Patrick Bamford- Will miss playoff final

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by 1964white »

Remember Leicester last season when we needed a victory, had he put that simple chance away we may have stayed up.

This season, Bamford is doing his best to keep us in the championship.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:33 am Remember Leicester last season when we needed a victory, had he put that simple chance away we may have stayed up.

I can't stand the fella Leon. He compromises what we're trying to do at every turn and like a few others of the old guard, Ayling, Cooper, etc, should have been gone after that first season back in the EPL.

Good players produce consistently at the top level, Batty, Viduka, Kelly, etc, but these guys don't cos they aren't good enough. I don't understand the sentimentality? Are people still pining for a girlfriend they had when they were sixteen?

These guys should have been run out of town years ago.

I was that knackered with work and overtime that I went to bed after the first 15 minutes last night. Good I did, not to watch that tosser Bamfraud cost us again.

Him and a number of these "heroes" have cost several coaches their jobs at LUFC over the past few seasons, due to misplaced faith and loyalty.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:51 am I can't stand the fella Leon. He compromises what we're trying to do at every turn and like a few others of the old guard, Ayling, Cooper, etc, should have been gone after that first season back in the EPL.

Good players produce consistently at the top level, Batty, Viduka, Kelly, etc, but these guys don't cos they aren't good enough. I don't understand the sentimentality? Are people still pining for a girlfriend they had when they were sixteen?

I was that knackered with work and overtime that I went to bed after the first 15 minutes last night. Good I did, not to watch that tosser Bamfraud cost us again.

Him and a number of these "heroes" have cost several coaches their jobs at LUFC over the past few seasons, due to misplaced faith and loyalty.
Well said. Yet we're planning on giving Ayling a new contract! Why exactly?! :roll:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:22 am Well said. Yet we're planning on giving Ayling a new contract! Why exactly?! :roll:
Cheers SG :tup:

Cooper, Ayling, Bamford, and the lot of them will get new contracts, because we love rewarding useless dross that nobody else would touch with a bargepole!

They're nice guys :)

Great, so what? What they do on the pitch is what matters 8-)

Farke's an extra striker, and with that insight I'm sure that is the final nail in the Fraud's coffin :ok:
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

It’s the morning after that debacle and it doesn’t feel any better and my sympathy for Bamford hasn’t taken any upturn.

Perhaps DF is playing him because of his wages.

The club has backed him for years and IMO, that has been a major mistake. Always top or near the top of the missed chances league and seemingly made of tissues and Quavers, it’s difficult to make a case for the clubs backing.

The personal abuse is pathetic but the club cannot keep putting him in the firing line.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Bamfraud is at his best for us when he's laying on the physio bed, same as Forshaw was :lol:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey !

We could look at it like this :duno:

He had the balls to step up and take it knowing if he missed he'd get all this shite.

I'm still planning to walk on the pitch with a knife if we get another penalty.

To slash the ball that is :duno: If he touches it.

Bambi's thought process "Right i'll listen to that twat Kennyb and put it where the keeper ain't a chance to get his hands to it"

Yeah reet Pat, you've cracked it pal :tup:

Seems there's just some 'slight' adjustment needed.

I bet he's been smashin 10/10 in in training Pat innit ?

You're not one for pressure ya thick twat, now fck off, and don't go anywhere near a penalty anymore.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

You have to back your striker to score from the spot and he has to back himself, otherwise what's the point?

But having missed it his confidence will be even more shot, the fans will be on his back and Farke will have lost faith.
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

I think he hates the fans so much that he missed on purpose, it’s a kind of sado-masochistic thing. Least ways, he shouldn’t be on unless we are three goals up with ten minutes to go and nowhere near penalties. If someone else had taken it, we would have been saying he had some good touches, played OK, but no, he had to feel the pain because it’s all about him and the fans he hates.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

White Riot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:16 am Bamfraud is at his best for us when he's laying on the physio bed, same as Forshaw was :lol:
had to laugh at this, so true.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Scoobychief wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:22 am had to laugh at this, so true.
Yes . Not many players you would wish injury on.....but if it gets Bamford out of reckoning for a game day place .......well ......🤔. Anyway he is due an injury now , must be a few weeks since he had one .
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:25 am I think he hates the fans so much that he missed on purpose, it’s a kind of sado-masochistic thing. Least ways, he shouldn’t be on unless we are three goals up with ten minutes to go and nowhere near penalties. If someone else had taken it, we would have been saying he had some good touches, played OK, but no, he had to feel the pain because it’s all about him and the fans he hates.
fair enough but that's a ridiculous thing to think

runs his socks off whenever he plays for us, won the penalty etc. clearly tries his best for us, just struggles to handle the pressure in front of goal sometimes - too often for a top level striker
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Clacton White wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:24 am Yes . Not many players you would wish injury on.....but if it gets Bamford out of reckoning for a game day place .......well ......🤔. Anyway he is due an injury now , must be a few weeks since he had one .
Autumn is here, I'm sure they'll be a few leaves blowing about for him to trip over.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Thing is, when a player is having mares, and getting pelters from the fans, a lot of managers simply stick with them as if to prove a point, what point are they trying to prove at the expense of the greater good !!
Bamford had one good season behind closed doors, he looks nervous anywhere near the penalty area yet he's the CF , any coincidence !!
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:58 pm I’ve literally argued with those around me at ER, my friends, in his defence.

Not any more, I’m finished with him. He’s smirking after missing a penalty, almost laughing, taking the piss out of the fans.
I can't find highlights that show that, do you have a link?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:33 am Remember Leicester last season when we needed a victory, had he put that simple chance away we may have stayed up.

Missed 3 in a row apparently, penalties that is.........WHY let him near the ball in that scenario . Bloody awful ,wasteful player ....more of a liability than an asset, made a career out if one good PL season , yet even then look at that record , I reckon a decent striker playing in that side , given the chances that Bielsa side created, scores 30 plus goals that season...how many would Harry Kane have got given thost chances ? Personally I would rather him be nowhere near the first team again, but I guess his wages alone dictate that he plays in some way .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:14 pm I can't find highlights that show that, do you have a link?
Does Bamford have penalty highlights ? I think the usual shot is of his head in his hands after he has missed . That one last night.... wasn't even on target .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

White Riot wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:51 am I can't stand the fella Leon. He compromises what we're trying to do at every turn and like a few others of the old guard, Ayling, Cooper, etc, should have been gone after that first season back in the EPL.

Yes , in hindsight should have sold Bamford in the brief period his stock was high, then bought a real striker with the money . I do think he likes to think he is Denis Bergkamp .
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Most noticeable thing is nobody including Paddy followed it in looking for the rebound.
Look at Dan James, hands on his knees, absolutely 0 confidence it would be worth the effort of following it in.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:33 pm
Most noticeable thing is nobody including Paddy followed it in looking for the rebound.
Doesn't show him grinning but yes, distinct lack of bodies around the box too is suggestive. James knows Paddy is going to miss... I think Paddy owes Leeds a lot more than Leeds owe Paddy atm..

I'd have Joseph, who looks like he's headed upwards quickly, on the bench as back up striker next time. Paddy needs to be in the 21's for while
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"