England kit

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

England kit

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Any views on the new St. George’s flag on the back of the England kit for the European Championships
Any views on the new St. George’s flag on the back of the England kit for the European Championships
Keeping The Faith
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: England kit

Post by Sean_Nile »

It is all part of the woke agenda to destroy traditions and national heritage.. Tear down statues, rename streets, change St George's Cross so it is not recognisable.

Symbols tie us down to the old worn out traditions of the past, and are to best swept aside for a new Diverse Inclusive and Equal (DIE) society.

This is the way of the new world order. Destroy identity... no more male and female... you will own nothing and be happy.

Eats ze bugz.

Actually I like the new flag, just like the pride flag, the pride 50p, the pride football laces, the rainbow captains armbands, it will help to remind us that we are moving into a new brave world, where we will be lovingly cared for by the benevolent leaders at the World Economic forum.

Stan Cleethorpes (Tyneside welder unemployed)
Last edited by Sean_Nile on Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Nike say that the colours are from the 66 track suit collars and cuffs. Lol.

That is not a St. George cross.

Anyway that shirt is £125.00 they can keep it.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Somebody, somewhere at the FA approved the demo shirt.....
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

The away kit is quite classy although not to everyone’s taste regarding the colours - which do complement each other nevertheless.

Edit: hang on, I’ve just seen the full jersey for the first time, not too keen on the design down the sides.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

A Nike spokesperson told media outlets: "The England 2024 Home kit disrupts history with a modern take on a classic.

It is part of our woke agenda... and a statement against the colonialistic facsist running dogs, who are racist and cling to the lost dream that the sun never sets on the British Empire.

Empty the British museum of all the antiquities stolen from foreign lands. Monetary repatriations now. The real Saint George's flag is a symbol of repression and anyone calling for it to be reinstated is denying diversity and inclusion as the way forward for any nation that aspires to the high ideals of the WEF... and they deserve to be incarcerated in the tower of London until they mend their ways and become enlightened.

Samantha Smythe-Grimes they/them (co-chairperson of the Kensington branch of the progressive primary care givers association)
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68632034
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Even labour are complaining about the colour change to the English flag
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:44 am Even labour are complaining about the colour change to the English flag
Sort of related
jacket.jpg
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

It is an outrage that the flag of St George should be defiled in such a manner. If it has adorned the ships of the Royal Navy as the Royal Ensign from time immemorial, it is a disgrace that it should be abused and misused in this way.

Blistering barnacles the blighter responsible for this should be keel hauled, lashed to the mast and given a good old flogging, and have his rum rations cut in half.

Rear Admiral Percival Windjammer (retired)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It is pointless having the flag on if it isn't symbolic. So either have the proper flag or don't have a flag. If you want to do some weird thing then do some weird thing but don't have it as a flag.

Personally find it crazy that anyone would pay that sort of money to buy a poxy shirt. Last Leeds shirt I bought was the one 8 years ago, the Kappa design that had no sponsor logo on it. I really liked the fact that it was different in a good way, a more traditional looking shirt. Most of the shirts these day are so generic that you could simply swap the badge, change the colour and half a dozen other clubs in this country would have exactly the same basic shirt. Why pay a fortune for that?
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Society is already pretty close to breaking down so why not remove the last vestiges of unity we have. we can all have a play around with the flag and have different marauding factions ruling the country, oh just imagine how harmonious and peaceful it would be.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

WhiteRose wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:25 pm Society is already pretty close to breaking down so why not remove the last vestiges of unity we have. we can all have a play around with the flag and have different marauding factions ruling the country, oh just imagine how harmonious and peaceful it would be.
Society is breaking down because global capitalism is failing. Looking back to an idealised nationalist past is not the answer either.
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Umbro should bring out a cheaper, classic rival design based on the 66 shirt and clean up.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:40 pm Society is breaking down because global capitalism is failing. Looking back to an idealised nationalist past is not the answer either.
Oh absolutely who the hell wants to go back to those days, communities, national pride, decency, respect and low crime rates, err yuck pass me the sick bucket. Give me them sun lit uplands I hear about, more division, more envy, more violent crimes and perpetual self-flagellation for how bloody evil we all are - it really is an idyllic notion.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Was Gary Lineker a consultant?

Imagine if they changed all other countries emblems or is it only us that drives this nonsensical narrative.

It's the England national team playing other international countries of Europe at football.

We don't need to change our history to placate others, mainly our own English woke virtue signallers.

Africa should be suing us for stealing their Lions.

:whistle:
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Bugger me, it'll be the pink carnation of Yorkshire next.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

BradWhite wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:55 am Nike say that the colours are from the 66 track suit collars and cuffs. Lol.

That is not a St. George cross.

Anyway that shirt is £125.00 they can keep it.
Agreed , whatever they say , it not a St George cross........that is white with red.....end of . I won't buy anything Nike again , ever....go woke go broke .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

BradWhite wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:26 pm Was Gary Lineker a consultant?

Imagine if they changed all other countries emblems or is it only us that drives this nonsensical narrative.

It's the England national team playing other international countries of Europe at football.

We don't need to change our history to placate others, mainly our own English woke virtue signallers.

Africa should be suing us for stealing their Lions.

:whistle:
Lineker would love it , but I reckon he is looking after his lodger right now .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Clacton White wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:17 pm Lineker would love it , but I reckon he is looking after his lodger right now .
I saw the players looking at the new kit , I don't think it dawned on them in the slightest about this flag ....is it or isn't it . The gap in generations and the realizations of our traditions etc...it's a yawning chasm between them and us . I would like to hear Matt Le Tissiers take on it .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Oh yes and I reckon the turds on Squareball will be all for this thing .