Wolves 2-4 Leeds Utd - No sight of MENTAL after the Wolves game!!!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread - McKennie & Gnonto in for Adams & Summerville

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I wish someone could learn to take a free kick from just outside the box. Two today within about 5 minutes in the first half and both posing no threat at all, each just skied well over the bar, one by Roca and one by Bamford - such an anticlimax!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds Utd Match Thread - McKennie & Gnonto in for Adams & Summerville

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:06 pm I wish someone could learn to take a free kick from just outside the box. Two today within about 5 minutes in the first half and both posing no threat at all, each just skied well over the bar, one by Roca and one by Bamford - such an anticlimax!
It just shows the lack of technical quality in our squad. Lots of hustlers. But no top quality. Harrison has a touch of quality. He's our most quality player. But he's not a Rolls Royce. I don't think Leicester envisaged him replacing James Maddison in dead ball situations.

This squad does need to add a little more quality as/if we consolidate our place in the premier league.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:15 pm It just shows the lack of technical quality in our squad. Lots of hustlers. But no top quality. Harrison has a touch of quality. He's our most quality player. But he's not a Rolls Royce. I don't think Leicester envisaged him replacing James Maddison in dead ball situations.

This squad does need to add a little more quality as/if we consolidate our place in the premier league.
Not for me, it shows we lack a world class FK taker which you need to be to get the ball up over the wall and down quick enough to hit the target... Most players can't do it, Greenwood is the closest. We probably need to work on alternatives to the shot at goal from those positions
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:06 pm I wish someone could learn to take a free kick from just outside the box. Two today within about 5 minutes in the first half and both posing no threat at all, each just skied well over the bar, one by Roca and one by Bamford - such an anticlimax!
Unusual for Paddy to take a free-kick.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

And there's more.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:35 pm And there's more.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it. Especially the quote “blame VAR…”. Welcome to our world son :lol: :lol: :lol:
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white

Re: Wolves 2-4 Leeds Utd - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

Ayling, just about to attempt another brilliant somersault again at Wolves :lol:

Screenshot 2023-03-18 21.05.46.png
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:40 pm Was it Joe?

9 substitutions
2 sending-offs
Ayling injury.
Well, one of those sending offs was during stoppage prior to my comment. The subs were pretty rapid/fluid. The Ayling injury justified more than 4 minutes, but 7 is just such a long time. Maybe I’m getting more cantankerous in my older age and am harkening back to the days where 2-3 minutes were the norm. I also had a rooting interest in the game ending as soon as possible ;-)
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

SG90 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:33 pm Worked out in our favour inadvertently. An extra goal on the GD and Wolves lose a key player for 3 games. :)
Absolutely! As I mentioned to Leon, I think I was chomping at the bit for it to end as soon as possible.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Table looking better!

Screenshot 2023-03-18 21.33.16.png
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:38 pm Table looking better!

Screenshot 2023-03-18 21.33.16.png
It does in terms of position, but it’s incredibly tight.

I don’t see us getting much at Arsenal, so it’ll be all change again after that game.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:35 pm Well, one of those sending offs was during stoppage prior to my comment. The subs were pretty rapid/fluid. The Ayling injury justified more than 4 minutes, but 7 is just such a long time. Maybe I’m getting more cantankerous in my older age and am harkening back to the days where 2-3 minutes were the norm. I also had a rooting interest in the game ending as soon as possible ;-)
Officially, referees add-on a minimum of 30 seconds for each substitution so that accounts for four & half of the seven minutes added-on-time.

I noticed the referee added on two minutes in the first-half, Harrison was down longer than the allocated time.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:40 pm It does in terms of position, but it’s incredibly tight.

I don’t see us getting much at Arsenal, so it’ll be all change again after that game.
I have no doubt we'll take a drop after the Arsenal game.

Hopefully we'll rise up the table after our three consecutive home games.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:09 pm The commentators were so anti Leeds it was unbelievable, probably every sentence was about the wolves penalty appeal, the. They were absolutely desperate for the 4th to be chalked off.
I know…was saying the same thing earlier. Their disbelief at Roca’s supposed “tug” on Traore’s shirt preceding Rodrigo’s goal was a bit much for me. If that would’ve been called a foul, that should be the end of any goals allowed during a set piece ever again (only penalties or ruling the play dead would be the only possible outcomes). The partial commentary was too much…
Last edited by JoeDenver on Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:51 pm like for like .. Roca for me isn't a DMF
I agree. But I’m wondering what his ideal position is in the PL. I’m wondering if he’s just not PL standard. Arguably our worst player today (and had a perfect assist for Wolves off Meslier’s clearance)
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

I think it’s great that refs are adding on more time. It started at the WC. In Qatar, once players knew that all their time wasting was to no avail, the feigned injuries decreased dramatically.

The ones that really annoy me is when in injury time a keeper gets booked for time wasting yet no more time is added on.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'll actually watch Match of the Day shortly.

Meanwhile here is a taster of what's to come....

JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

White Riot wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:46 pm They're doing better than that fookin Joey Slye has done for Washington :roll:
That was a good reference. Slye is absolutely horrible as a FG kicker!