Leeds United v Hull City - MATCH THREAD - Bielsa makes eleven changes

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Hull City - MATCH THREAD - Bielsa makes eleven changes

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:54 pm So do I, excellent well reasoned post..
Maybe a reasoned post & some of you maybe quite content with the circumstances, doesn't take way that performance was a unacceptable shambles.

Only good thing to come out of that game was how average some of our squad are, a wake up call for Bielsa & Orta, I suspect they are just as shocked as many of our fans.

Marcelo can seriously start planning for the future now sifting out the deadwood, there's enough there to start a bonfire on the 5th November :fire:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:32 pm Brentford aren't league one.
What I'm saying is don't get wrapped up in the current media love in. We are decent but nowhere as good as is we are being portrayed imo. (The squad as a whole)
That's probably true Mjs.

Performances and results will illustrate how good we are.

A good performance at Anfield doesn't make us World Club Champions.

I'm still positive that we'll do well this season and could even finish as high as third

But if Bielsa puts out a team like that in the FA Cup third round, then I definitely won't be watching it.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

I concur once again, don't see us relegated but not quite so confident as 3rd :) :) :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:45 pm Maybe a reasoned post & some of you maybe quite content with the circumstances, doesn't take way that performance was a unacceptable shambles.

Only good thing to come out of that game was how average some of our squad are, a wake up call for Bielsa & Orta, I suspect they are just as shocked as many of our fans.

Marcelo can seriously start planning for the future now sifting out the deadwood, there's enough there to start a bonfire on the 5th November :fire:
Agreed 👍

But let's not wait til bonfire night to get the fire going.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:52 pm Agreed 👍

But let's not wait til bonfire night to get the fire going.
We do seem to go about our business very slowly, has always been the case, at least we have got it right to a certain degree over the last couple of years

Grayson use to always say we have "irons in the fire", truth was we had none or they had no benefit to us whatsoever!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:31 am

Grayson use to always say we have "irons in the fire", truth was we had none or they had no benefit to us whatsoever!
Makes me shudder reading that 64. Always, always "irons in the fire" which always amounted to absolutely nothing or absolutely unacceptable standard of player
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Larry was too occupied dipping his wick elsewhere whilst Uncle Ken was ripping out the heart of our club
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:31 am We do seem to go about our business very slowly, has always been the case, at least we have got it right to a certain degree over the last couple of years

I think irons in the fire in those days equalled Ken Bares is gonna flog Becchio, Howson, Snodgrass, etc whether you or I like it or not.

Thank God we got that parasite Bates out of our club.

I still haven't forgiven Lorimer for being Bates puppet then for the prices of a few pints = shameless.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

White Riot wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:25 pm I think irons in the fire in those days equalled Ken Bares is gonna flog Becchio, Howson, Snodgrass, etc whether you or I like it or not.
I thought irons in the fire was what Tiger Woods wife did after she's heard he'd been cheating on her
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:32 pm I thought irons in the fire was what Tiger Woods wife did after she's heard he'd been cheating on her
Get in the hooooolllllllleeee
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Its no coincidence that Man City have won this cup 5 out of the last 7 seasons. The reserves cup is pointless. Even the top 10 teams in the Championship tend to give it a miss these days. The whole idea of the cups is the trip to Wembley for the fans and that isn't happening anytime soon, well in the numbers to make a great atmosphere anyway.

I didn't see the game but it sounds like our reserves are no match for Hull never mind City.