Jesse Marsch

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41744
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:08 pm I can't help but wonder if the decisive factor was that he was american so was a good fit in tegards to the 49ers.
Probably pretty close to the truth.

Also the RedBull model is Radz wet dream.

Valverde would have likely made demands Marsch wouldn't.

He absolutely was imo the outstanding candidate
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
March712
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon May 02, 2022 4:22 pm

Re: Jesse Marsch post Leicester

Post by March712 »

Sounds virtually the same every time; fine if we are winning, but we are not and we look s**t both in tactics and morale...there is no clear route out of this given the run of games we have between now and 2nd January 2023.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:10 pm Tedesco I'd imagine, but I don't think he'd be an improvement.
Have you never noticed my supermarket preferences. Oh I thought that was Tesco
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:10 pm Yeah but keeping someone because you think we can only attract sh*t is not a reason to keep someone who is doing sh*t.

We are still a big name and able to pay big wages. Plenty of managers will be interested.
So who? People want Marsch gone, fine. Who next?
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23144
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:11 pm Probably pretty close to the truth.

Also the RedBull model is Radz wet dream.

Valverde would have likely made demands Marsch wouldn't.

He absolutely was imo the outstanding candidate
No way he'd let Radz throw him under a bus.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41744
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 pm No way he'd let Radz throw him under a bus.
Valverde wouldn't.

He is to well qualified, successful and respected.

He would be in a position of power.

Marsch wasn't.

Fans would have rallied behind him in a way they didn't Marsch.

That puts pressure on the board
Last edited by Cjay on Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:15 pm Valverde wouldn't.

He is to well qualified, successful and respected.

He would be in a position of power.

Marsch wasn't.
Valverde, Poch etc. Not coming to ER. NO CHANCE
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6760
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Carrick Dave »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:47 pm Probably...........


Image
Gordon Ramsey isn’t aging well.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41744
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:16 pm Valverde, Poch etc. Not coming to ER. NO CHANCE
We looked at Valverde before Marsch.

He won't come now no.

But back then I think he may
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15046
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Jesse Marsch post Leicester

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Pretty underwhelming I thought
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23144
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by SG90 »

Domenico Tedesco. Remember you heard it here first!
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4519
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Marsch Out

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Dab247 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:56 pm Marsch needs to go,he has no clue as to his best formation,the players with exception of aaronson,look like they've never played together before,he's a typical yank,talks the talk probably installed at behest of 49ers.If he stays,we will get relegated.
Typical Yank? Just f**k off with that bullshit. How about he's just not been good enough? Or do you really need to include your anti-Americanism in there.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6760
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Carrick Dave »

Prime saying Gerrard sacked early so they get first run at Poch.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Poch would be crazy to tarnish himself with our current shower of s**t
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6760
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Carrick Dave »

Marsch looked haggard in the post-match tonight, and defeated on the touchline during the game instead of being his usual ebullient self.

Maybe he knows something we don’t.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79101
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Marsch Out

Post by The Subhuman »

I'ts a very small degree, and I can't imagine what it could be, CJay. I'm a Leeds fan, a next man up believer, I don't like picking on players doing their best. (I speak without bias, (I've actually been positive about Paddy as he started the season as sharp as I've ever seen him)) and I'll criticize players who commit errors, like Kristensen early season and Roca/Koch tonight. But they'll get a fresh set of eyes next time up, I won't do what most do here and stick blinkers on and pick a scapegoat irrespective of form

Weasel is about the best analyst here, there's a lack of bias in most of his posts even if we disagree a fair bit I will always read his posts because they're not agenda driven (Yes like me he's a Bielsa truther but it's an unbiased version. Sara also top quality (I expect I'll get pulled up for giving the fairer sex a nod like last time but they'll get told to f**k off as usual)) Maybe no surprise he's managed and I've coached/scouted in the past (For me it was at U13/14/15 level)

I know it comes down to the manager first and foremost, right manager we have a top 10 squad, no f**king clue who that manager might be as it's not my job to know... But a good manager gets the individuals to play as a team and we're just not playing as a team atm... Maybe JM's system is too complicated, needs to many moving parts to mesh, I don't know. What I do know is thsi hoofball with the intent to win second possession with a high press is way too easily turned, we're too narrow, the movement non existant at times, that's not the players it's the manager! We could have added a 20 goal striker, a left back and a couple of depth peices but IMO the results would be the same.



See, can't leave it....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Marsch Out

Post by Jaydog »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:20 pm Typical Yank? Just f**k off with that bullshit. How about he's just not been good enough? Or do you really need to include your anti-Americanism in there.
If it wasn’t for our “yanks” Adams & Aaronson we’d be even more screwed. Jesse is just not the best manager in the world, irrelevant where he comes from. And anyway scousers are way more f**king annoying
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79101
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Marsch Out

Post by The Subhuman »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:20 pm Typical Yank? Just f**k off with that bullshit. How about he's just not been good enough? Or do you really need to include your anti-Americanism in there.
Well responded.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
March712
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon May 02, 2022 4:22 pm

Re: Marsch Out

Post by March712 »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:24 pm Marsch looked haggard in the post-match tonight, and defeated on the touchline during the game instead of being his usual ebullient self.

Maybe he knows something we don’t.
He is no fool, I am sure he is very clearly aware of what we all know; it is only a matter of timing now.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23144
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Jesse Marsch post Leicester

Post by SG90 »

Does he actually talk like that or do words get cut out?

I disagree that we expected to be in a better position. When we refused to sign a striker and LB, I knew we'd be in trouble.
Post Reply