Jesse Marsch
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41709
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Jesse Marsch pre Leicester
Marsch's here - team news
Adam's coming back and feeling good. Stuart still injured and Archie Gray. Pascal picked up small issue and won't be available. Hopefully available by Sunday.
Situation
Goals help you command the game more, not having enough leads. Have to stay strong in our belief and work. If we keep developing eventually we will be successful. It's hard. Have to stay positive on the next match and do everything to fight for every point.
Difficulty in staying positive?
They typically follow the leaders in the club. Good connection with people like the board and the players like Coops and Luke. I try to get their feedback sometimes, but reinforce messages. Important in how we all react to things. Those two men are as strong and as committed as ever.
Leicester surprise?
Yes, they’re better than bottom. Still score goals and definitely given away too much, but going there and knowing they got a good result before with a chance to gather momentum, we have to expect a big performance.
Technical area behaviour?
Glad I’m not in that discussion this time. None of us are proud when we have to be more emotional than we’d like. We all respect referees and want to see them treated fairly. Try to have dialogue and support the refs when they have had a good job.
Firpo straight swap? Gnonto and Gelhardt?
Junior will start and he will be erady, patiently waiting. Excited for him to get his chance to show he’s ready. Willy will be with us and Joffy and Sam. Double duty.
Positive feedback from the players?
Appreciate Marc says that. A few have been positive publicly. Everyone fully committed and the belief level is really high. Less to do with where we are in the table. Need that validation to know we are doing the right work. I know that based on my experiences. You can’t focus too much on results, but they do help breed positivity.
Frequency of players coming to you with role changes?
Big tenet of my leadership is ownership for the players. Allow them to give their opinions. When I make decisions maybe against how a player feels, if they know what the process is and believe in the way I treat them, they can even be satisfied and commit even if they don’t agree. Brenden came first and I told him to go to Jack. Then they both came to me.
Sympathy for Rodgers?
Brendan is experienced. Don't know him that well, but had some interaction. Good person, always seems friendly, generous with his time. Coached at big clubs and had big success along the way. None of us sleep very well when we're not performing the way we want. That's the misery of this job, the shared misery. No doubt he will be successful in the future
Bamford thinking on his past finishes or not at all?
That's all goal socrers think about. Challening Patrick to be the striker we need. Said for a couple of weeks now he is a part of the solution. When they are nto getting chances it's more concerning than when they miss chances. He's getting chances in bunches. Talent is so high it's only time until he scores.
How does Ayling get back in?
Not what we needs to do, more just being ready. In a career, the way this works you never know what the next moment looks like. I don't need to tell hom that. He's experienced and mature with how he deals with these things. I bring him and Coops up because they were the most secure, sure leaders I have been around. Don't know how else toa ckowledge how fortunate to have him in our group. He will be ready when called upon and he will make a case for himself.
How to focus on the big picture with the players?
Always pressure and attention on this coub, this league. I know the responsibility I have. Group project, but I don't want them to feel extra pressure that we need a result right now. It's do the little things, more preparation, focus a little harder. That's the only way I know how to get it moving with the momentum becoming powerful. Believe we are really close and on the cusp of that happening.
Firpo?
I have heard criticisms, but since I have been here he has only tried his best to adapt to be the best player for me. His passing and technical ability is among the best in our team. Tactical awareness is keen and if he can continue to add aggression he can become a real two-way player. At left-back, there's not many in the world right now. With Junior, I am trying to develop him into the big player he can become. His commitment is a high level even when PAscal has been playing so well. He will be ready tomorrow night, I am sure.
Adam's coming back and feeling good. Stuart still injured and Archie Gray. Pascal picked up small issue and won't be available. Hopefully available by Sunday.
Situation
Goals help you command the game more, not having enough leads. Have to stay strong in our belief and work. If we keep developing eventually we will be successful. It's hard. Have to stay positive on the next match and do everything to fight for every point.
Difficulty in staying positive?
They typically follow the leaders in the club. Good connection with people like the board and the players like Coops and Luke. I try to get their feedback sometimes, but reinforce messages. Important in how we all react to things. Those two men are as strong and as committed as ever.
Leicester surprise?
Yes, they’re better than bottom. Still score goals and definitely given away too much, but going there and knowing they got a good result before with a chance to gather momentum, we have to expect a big performance.
Technical area behaviour?
Glad I’m not in that discussion this time. None of us are proud when we have to be more emotional than we’d like. We all respect referees and want to see them treated fairly. Try to have dialogue and support the refs when they have had a good job.
Firpo straight swap? Gnonto and Gelhardt?
Junior will start and he will be erady, patiently waiting. Excited for him to get his chance to show he’s ready. Willy will be with us and Joffy and Sam. Double duty.
Positive feedback from the players?
Appreciate Marc says that. A few have been positive publicly. Everyone fully committed and the belief level is really high. Less to do with where we are in the table. Need that validation to know we are doing the right work. I know that based on my experiences. You can’t focus too much on results, but they do help breed positivity.
Frequency of players coming to you with role changes?
Big tenet of my leadership is ownership for the players. Allow them to give their opinions. When I make decisions maybe against how a player feels, if they know what the process is and believe in the way I treat them, they can even be satisfied and commit even if they don’t agree. Brenden came first and I told him to go to Jack. Then they both came to me.
Sympathy for Rodgers?
Brendan is experienced. Don't know him that well, but had some interaction. Good person, always seems friendly, generous with his time. Coached at big clubs and had big success along the way. None of us sleep very well when we're not performing the way we want. That's the misery of this job, the shared misery. No doubt he will be successful in the future
Bamford thinking on his past finishes or not at all?
That's all goal socrers think about. Challening Patrick to be the striker we need. Said for a couple of weeks now he is a part of the solution. When they are nto getting chances it's more concerning than when they miss chances. He's getting chances in bunches. Talent is so high it's only time until he scores.
How does Ayling get back in?
Not what we needs to do, more just being ready. In a career, the way this works you never know what the next moment looks like. I don't need to tell hom that. He's experienced and mature with how he deals with these things. I bring him and Coops up because they were the most secure, sure leaders I have been around. Don't know how else toa ckowledge how fortunate to have him in our group. He will be ready when called upon and he will make a case for himself.
How to focus on the big picture with the players?
Always pressure and attention on this coub, this league. I know the responsibility I have. Group project, but I don't want them to feel extra pressure that we need a result right now. It's do the little things, more preparation, focus a little harder. That's the only way I know how to get it moving with the momentum becoming powerful. Believe we are really close and on the cusp of that happening.
Firpo?
I have heard criticisms, but since I have been here he has only tried his best to adapt to be the best player for me. His passing and technical ability is among the best in our team. Tactical awareness is keen and if he can continue to add aggression he can become a real two-way player. At left-back, there's not many in the world right now. With Junior, I am trying to develop him into the big player he can become. His commitment is a high level even when PAscal has been playing so well. He will be ready tomorrow night, I am sure.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41709
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Jesse Marsch pre Leicester
As you were injury wise except Struijk out now.
Support for Bamford
Praise for Ayling and Cooper's leadership.
Praise for Brenden Rodgers.
Staying positive.
Support for Firpo.
Gnonto and Gelhardt will be in the squad.
Support for Bamford
Praise for Ayling and Cooper's leadership.
Praise for Brenden Rodgers.
Staying positive.
Support for Firpo.
Gnonto and Gelhardt will be in the squad.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- BlackHillsPaul
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 4517
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
- Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Jesse Marsch
Football/Futbol/Soccer
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Jesse Marsch
Just bumped it to make it easier for me as I was merging all the Jesse Marsch threads that had built up, Paul.
- Bally
- First Team

