Leeds Utd v Swansea City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Swansea City Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:00 pm Kamara. Rangers got rid because he called out the club for showing a backwards mentality after the Europa final. They sold their best player, Bassey, and Kamara said publicly he thought rangers should be pushing on and building around him rather than cashing in. Michael Beale who came in never picked him.

He accused a Prague player of racial abuse which was initially disregarded. Only when Kamara got sent off in the return fixture for tw*tting same player did Rangers support him. The Pragueplayer got a 10 match ban. Kamara was supported at the next Old Firm game by both sets of players clapping him on the field.

Positionally, he played right middle in a 4-3-3, so he was more defensive. Rangers under Beale played a very slow build up looking to thread through to a typical CF. Kemal Roofe or Morelos. Morelos was bonkers and Roofe was, well, Roofe. That said, Beale won the league, so he must have been doing something right, but his football wasn’t exciting.

Kamara was always a smooth player with good positioning and not afraid to stick a foot in.
Thanks for all that OB, I remember the racist abuse case, but didn’t realise it was Kamara.

As MC says, their loss is our gain 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Reading both the above is very encouraging all round.

He'll be loving it at Elland Rd, right age, bang on price looking like a bargain, good temperament, hopefully not a moaner, definitely doesn't look like a shirker. I'm enjoying watching him, some of you should try that, even when you're at the game live, pick a player you're interested in and don't follow the action, follow him, even if he goes tert bog, you'll be surprised by just how much more interesting a game is, we've a good few worth tracking atm on and off the ball to see their overall effort and contribution, or lack of, and where they could be putting in more of a shift, either helping a team mate out which would contribute to them looking bad, or just lacking in effort all round.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:19 pm Thanks for all that OB, I remember the racist abuse case, but didn’t realise it was Kamara.

As MC says, their loss is our gain 👍
Missed you last night, mate.

Traffic was horrendous last night.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:52 pm Missed you last night, mate.

Traffic was horrendous last night.
Yeah, I guessed you’d got caught up in it. The lad who stands next to me said it was murder outside trying to get in.

Had a bit of a problem with my ST too, worked eventually but not as efficiently as usual.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:00 pm Yeah, I guessed you’d got caught up in it. The lad who stands next to me said it was murder outside trying to get in.

Had a bit of a problem with my ST too, worked eventually but not as efficiently as usual.
We got in the ground about 7.05pm, I was down at the front of the kop, no sign of Heidi, Sue or your good self. Heidi was late arriving, apparently. My pal Steve just made kick-off.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:14 pm We got in the ground about 7.05pm, I was down at the front of the kop, no sign of Heidi, Sue or your good self. Heidi was late arriving, apparently. My pal Steve just made kick-off.
Odd I didn’t see you then, as I was there around that time.

Anyway, hopefully catch up on Saturday 👍
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Get a room you two!! :roflmao:
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteinfrance wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:49 pm Get a room you two!! :roflmao:
😂😂😂
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:35 am Only you two who agree about the Millers. Talking to five of my pals who attended the game, they wasn't too complimentary about Rotherham, nor were they impressed with Leeds, for the record.
I just don't expect to thrash every team in the bottom third of the table. They will want to beat us and try every trick in the book whilst fighting relegation. No game is easy....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:41 pm Odd I didn’t see you then, as I was there around that time.

Anyway, hopefully catch up on Saturday 👍
I have a minor dental operation on Saturday at 9.05am in Hull, of all places, hopefully I'll be back in time to pick up the coach in Driffield.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 15.34.25.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteinfrance wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:49 pm Get a room you two!! :roflmao:
We're mates.

Only poofters share a room ;-)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Mates not the best word there! :)
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:23 pm Reading both the above is very encouraging all round.

He'll be loving it at Elland Rd, right age, bang on price looking like a bargain, good temperament, hopefully not a moaner, definitely doesn't look like a shirker. I'm enjoying watching him, some of you should try that, even when you're at the game live, pick a player you're interested in and don't follow the action, follow him, even if he goes tert bog, you'll be surprised by just how much more interesting a game is, we've a good few worth tracking atm on and off the ball to see their overall effort and contribution, or lack of, and where they could be putting in more of a shift, either helping a team mate out which would contribute to them looking bad, or just lacking in effort all round.
Calm as a cucumber. He's looking every bit the part and is starting to show some creativity to his tenacity.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

There was the Georginio touch...and then there was this

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

The ref was so poor last night I was surprised he didn't give that tackle as a foul, especially considering their player stayed down clutching his leg like he'd cut him in half with a chain-saw.
Excellent tackle, excellent pass, excellent goal.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:44 pm The ref was so poor last night I was surprised he didn't give that tackle as a foul, especially considering their player stayed down clutching his leg like he'd cut him in half with a chain-saw.
Excellent tackle, excellent pass, excellent goal.
I was surprised, too, as he was giving free-kicks for nothing.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

In Farke we trust...