Fulham 2-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:58 pm I rate McKennie but he now needs to be dropped even from the squad, he's not here next season, he knows that and he's playing like he has nothing to play for. We're also playing him way too deep

Forshaw, Roca, McKennie. None of these are defensive mids in that they can defend. Gyabi can be that player but I think we may have left that too late.
Agree on McK.
You need a manager with some balls though not a yes man defence first type. If he’d come in and turned things on its head and made some big changes I’d have been right behind him. Especially if we were set up to exploit our strengths. But he’s generally left them on the bench.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:51 pm You should keep an eye on them. Probably catch McKennie sitting in the corner, eating a Mars bar.
Cooper smashing neighbours windows with his long passes

Rodders talking to the fish until the ball goes near him when he moves very slowly a bit.

Aaronson and Harrison just stood whispering to each other.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:07 pm Cooper smashing neighbours windows with his long passes

Rodders talking to the fish until the ball goes near him when he moves very slowly a bit.

Aaronson and Harrison just stood whispering to each other.
Rutter sitting under a blanket ...

Rasmus trying to burn ants with a magnifying glass ...

McKennie trying to find anyone that will talk to him ...

Bamford twisting his ankle ...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:58 pm I rate McKennie but he now needs to be dropped even from the squad, he's not here next season, he knows that and he's playing like he has nothing to play for. We're also playing him way too deep

Forshaw, Roca, McKennie. None of these are defensive mids in that they can defend. Gyabi can be that player but I think we may have left that too late.
I'd love to see Gyabi, just for some fresh energy. Or Archie. But i think that Javi has made a decision to stick with experience.

Should have thrown a couple of lads into the mix for the Arsenal game - the one that Javi was taking as a free hit
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Javi is not going to sort our issues out. Too big a job for him. It would be a struggle for Pep!
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Someone suggested this lot would be ok in the championship 🤣🤣 . They would be overpowered physically ,it would be f**king hilarious watching though....

We are spineless.....
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

I think we don't have a good enough squad or that we have improved at all on last season. Out of our American footballing trio only one stands out. Tyler Adams' and he's injured and even then we have absolutely no depth in squad.
And What's with Gracias starting 11? Why do our better players often not start. Next two games are must win or we are going to be relagated.😂😂😂
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Form wise we have fallen off a cliff, the forest and wolves games and even the first half vs palace we were ok, certainly competitive but its night and day compared to the last few games - only difference is our league position and slight gap to bottom 3, I reckon if we fall back in to relegation zone our performances will turn around
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:21 pm Someone suggested this lot would be ok in the championship 🤣🤣 . They would be overpowered physically ,it would be f**king hilarious watching though....

We are spineless.....
If we had a sensible DOF we would be looking through the championship, maybe league 1 and scouting the best players - instead scouts are probably at Barcelona and Madrid b team games
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:42 pm I was calling for Robles to help organize the back line and yell at people. With Cooper and Wober, we've got some leadership back. I'd even bring Ayling back as Rasmus has done nothing to claim the position. And on today's showing Forshaw for McKennie. So we have enough leaders at the back.

I do rate Melsier a much better keeper than Robles. But might be fair to take him out of the firing line for a couple of games. His confidence has to be shot to pieces now by our abysmal defence.
We called for all those changes on the Pick your team thread, earlier this week. Obviously Javi ignored our team advice 🙄
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:21 pm Someone suggested this lot would be ok in the championship 🤣🤣 . They would be overpowered physically ,it would be f**king hilarious watching though....

We are spineless.....
More embarrassment to come 😳
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:40 pm Form wise we have fallen off a cliff, the forest and wolves games and even the first half vs palace we were ok, certainly competitive but its night and day compared to the last few games - only difference is our league position and slight gap to bottom 3, I reckon if we fall back in to relegation zone our performances will turn around
One good stat is that, every time we've been in the relegation zone we've won our next game.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:58 pm One good stat is that, every time we've been in the relegation zone we've won our next game.
That won’t happen again.
1964white

Re: Fulham 2-1 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

At this point I’m convinced Aaronson has a clause in his contract that states he has to start every game…

Says a lot about recruitment when in 2023. I’d have started Forshaw at Fulham & on Tuesday.

Options in midfield: Forshaw, Gyabi (19yo) Gray (17yo)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:54 am At this point I’m convinced Aaronson has a clause in his contract that states he has to start every game

Says a lot about recruitment when in 2023. I’d have started Forshaw at Fulham & on Tuesday.

Options in midfield: Forshaw, Gyabi (19yo) Gray (17yo)
I doubt that for a permanent signing. But I believe it for a loan signing (McKennie). Usually there's a financial non-playing fee in loan agreements. So maybe the board have told Gracia he has to play him.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:32 pm I doubt that for a permanent signing. But I believe it for a loan signing (McKennie). Usually there's a financial non-playing fee in loan agreements. So maybe the board have told Gracia he has to play him.
Except you couldn't write in a must play clause on top of a max game clause that triggers a sale.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:32 pm I doubt that for a permanent signing. But I believe it for a loan signing (McKennie). Usually there's a financial non-playing fee in loan agreements. So maybe the board have told Gracia he has to play him.
If you trust the Di Marzio guy (and Di Marzio are tier 1 for Italian football) it's basically an obligation to buy in everything but name.

We have to avoid relegation

He has to play in around 10 games (he's already done that).

Fabrizio Romano also backed that deal structure up.

It's highly unlikely the 2 most reliable Italian football sources are wrong
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:54 pm If you trust the Di Marzio guy (and Di Marzio are tier 1 for Italian football) it's basically an obligation to buy in everything but name.

We have to avoid relegation

He has to play in around 10 games (he's already done that).

Fabrizio Romano also backed that deal structure up.

It's highly unlikely the 2 most reliable Italian football sources are wrong
That's a relief ,it'll save us £30m