Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread - Post match discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Leeds Utd v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread

Post by Clitheroe White »

Assuming the midfield and attack aren’t meddled with then I can see a solid win. We’ve got too much in attack for most teams to handle.

Plymouth are without their top scorer which will hinder.

Plymouth fan saying they need to subdue the crowd. Let’s make it wild in ER!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:33 am Think the first goal is key.

If we get it early I think we would control the game and pick them off like Huddersfield.

If they get it we will get a bit more desperate, crowd get edgy and they have the goals in the team to give us problems.

We are phenomenally inconsistent as we know hence why we are so far off the top 2.
And why dya think that is ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:33 am Think the first goal is key.

If we get it early I think we would control the game and pick them off like Huddersfield.

If they get it we will get a bit more desperate, crowd get edgy and they have the goals in the team to give us problems.

We are phenomenally inconsistent as we know hence why we are so far off the top 2.
There is not doubt that if we score first, it generally makes the game an easier watch as we have the players and tactical approach to dominant most teams in this league.

Our consistency this season is not necessarily the inability to create chances, it is our ability to convert them. If we go behind and miss a few chances I agree the crowd will get edgy. However, having said that I have more confidence in this Farke team to make a comeback. I am also not adverse to watching edgy nerve shredding performances, as long as we are generally playing well
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hopefully I'll get some decent pictures for the LUFC photo thread, which not many of our members take any notice of :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:33 am We are phenomenally inconsistent as we know hence why we are so far off the top 2.
There are reasons for our three defeats & draws, Cjay.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

I think 'Penomenally inconsistent' is not quite true

We all know why we got off to a rocky start and if we hadn't, and if Bamford had converted that penalty, we would be up there neck and neck with Ipswich.

We can't expect to be winning every game.

Along with Leicester, we are the only teams with 12 points from the last 4 games.

If we were PHENOMENALLY inconsistent, we would be mid table.

It remains to be seen how we cope with players out.

Today will tell us something without Struijk.
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:06 am And why dya think that is ?
Because the mantle of Geronimo has fallen heavily on his shoulders🤭🥴
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:04 am Because the mantle of Geronimo has fallen heavily on his shoulders🤭🥴
Should Sioux him! :roflmao:
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

He's not Apache on Geronimo
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:58 am I think 'Penomenally inconsistent' is not quite true

We all know why we got off to a rocky start and if we hadn't, and if Bamford had converted that penalty, we would be up there neck and neck with Ipswich.

We can't expect to be winning every game.

Along with Leicester, we are the only teams with 12 points from the last 4 games.

If we were PHENOMENALLY inconsistent, we would be mid table.

It remains to be seen how we cope with players out.

Today will tell us something without Struijk.
Spot on :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier
Gray
Byram
Ampadu
Rodon
Cooper
Summerville
Kamara
Piroe
Geo
James

Darlow
Hjelde
Ayling
Gruev
Gnonto
Fernandez
Anthony
Bamford
Shackleton?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

But I hope he doesn't pawnee his soul away to the dark side
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

If you look at league positions it should be a comfortable win but they've actually scored one more than we have so they're decent up top. Defensively they look a bit suspect though having conceded 25 in 15 games.
Anything less than a win will be disappointing.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

God love Cjay, he likes to over exaggerate some of his thinking to try and make a point. This week its " Phenomenally inconsistent" the other week it was our manager is " Traumatised " from his spell at Norwich.
He does on occasions post some good stuff though :) :tup:
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

GreennWhite wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:42 am God love Cjay, he likes to over exaggerate some of his thinking to try and make a point. This week its " Phenomenally inconsistent" the other week it was our manager is " Traumatised " from his spell at Norwich.
He does on occasions post some good stuff though :) :tup:
BLESS HIM :)
hector

Post by hector »

maybe he learnt his journalistic skills at "The Daily Sport" :mrgreen:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:58 am There are reasons for our three defeats & draws, Cjay.
Precisely Sidney dear chap.

We found our best team performance and probably best team (i'm waiting to see what Spence and PB might add or improve) versus Leicester, to me it was by far our most complete game and a true test v the leaders, Huddersfield game obviously comes close but jeez they were shite, we did make them look terrible yes, but they were terrible.

There are reasons for sure, and they're quite alarming really and a warning to the owners.

Forget the start and the first few games, there too many reasons for those performances and results, but the blitzkrieg approach from Soton set alarm bells ringing and a lesson to DF with his approach to such, we came out better in the 2nd half, which shows he can alter things, but the biggest lesson was the Rodon benching and playing Pascal LCH, it was a mare.

I understand and like the fact he kept the team that did Watford previous but it did backfire, but doing it showed if you come in and cease your chance you'll get rewarded, so there are reasons for the Soton defeat, that could possibly be in our own hands for, and it doesn't mean they're a lot better than us, although they do worry me if we finish in a play off spot.

The Stoke defeat - Ok it shouldn't have been one really if PB scores the pen, but even besides that and more worrying, was how much different we looked by changing 3 players, 2 of whom appeared on paper 'like for like' really, but i'm not slaughtering them, coz Anthony came up against a RB that to me was motm, so Jimmy might have also struggled had he played.

Gnonto was the other, now if anything i was expecting DJ to have been worried about losing his spot if Gnonto played out of his skin, but Gnonto was pretty shite and looked disinterested, so that's another reason - Was he sulking and half/hearted, or was he just off that day and not up to speed, either way it needs watching, but if i was the manager i think i'd know which one it was for sure, and if it was disinterest, then he'd need sorting, one way or the other.

I think we've found our best team v Leicester, all over the park. And coz of our lack of depth and quality we are certainly not as good if it's tampered with, so the obvious thing to watch today is the Rodon/ ? / Bygum partnerships and how it goes, and if we look a shambles at the back, watch out for the reasons why and what DF tries to do about it.

I don't for 1 minute think the 49er's will spot these types of things, so it's some fckers job to point them out, and not a clowns job.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:41 am If you look at league positions it should be a comfortable win but they've actually scored one more than we have so they're decent up top. Defensively they look a bit suspect though having conceded 25 in 15 games.
Anything less than a win will be disappointing.
Marcus Whittaker is their danger man & top goalscorer with 7 goals, however Plymouth have Hardie & Mumba missing due to injuries, those two have scored 9 goals between them.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

In saying all of that, i do think DF has seen all of that as well, and is aware of it.

At least i hope he is.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:00 am Marcus Whittaker is their danger man & top goalscorer with 7 goals, however Plymouth have Hardie & Mumba missing due to injuries, those two have scored 9 goals between them.
Going off their forum i think Plymouth will try and play, most want their manager to play 3 at the back and not 4, i hope they do too.

;@)