Robin Koch- Signs pre contract with Eintracht Frankfurt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Robin Koch- Joining Eintracht Frankfurt on loan

Post by Cjay »

Meh crappy deal

Orta and kinnear masterclass
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Robin Koch- Eintracht Frankfurt loan confirmed

Post by The Subhuman »

Yawn....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Contrary to what some of our fans think, Koch was one of our better players last season

Good luck & all the best for the future, Robin.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Never rated him, soft and positionally all over the place, more often seen with a shell shocked look on his face rather than trying to organise things when the chips were down. seemed a good bloke though and got involved in community causes so can’t help but wish him well.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:38 pm Never rated him, soft and positionally all over the place, more often seen with a shell shocked look on his face rather than trying to organise things when the chips were down. seemed a good bloke though and got involved in community causes so can’t help but wish him well.
Koch was left exposed by our two full-backs who couldn't defend & no defensive midfield cover in front of him, especially when Adams was unavailable.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:38 pm Never rated him, soft and positionally all over the place, more often seen with a shell shocked look on his face rather than trying to organise things when the chips were down. seemed a good bloke though and got involved in community causes so can’t help but wish him well.
Agree with that. Koch was a huge disappointment for me seeing as it seemed that he was one that Bielsa identified as a target (or was seemingly very happy to go with him if it was an ORta recommendation). Always sort of looked promising but never really got past that for me. Looked far better with a leader and organiser alongside him but for me just average in just about eveyr category rather than outstanding in any defensive attributes.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

koch off
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

What Whiterose and Weasel said. Soft and no leader. A poor purchase. Can't see him playing for Germany any time soon, unless they have really dipped. As far as I'm concerned all our defenders who played last year can leave - if anyone will have them!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm with 64, probably player of the season for us. Multi talented and really our defence, which never got settled nor had a good holding mid in place, was left exposed way to often
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Played some blinders at RB too especially after Ayling lost his marbles at Arsenal the season we just stayed up. Certainly better in his cameo there than anything I saw from Ayling or Rasmus this year. All the best Rob.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:06 am I'm with 64, probably player of the season for us. Multi talented and really our defence, which never got settled nor had a good holding mid in place, was left exposed way to often
Koch can't have been that bad, as going from our members votes, Robin finished 2nd overall in both our MOTM & Player Ratings post-match polls.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A loan fee of around £400k according to German media. . . . .

Not great really.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:39 am Koch can't have been that bad, as going from our members votes, Robin finished 2nd overall in both our MOTM & Player Ratings post-match polls.
We did have an awful season though. As my dear great grandma used to say, "King of the sh*ts is still a sh*t."
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

weasel wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:48 pm We did have an awful season though. As my dear great grandma used to say, "King of the sh*ts is still a sh*t."
I wonder how many votes there was? Not many I'd imagine!
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Looks like Frankfurt want Koch permanently after his loan is finished.

Frankfurt’s sporting director Markus Krosche has already expressed a wish to make his move to the club permanent.

"Speaking to SportBild, Krosche says Frankfurt have a ‘clear plan’ to ‘keep Koch for the long term’ and beyond the expiry of his one-year loan arrangement. To that end, talks expected to take place with Leeds over a permanent deal in the new year."

Source: https://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/t ... -loan-star
In Farke we trust...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:01 pm Looks like Frankfurt want Koch permanently after his loan is finished.

Frankfurt’s sporting director Markus Krosche has already expressed a wish to make his move to the club permanent.

"Speaking to SportBild, Krosche says Frankfurt have a ‘clear plan’ to ‘keep Koch for the long term’ and beyond the expiry of his one-year loan arrangement. To that end, talks expected to take place with Leeds over a permanent deal in the new year."

Source: https://www.teamtalk.com/leeds-united/t ... -loan-star
My POTS last season, very good footballer. He'll have around 6 months left on contract in the "New Year" which I assume means the Jan transfer window. The only benefit I see in them having talks with Leeds then is to not run the risk of him going elsewhere on a free.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:22 pm My POTS last season, very good footballer. He'll have around 6 months left on contract in the "New Year" which I assume means the Jan transfer window. The only benefit I see in them having talks with Leeds then is to not run the risk of him going elsewhere on a free.
Always rated him too. Definitely one of our strongest players last season. Could take a beating like no other.

He and Roca right now seem to be the two on-loan players logging the best performances.
In Farke we trust...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Robin Koch

Post by whiteswan »

Good news....get rid
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Koch scored the winning goal vs. Aberdeen today in the UEFA Europa Conference League Group G.

Let's hope his stock keeps on a rising for a sale in Jan :rocket:
In Farke we trust...
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote:Koch scored the winning goal vs. Aberdeen today in the UEFA Europa Conference League Group G.

Let's hope his stock keeps on a rising for a sale in Jan :rocket:
Koch celebrates
IMG_20230922_111342.jpg
Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk