Tottenham 4-3 Leeds Utd Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Tottenham 4-3 Leeds Utd Match Thread - Post Match Debate

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:43 pm Right my take & a few issues after watching the whole game this morning, was really difficult to judge on Saturday as the stream was horrible & I had to watch the match without any commentary, it was that bad.

We certainly know how to shoot ourselves in the foot :(

Firstly, why was Gnonto subbed? Some really nice touches & he rarely gave the ball away. Greenwood was less efficient as his replacement & was one of our players caught napping for their third goal.

Even worse, why take Roca off whom was controlling our midfield brilliantly, I can't recall Marc losing possession, all his passes were cute & sweet, his pass for Rodrigo's 2nd goal was delghtful. We totally lost the midfield in the last ten minutes after his departure, After Rodrigo he was arguably the MOTM.

Koch was brilliant at the back until he stuck a leg out on Kulusevski rather than just guide him onto the goal-line.

Coops did some good things, my god when he goes wrong he is bad, jogging & ambling about marking fresh air, made a horrible defensive header into the path of Bentancur for one of his goals.

Pascal & Aaronson went to sleep from a throw-in for one of their goals. Our Big Pirate went napping on a couple of occasions.

Adams also went napping twice standing still marking fresh air allowing Baentacur & Davies to shoot & score with no pressing whatsoever. Tyler also committed five dreadful fouls & can have no argument about his dismissal

Kristensen played well, a headed assist for Rodrigo's first goal.

Attacking-wise Rodrigo, Aaronson & Summervile were superb.
Similar thoughts on Gmonto. He had his best period 10 minutes before half time. The problem with taking him off sp early was that we had no experienced attacking or midfield options on the bench. That really handicapped us later in the game.

Heard a few say that we needed fresh legs in the midfield rather than 5 at the back. Doing the latter just invited pressure. But, again, we were light on alternatives. Roca was having a better game than Adams. And hadn't been booked. So probably could have subbed TA instead. In the end though a lot of it just came down to not having experienced depth on the bench. And as ever, not wanting to give Gelhardt more than 5 minutes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:56 pm Similar thoughts on Gmonto. He had his best period 10 minutes before half time. The problem with taking him off sp early was that we had no experienced attacking or midfield options on the bench. That really handicapped us later in the game.

Heard a few say that we needed fresh legs in the midfield rather than 5 at the back. Doing the latter just invited pressure. But, again, we were light on alternatives. Roca was having a better game than Adams. And hadn't been booked. So probably could have subbed TA instead. In the end though a lot of it just came down to not having experienced depth on the bench. And as ever, not wanting to give Gelhardt more than 5 minutes.
Roca was having his best game of the season, I don't know what pass success rate was, but it have been close to 100%, with Roca on the park we were controlling the game prior to their equalizer, it went all tits off when he was taken off.

Joffy actually had three good touches in the five minutes he was actually on park.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Like I've continually said "bad management" yes, we have a shortage of experience on the bench, but, I would have left Roca on, we were stronger with him on, just seems like JM has to make subs sometimes for no other reason than he can, and wants to keep the bench happy, he has to be more ruthless.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"