Is there a new world order

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Is there a new world order

Post by mentalcase »

Football.
Morocco today, Japan v Germany, Canada very unlucky v Belgium, SA V Argentina, it goes on.
They say htere are no easy games in football any more, and world rankings really count for nothing, but, Belgium, although ageing, ought to be beating teams like Morocco, or am I doing them a disservice ?
Full credit to the coaches who study the european and the more fancied teams and compete and beat them.
It's great to see the so called "minnows" taking it to the bigger nations, closing them down quickly and attacking at every opportunity, it's boring watching the tippy tappy shite across the back 4 into midfield and back again.
For me, it will be great to see a new world order.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Is there a new world order

Post by Jaydog »

Maybe a new world order is premature but we’ll see in a few weeks time. I always thought the timing & location was going to lead to a few shocks. Not be a big surprise to see a minnow get to the semis.
Well executed tactics too, are you watching GS.
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Didn't Japan get to a semi final in one tournament ?
I'm not saying, one of the lesser nations will win the world cup, but, they are now giving the bigger teams a real game of it, often competing and sometimes beating.
Bring it on, adds to the excitement.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I think Japan and the US will be the two teams to watch in the next decade to 15 years. With their resources and populations, they will become footballing powerhouses before long.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:25 pm Didn't Japan get to a semi final in one tournament ?
I'm not saying, one of the lesser nations will win the world cup, but, they are now giving the bigger teams a real game of it, often competing and sometimes beating.
Bring it on, adds to the excitement.
South Korea did in 2002. Although they had corrupt/dodgy refs against Italy and Spain.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Got in before me. South Korea.
I agree that USA could become a much bigger force in years to come
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:37 pm South Korea did in 2002. Although they had corrupt/dodgy refs against Italy and Spain.
South Korea yea :tup:
Look at Canada now, absolutely flying.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Canada to possibly?

Qualified ahead of Mexico and the USA.

Got some talented young players.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

There is certainly a levelling- off occurring, Big part of which is more and more of the lesser fancied teams players are playing in the top European leagues. It will continue to more competitive as time goes on.
Conversely it is also why England are generally crap, and the future is bleak.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Lol I saw this post and thought the great reset conspiracy theorists had reached our doors.

Re the Op.

Wait and see who makes up the QFs.

Not studied the draw too closely but I suspect 5or 6 of the usual suspects will be present.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:51 pm Lol I saw this post and thought the great reset conspiracy theorists had reached our doors.

Re the Op.

Wait and see who makes up the QFs.

Not studied the draw too closely but I suspect 5or 6 of the usual suspects will be present.
Namely?
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:37 pm South Korea did in 2002. Although they had corrupt/dodgy refs against Italy and Spain.
Had to do a double take then SG.........as I had assumed with that type of comment/language it had to be a Velo post :)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Madron wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:59 pmNamely?

Argentina
England
France
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Brazil
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:09 pm Argentina
England
France
Spain
Portugal
Belgium
Brazil
Belgium will be out in the group
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

So called 'minnows' have been slowly closing the gap for years now, think back to Cameroon playing England years ago, it was a cracking game.

There's a lot more countries now that can field 11 decent players enough to produce a good game, it's how far that depth goes.

England, Spain, Germany etc the 'usual suspects' could perhaps pick a 'C' team that would probably beat most of the minnows'

But 11 v 11 can easily produce upsets as is seen in the F A Cup.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Even tho i don't watch it i guess its a somewhat fairer way of doing football. You reap what you sow in terms of early development rather than selling the pieces of the jigsaw to the highest bidder.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

A new world footballing order is likely given the amount of foreign nationals playing in the top flight of English football. Fewer English players to choose from that could represent England means a lowering of those skill standards needed to win trophies. England are crap and haven't been champions of the world since 66.

New world order theories relate to the ebb and flow of international trading, geopolitics and banking practices that lead the gullible to murder one another when ordered to do so.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Broad Ford wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:59 pm A new world footballing order is likely given the amount of foreign nationals playing in the top flight of English football. Fewer English players to choose from that could represent England means a lowering of those skill standards needed to win trophies. England are crap and haven't been champions of the world since 66.

New world order theories relate to the ebb and flow of international trading, geopolitics and banking practices that lead the gullible to murder one another when ordered to do so.
England will never win anything until we start producing technical players, especially in midfield, rather than this obsession with strength and pace.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Broad Ford wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:59 pm A new world footballing order is likely given the amount of foreign nationals playing in the top flight of English football. Fewer English players to choose from that could represent England means a lowering of those skill standards needed to win trophies. England are crap and haven't been champions of the world since 66.

Thats what I said in my post above.

You only have to look at Englands striker options without Kane. Where are any England prospects under25 in the Premier league ?
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Madron wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:08 pm Thats what I said in my post above.

You only have to look at Englands striker options without Kane. Where are any England prospects under25 in the Premier league ?
Kane looks tired and could be carrying an injury, but Soufgate has to play him because there are no other options. Bambam wore the England shirt for a few games giving Kane a rest, but until other players mature and develop England are going nowhere in my lifetime.

Big money PL football has ruined the traditional English game and fans short sightedness played a big part. If British fans had not taken Sky contracts to watch footy at home, instead opposing the big money takeover of the game England football team would have more English players in the top flight to choose from.

TV cash, armchair spectators and fans short sightedness have all played their part in England's demise as a leading footballing nation on the pitch.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.