Leeds Utd v Man City - MATCH THREAD

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Man City - MATCH THREAD

Post by 60sUnited »

What a display, like most after the first 15 -20 minutes I just couldn't see us getting in their half !! And as for being interested in Dan James on that performance Poveda is a class above him, so don't bother.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:18 pm My thoughts are:-

We started very hesitantly, a little shy even, we seemed a bit over awed by the Man City team. We stood back, allowed them space etc. About 15 minutes in I said we need Roberts off and Rodders on. We go one nil down and then it's half time. I'm surprised that coming on after the half time break it's Poveda for Alioski, the surprise is that Alio is coming off rather than Roberts. Thankfully, Roberts is subbed and Rodders comes on. Poveda and Rodders both make huge changes to the team and the performance and we see Bielsa ball once again. Klich looks a little fatigued and we have Davis on. We get a draw but I sincerely think that if we had started Rodders then we would have had a win :bear:
:tup: ... excellent summary BB my thoughts exactly...
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

We started very hesitantly, a little shy even, we seemed a bit over awed by the Man City team. We stood back, allowed them space etc. About 15 minutes in I said we need Roberts off and Rodders on. We go one nil down and then it's half time. I'm surprised that coming on after the half time break it's Poveda for Alioski, the surprise is that Alio is coming off rather than Roberts. Thankfully, Roberts is subbed and Rodders comes on. Poveda and Rodders both make huge changes to the team and the performance and we see Bielsa ball once again. Klich looks a little fatigued and we have Davis on. We get a draw but I sincerely think that if we had started Rodders then we would have had a win :bear:

Only thoughts really are that maybe Poveda and Rodders aren't up to 90 mins at that intensity yet and better to have them play most of the second half when they can do the damage.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:18 pm You know mate, when I was serving, I was in predominantly a "scouse" mob (recruiting area) but a lot of Manchester lads also.. pretty well split between scum and citeh... and I always found the citeh supporters way worse than the scum ones (which is hard to do)... they hate Leeds with a passion... basicly because they are scared of us... When Leeds v Liddypool played I could sit amongst all the scouse lads and it was brilliant ... Neverton supporters much like citeh ones... Hate Leeds with a passion ... loved it :lol:
Very strange Smudge

Some of hatred born out of jealousy I guess!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:23 pm Only thoughts really are that maybe Poveda and Rodders aren't up to 90 mins at that intensity yet and better to have them play most of the second half when they can do the damage.
Rodrigo is still a couple of games away from being match fit, while Poveda will be an option coming off the bench.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:25 pm Rodrigo is still a couple of games away from being match fit, while Poveda will be an option coming off the bench.

Thought Poveda was great, quick, skilfull, perhaps needs a big more strength
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:23 pm Only thoughts really are that maybe Poveda and Rodders aren't up to 90 mins at that intensity yet and better to have them play most of the second half when they can do the damage.
I bet Rodrigo will start v Portugal next Wednesday :spa:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:08 pm I recall reading a 90 page topic on Leeds when we were in the championship :shock:

They weren't very complementary to us then.

No change on the Blue Moon site :geek:
It's interesting, all those years we were in the PL and Man City was never a big game. Now that they have a sugar daddy, they're supposed to be our cup final? :duno:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Perfect summary BB, I just thought we afforded them too much respect first 20 and then realised we could actually compete.

Tyler wasn’t aggressive enough first half, he should have been wasting the likes of Mendy coming through our midfield but is better when we’re attacking.

I was disappointed at half time that Poveda came on - what a performance against his old club - and Rodrigo didn’t, but IBWT.

I thought Davis did well against diver Sterling when he came on, still young and raw but what a story to tell the Leeds grandchildren.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:57 pm Today's game finally convinced me, we do need a permanent #10 to replace Pablo... Too much pressure on Kalvin.
Thought the same. At times we didn’t have an out, and especially one that would force them back on their heels.

Overall an excellent performance that deserved the point we got. Very proud of how we grew back into the game. There’s great spirit and belief in this team. Very proud of them today! Still hard to believe how far we’ve travelled.

I wonder where Orta was today? :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fit enough to start for Spain but not for Leeds

It's like the Pablo scenario all over again, we start with inferior types over our class players

We may as well concede the first-half :shock:

Koch came straight into the team as did White last season however our flair players have to sit it out for weeks/months :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

A 90 page thread about us? :lol:

That reminds me of that Brighton "deluded Leeds fans" thread. Must be about 1000 pages by now? 8-) :)
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:27 pm I bet Rodrigo will start v Portugal next Wednesday :spa:

I watched Spain v Germany

Absolute snooze fest, we play with far more intensity than either of those two teams
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:33 pm Perfect summary BB, I just thought we afforded them too much respect first 20 and then realised we could actually compete.

Tyler wasn’t aggressive enough first half, he should have been wasting the likes of Mendy coming through our midfield but is better when we’re attacking.

I was disappointed at half time that Poveda came on - what a performance against his old club - and Rodrigo didn’t, but IBWT.

I thought Davis did well against diver Sterling when he came on, still young and raw but what a story to tell the Leeds grandchildren.
Always rated young Davis, I was touting him up for a good career two seasons ago, injuries have hindered his progress!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just seen the Dan James link is from "Football Insider". :roll: Thankfully we can ignore it then. :tup:
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Koch looked solid again :| :lol:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:46 pm Koch looked solid again :| :lol:
It's a hard Koch life
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

I have to admit that Koch was immense today.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Citehs starting 11 cost £570.4M in transfer fees. :shock:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Rodrigo and poveda really excited me tonight, what bloody potential we have in this squad, Costa looks like a different player too.
Meslier once again looking so assured, the whole back four immense, with Koch looking like he is going to be absolute class,
We looked good all over the pitch, Alioski was the only player I felt struggled, Roberts wasn’t bad, it’s just Rodrigo was so good when he came on, add in a ten behind him and we will be such a quality team, Bielsa won’t be thinking about staying up, I can’t see many teams that are stronger than us, if we can keep a fit squad, I can’t see fatigue being a problem for us over the season as this squad is hardened by the championship no reason we cant go top 6
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..