Leeds United v West Ham Utd - Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd V West Ham Utd Match Thread

Post by Leeds1000 »

hector wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:22 pm A mate of mine has a son who is an officer in the army.... he is in charge of most of the troops doing the mass testing..

It seems the scousers do not want to be told to do it.... the guys are sat around all day every day waiting to get busy....
I had heard that myself Hector. Apparently the R was starting to drop/level off before Liverpool was chose for mass testing.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds United v West Ham Utd - Match Thread

Post by Fridge »

Interesting stat... fair play Coops

becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Ok my take on this is:- We didn't play particularly well tonight, yes in spells we did, good passing etc and then not so good. Since the Leicester game when Pablo was subbed we have won one game out of 5. Pablo was subbed during the Leicester game for Roberts and apparently kicked a water bottle and threw his armband to the floor which was retrospectively noticed by Bielsa!! Pablo has not played since.... Tonight was the first time he featured on the bench. We needed a bit of magic, some wizardry, Pablo was available, nope, Bielsa chose Roberts! Am I reading too much into this? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Main mistakes tonight - not starting with Struijk and bringing on Costa instead of Poveda
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:35 pm Main mistakes tonight - not starting with Struijk and bringing on Costa instead of Poveda
100% agreed here

Ayling at CB has been alright in the past but did not work at all tonight.

Costa had a poor game. Poveda should have been the one.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:29 pm We need Rodrigo to start

Where is Rodrigo

What is the point of only bringing Rodrigo late in the game

Rodrigo plays and we lose

Drop Rodrigo

Get rid of Rodrigo

Rodri must go
He just needs time to adjust Harry. He has only had 2? Starts. He will come good I'm sure. We have been so unlucky with our two new defenders being injured as well....Come on Rod :)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:29 pm We need Rodrigo to start

Where is Rodrigo

What is the point of only bringing Rodrigo late in the game

Rodrigo plays and we lose

Drop Rodrigo

Get rid of Rodrigo

Rodri must go

Rodrigo is definitely class. He pushes further forward though, which leaves Klich with a LOT to do. And I'm not sure Klich is quite on his game at the moment.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:35 pm ...bringing on Costa instead of Poveda

Hernandez ;-)
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:37 pm He just needs time to adjust Harry. He has only had 2? Starts. He will come good I'm sure. We have been so unlucky with our two new defenders being injured as well....Come on Rod :)
Been calling for Rodrigo to start, looked really good in previous games.

He was awful tonight though swan. Really really awful.

I have got faith that it was probably just one bad game and on balance should probably still start against Newcastle, if only for lack of a decent alternative.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:37 pm He just needs time to adjust Harry. He has only had 2? Starts. He will come good I'm sure. We have been so unlucky with our two new defenders being injured as well....Come on Rod :)
Exactly, he wasn't bad anyway.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:34 pm Ok my take on this is:- We didn't play particularly well tonight, yes in spells we did, good passing etc and then not so good. Since the Leicester game when Pablo was subbed we have won one game out of 5. Pablo was subbed during the Leicester game for Roberts and apparently kicked a water bottle and threw his armband to the floor which was retrospectively noticed by Bielsa!! Pablo has not played since.... Tonight was the first time he featured on the bench. We needed a bit of magic, some wizardry, Pablo was available, nope, Bielsa chose Roberts! Am I reading too much into this? :bear:
Sadly not :(

MB bringing on Roberts was telling.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 pm Rodrigo is definitely class. He pushes further forward though, which leaves Klich with a LOT to do. And I'm not sure Klich is quite on his game at the moment.
He also works hard to win the ball back. Obviously he isn't as good defensively as Dallas in that position, but he doesn't shirk his responsibility.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Fridge wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:39 pm Been calling for Rodrigo to start, looked really good in previous games.

He was awful tonight though swan. Really really awful.

I have got faith that it was probably just one bad game and on balance should probably still start against Newcastle, if only for lack of a decent alternative.
It does take time to adjust though fridge....so many players off their game tonight didnt help him
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cumbriarents »

Gutted with the result but when you look at the recent results of west ham they have been very good.

We are still only a newly promoted side it was always going to be tough. It was only two weeks ago we were fantastic against Everton.

Have the faith we will come good again. Maybe against the scum would be nice :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:35 pm Main mistakes tonight - not starting with Struijk and bringing on Costa instead of Poveda
fully agree.

Said it in Pre match thread, id have started Poveda.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:43 pm It does take time to adjust though fridge....so many players off their game tonight didnt help him
I agree that he didn’t get much of a look in. Reason I say he was so bad is because he has looked excellent in previous games.

He is clearly a great quality player so I still have faith :strong:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Cumbriarents wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:44 pm Gutted with the result but when you look at the recent results of west ham they have been very good.

We are still only a newly promoted side it was always going to be tough. It was only two weeks ago we were fantastic against Everton.

Exactly, West Ham have the potentially toughest start to the season (based on last year's final placings) and are going very well and developing under Moyes.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

It's obviously personal with Pablo. Why else would you bring on Roberts who's done nothing all season ahead of him?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cumbriarents wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:44 pm Gutted with the result but when you look at the recent results of west ham they have been very good.

Welcome to MOT Cumbriarents

Good first post :)
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Cjay wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:42 pm Sadly not :(

MB bringing on Roberts was telling.
Meaning Bielsa will continue to hold a grudge against Pablo??

Hope not. Roberts is f***ing shite. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.