- Posts: 1705
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm
Marsch Out
Wrong appointment in the first place
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Marsch Out
I think so, he probably needed 3/4 seasons in the lower leagues to get ready for the prem. 2 or 3 good games in his time here? And one of those he reverted to the 2 winger fast break press of Bielsa to get a result.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23132
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Marsch Out
I'd rather the three stooges went first
-
Mick Jones shoulder
- Manager

- Posts: 2911
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm
Re: Marsch Out
A season and half has been poor, an apparent world class coach could do nothing how do we expect JM to do anything. The board have a lot to answer for.....
- Scoobychief
- Manager

- Posts: 3687
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm
Re: Marsch Out
Yeah Marsh followed by Radzs and Orta and Kinear
-
danhirons
- Manager

- Posts: 3881
- Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm
Re: Marsch Out
Still early days in terms of the season but 2 points from the last 7 games (5 or 6 of which we really should have got at least some points out of) is extremely poor and an upturn in results seems unlikely
-
Overman
- Manager

- Posts: 3324
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm
Re: Marsch Out
Yes, king tosser and his sycophants need to go, but that's unlikely to happen. All the bullshit Radz came out about potential buyers lining up to buy the club. I wish the smug little twat would sell up rather than stagnating the club. I do agree that Marsch does need to go, it's not going to get any better with him at the helm.
-
danhirons
- Manager

- Posts: 3881
- Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm
Re: Marsch Out
Needs to go but feel a bit sorry for him. Destined to fail I think with the lack of strengthening over the summer but saying tactically it just hasn't worked out consistently, only flashes
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23132
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Marsch Out
He's always been full of s**t since day one, but sadly our fans are too gullible and lap it all it up.Overman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:07 pm Yes, king tosser and his sycophants need to go, but that's unlikely to happen. All the bullshit Radz came out about potential buyers lining up to buy the club. I wish the smug little twat would sell up rather than stagnating the club. I do agree that Marsch does need to go, it's not going to get any better with him at the helm.
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23132
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
-
Overman
- Manager

- Posts: 3324
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41709
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41709
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Marsch Out
Shouldn't go unnoticed that Orta was 100% in on Marsch.
Had studied him for months and was definitely his man.
You have to question a DOF who chooses a manager whose very style negates width to replace a manager who loved width and whose squad was geared towards it.
Marsch isn't the answer but he should never have been the answer.
No big manager will touch us with a bargepole either.
Had studied him for months and was definitely his man.
You have to question a DOF who chooses a manager whose very style negates width to replace a manager who loved width and whose squad was geared towards it.
Marsch isn't the answer but he should never have been the answer.
No big manager will touch us with a bargepole either.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Rook
- First Team

- Posts: 1513
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm
Re: Marsch Out
I'd have him back first time tomorrow morning.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
- Bally
- First Team

- Posts: 1705
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 pm
Re: Marsch Out
Name one Player under March whose improved?