General Chat - Barlow Boy's new dog, Luna

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:43 am Our cats didn't give a s**t about fireworks or thunder... we never had to worry about keeping them in, Lewis would often sit on the table outside watching happily or indifferently which for a cat is the same thing. Seven rarely went out but would blissfully sleep through any racket without flinching
Seven is a cool name for a cat. I don't remember my cats being too bothered in the past, but friends with dogs say they suffer. I expect cats are just better at dealing with stuff.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:50 pm
Used to pick mushrooms when I was an art student. It was fun for a while. Never bought or sold drugs apart from tobacco and alcohol.

If Rainy was my first love then I'd have fallen for my own animus. It's my username on Waccoe.
hector

Post by hector »

SaraM wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:53 pm Used to pick mushrooms when I was an art student. It was fun for a while. Never bought or sold drugs apart from tobacco and alcohol.

If Rainy was my first love then I'd have fallen for my own animus. It's my username on Waccoe.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:49 pm Seven is a cool name for a cat. I don't remember my cats being too bothered in the past, but friends with dogs say they suffer. I expect cats are just better at dealing with stuff.
Sandi named Seven after Seven of Nine (Star Trek), but she was also my 7th cat. I named Lewis for Robbie Lewis (Morse) as I do a passable Morse saying Lewis in that disdainful way he did
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:26 pm Sandi named Seven after Seven of Nine (Star Trek), but she was also my 7th cat. I named Lewis for Robbie Lewis (Morse) as I do a passable Morse saying Lewis in that disdainful way he did
Ah, wondered if it was after the Fincher film. Yes, I can hear Morse saying that!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm One year scan clear after op to remove bowel cancer. Holiday in Fuertaventura next week will be extra nice 🥳🥳
Congratulations Vinny, so happy for you

Enjoy your holiday in the Canary Islands.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:45 pm Comments like this really put me off forums.

Maybe it’s just Kenny’s humour. Still, who cares if it hurts. It seems not to certain people.
Yeah, i don't appeal to all pal, very few in fact.

Don't let me put you off and i apologise profusely it wasn't meant to offend or indeed hurt.

Congrats on your year and here's to hoping it never returns :beers:

DON'T FCKING DRINK THAT !!!

Just jesting, all the best.

Ps

I tend to look at life as a box of chocolates.
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Hey !

Where's The Oerman, i'd have thought you'd have bailed in on me ?

You never usually miss an opportunity like that, slacking a bit aren't ya.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:25 am Yeah, i don't appeal to all pal, very few in fact.

Don't let me put you off and i apologise profusely it wasn't meant to offend or indeed hurt.

Congrats on your year and here's to hoping it never returns :beers:

DON'T FCKING DRINK THAT !!!

Just jesting, all the best.

Ps

I tend to look at life as a box of chocolates.
Apology accepted. We move on.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Anyway where were we until some prick started upsetting folk as per....
If you don't find that funny, you'll never understand me.

I've only to see the smiles on their faces and it sets me off,lol

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Is it LSD in magic mushrooms?
Had those once. Made time go very slowly. Like this forum. And we kept laughing at people in a pub where it wasn’t really safe to laugh at people.
Cutting a tree down with a shovel. Impressive
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Psilocybin is the psychedelic compound in magic mushrooms that causes the "trip". There's an excellent 4 part series on Netflix called "How to Change Your Mind" that looks at the use of various psychedelic drugs in psychotherapy and also palliative care. Worth a squint if you're at all interested in that sort of thing
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:49 am Psilocybin is the psychedelic compound in magic mushrooms that causes the "trip". There's an excellent 4 part series on Netflix called "How to Change Your Mind" that looks at the use of various psychedelic drugs in psychotherapy and also palliative care. Worth a squint if you're at all interested in that sort of thing
If it helps with PTSD & depression then dish some out for Sunday. Hopefully not needed
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

English Mustard or American Mustard.

Which one is the best?
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Rook wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:47 pm English Mustard or American Mustard.

Which one is the best?
English with a pork pie, American with a hot dog imo.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:18 am If it helps with PTSD & depression then dish some out for Sunday. Hopefully not needed
Have faith, my friend!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

SaraM wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:22 pm English with a pork pie, American with a hot dog imo.
:tup:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:46 pm Have faith, my friend!
You might want some if Llorente & Firpo occupy the left. Know what I mean 😜
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:49 am Psilocybin is the psychedelic compound in magic mushrooms that causes the "trip". There's an excellent 4 part series on Netflix called "How to Change Your Mind" that looks at the use of various psychedelic drugs in psychotherapy and also palliative care. Worth a squint if you're at all interested in that sort of thing
Seen it.

The movie highlights the different effects on each.

They should be used, controlled, not everyone reacts the same to any drug, alcohol for example can be compared to any....some will relax, some will get violent, some will sing, etc etc etc...... and some will go into a shell and not know what to do...

It's the same with any drug that alters your state of mind.

Mushrooms : Good for some.

Acid : Good for some.

Ganja : Good for some.

Wine : Good for some.

Every single one of us will have something that agrees with us and something that doesn't.

Moderation is the key, it's just a matter of finding the balance.

Must dash. :oops:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:18 am If it helps with PTSD & depression then dish some out for Sunday. Hopefully not needed
I actually suffer from depression and it's comments like this above that don't help and seemingly make it so trivial to you.

Have you ever actually suffered from depression and thought of taking your own life ?

;@)