Strange betting odds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Anderson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Strange betting odds

Post by Anderson »

English League2 this weekend Bradford City are at home to Crewe.Mk Dons are at home to Doncaster.MkDons are 2nd and Donny next to bottom.Crewe are11th and Bradford are 18th.Yet Bradford are 8to15 and Mk Dons are 8to11.Can anyone explain these strange odds.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Strange betting odds

Post by Jaydog »

Anderson wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:42 pm English League2 this weekend Bradford City are at home to Crewe.Mk Dons are at home to Doncaster.MkDons are 2nd and Donny next to bottom.Crewe are11th and Bradford are 18th.Yet Bradford are 8to15 and Mk Dons are 8to11.Can anyone explain these strange odds.
Do not follow this league closely Anderson but the most eye catching odds would be MK Dons. You’d expect them to be a fair bit shorter I’d say.
Maybe it’s home advantage for Bradford that’s made them a little short. Bookies generally have good reasoning for what they do. Are you having a bet and if so what is it?
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Anderson wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:42 pm English League2 this weekend Bradford City are at home to Crewe.Mk Dons are at home to Doncaster.MkDons are 2nd and Donny next to bottom.Crewe are11th and Bradford are 18th.Yet Bradford are 8to15 and Mk Dons are 8to11.Can anyone explain these strange odds.
It’s very early days, the league table is way too early to trust in any serious way, so presumably the bookies are taking their own view which I can see look a little different to what you’d expect.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Anderson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Anderson »

Thanks Jaydog and Barlow Boy for replies.Iaccept it’s only 4matches in,but am puzzled why bet365,William Hill and Betfred all have Bradford so short.Doesnot each bookie have their own odds compiler or is there just one person working for all 3bookies.In my view Mk Dons price is quite fair it’s City’s price which hit me.City for the last few years have always been tipped for promotion but are still where they are.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Anderson wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:47 pm Thanks Jaydog and Barlow Boy for replies.Iaccept it’s only 4matches in,but am puzzled why bet365,William Hill and Betfred all have Bradford so short.Doesnot each bookie have their own odds compiler or is there just one person working for all 3bookies.In my view Mk Dons price is quite fair it’s City’s price which hit me.City for the last few years have always been tipped for promotion but are still where they are.
Don’t think there’s any connection between the bookies mentioned apart from the fact most of them use Betfair Exchange to form their markets these days. That’s where the “knowledge” is.
All I can say is if you see what you believe is a mistake and you like a bet then get on!
Crewe @ 9/2 with B365. Easy money 😎 💰
marie67
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by marie67 »

Bradford home to Crewe. Bradford have 2 wins and a draw in the last 4 including the league cup game and home advantage. Crewe have 1 win and 3 draws. Still the odds are too odds on.
Milton Keynes odds on is correct and living in doncaster i know its not going well and -7 goal difference after 4 games is the worst in the division. Till rovers prove otherwise i'd back milton keynes at those odds.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

So I’m going MK Dons @ 8/11 & Crewe @ 9/2
£25 double returns £240 ish
Easy
Anderson
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Anderson »

Thanks Marie67 l had forgot about the City cup game,but don’t forget City we’re hammered at morecambe last weekend.Anyway good luck to Donny for the season.Jaydog Keep your money in your pocket .Also keep up the good humour you make us all laugh.Cheers pal.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Anderson wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:26 am Thanks Marie67 l had forgot about the City cup game,but don’t forget City we’re hammered at morecambe last weekend.Anyway good luck to Donny for the season.Jaydog Keep your money in your pocket .Also keep up the good humour you make us all laugh.Cheers pal.
I knew there was a reason he came on here, but couldn’t put my finger on it.

Thanks for solving that mystery mate 👍
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:08 pm So I’m going MK Dons @ 8/11 & Crewe @ 9/2
£25 double returns £240 ish
Easy
You should add PSV to QUALIFY 2/5 over Rangers and Erin Blanchfield 4/6 to defeat Taila Santos in MMA too.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:30 am You should add PSV to QUALIFY 2/5 over Rangers and Erin Blanchfield 4/6 to defeat Taila Santos in MMA too.
Ok. What’s that, a fourfold now. Any more?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:32 am I knew there was a reason he came on here, but couldn’t put my finger on it.

Thanks for solving that mystery mate 👍
Meow
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:30 am You should add PSV to QUALIFY 2/5 over Rangers and Erin Blanchfield 4/6 to defeat Taila Santos in MMA too.
IMG_7642.jpeg
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Not sure about the Crewe part of that bet Jaydog, the bookies are not usually far out on their odds but this is coming from someone who had 4 homes done last week & got 3 draws & a defeat so…………….
Keeping The Faith
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:55 amMeow
:)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:12 am Not sure about the Crewe part of that bet Jaydog, the bookies are not usually far out on their odds but this is coming from someone who had 4 homes done last week & got 3 draws & a defeat so…………….
Tbh Cuss I’m just going by the experts above and if they’re wrong it’s their fault. Win win. Or win lose most likely.
I’m concentrating my efforts on the Tour Champs/FEDEX golf this week. 18m$ to the winner. Rory going for his 4th FedEx win. You do the math as they say in America
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:30 am Tbh Cuss I’m just going by the experts above and if they’re wrong it’s their fault. Win win. Or win lose most likely.
I’m concentrating my efforts on the Tour Champs/FEDEX golf this week. 18m$ to the winner. Rory going for his 4th FedEx win. You do the math as they say in America
Rory will prob start as favourite or thereabouts, playing great golf at the minute although just can’t get over the line in the majors but it’s coming. Along with Darren Clarke & Graeme McDowell he’s been a great advocate & ambassador for golf in Northern Ireland. Thanks to them & many others they managed to get The Open returned to Royal Portrush in 2019 & due to return in 2025.
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:47 am Rory will prob start as favourite or thereabouts, playing great golf at the minute although just can’t get over the line in the majors but it’s coming. Along with Darren Clarke & Graeme McDowell he’s been a great advocate & ambassador for golf in Northern Ireland. Thanks to them & many others they managed to get The Open returned to Royal Portrush in 2019 & due to return in 2025.
It’s a handicap start from the FedEx list so Scheffler is favourite. Rory second in the betting and 3 behind Scottie Dog.
Rory reeled him in from 6 behind last year.
Scheffler tee to green is the best on the planet but his putter lets him down badly as per last week when Hovland mowed him down.
I’m going in with my mate Brian again. Very underrated and not afraid of anyone now he’s tucked a major away. Lapped the field there don’t forget.
Planning on trying to get tickets for Portrush when that ballot comes around
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

I’ll buy you a beer 🍺
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor