Leeds v Birmingham - Team/News/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Birmingham - Team/News/Reports/Ratings...

Post by 1964white »

Gino 1959 wrote:It was galling to watch highlights of the Hull game on FLS and see the pace in attack - the speed of Simpson and Aluko was frightening at times - plus they had Koren creatively pulling the strings in MF.

We sounded laboured yesterday all over the pitch and one of our biggest weapons is gone - no team fears coming to ER nowadays.

And - like his predecessor - Colin seems to have no understanding of substitutions.
Yes very galling Gino but the Codheads have spent good money to bring in the likes of the classy pacy Aluko, a big pacy striker in Simpson & the guile of Koren...my good friend from Sussex was moaning to me on the phone about how well Cardiff are performing...told him the Bluebirds had spent £10m on the likes of Bellamy, Smith, Noone & another (whose name eludes me right now) to add to the fire-power of their top goalscorer Whittingham in the summer
Until we are in a position where we can compete with the other championship clubs what we have is what you see...Riot will tell me different but quality costs money & that is the main reason why there are 8 or 9 teams above us in this league SIMPLE !
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

1964white wrote:Kenny - 6
Lees - 3
Pearce - 6
Peltier - 5
Pugh - 5
Byram - 6
Norris - 5
Austin - 3
Tonge - 3
Becchio - 3
Diouf - 5

No need to add anymore...enough said !
I agree with most. But I would give Austin 5, lees 4 , Diouf 6 as he played much better in the second half and becchio :-0 but at least it's keeping is weight down having a little run about on a weekend
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bakerjamessteven wrote: I agree with most. But I would give Austin 5, lees 4 , Diouf 6 as he played much better in the second half and becchio :-0 but at least it's keeping is weight down having a little run about on a weekend
I'd be ticked off i had given El Hadji a 6 Bakerboy...one of few players in the squad who can control a football & looks comfortable with the ball at his feet :shock:
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Yes very galling Gino but the Codheads have spent good money to bring in the likes of the classy pacy Aluko, a big pacy striker in Simpson & the guile of Koren...my good friend from Sussex was moaning to me on the phone about how well Cardiff are performing...told him the Bluebirds had spent £10m on the likes of Bellamy, Smith, Noone & another (whose name eludes me right now) to add to the fire-power of their top goalscorer Whittingham in the summer
Until we are in a position where we can compete with the other championship clubs what we have is what you see...Riot will tell me different but quality costs money & that is the main reason why there are 8 or 9 teams above us in this league SIMPLE !
Why would I tell you different? You get what you pay for but there is a different way to use what little money we may or may or not have. I don't envy Hull or Cardiff like you guys, I don't give two hoots about 'em or anyone else for that matter. I care about LUFC and how we play. I realise my views are somehow unique but there you are. Poor manager for lufc, poor football, poor loans out, poor signings, poor poor pitiful me. Recruit players who were relegated and the likely hood is . . . . . Diouf is part of the problem. On the ball all the time. Slow. Others use him as a Kop out. They take no responsibility. The players lack the bottle to keep the ball and to take responsibility. We don't have a single player who runs with the ball (possibly Byram) although we do have one out on loan. All our eggs are now in Hall's basket. Apologies for running yet another thread.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
Why would I tell you different? You get what you pay for but there is a different way to use what little money we may or may or not have. I don't envy Hull or Cardiff like you guys, I don't give two hoots about 'em or anyone else for that matter. I care about LUFC and how we play. I realise my views are somehow unique but there you are. Poor manager for lufc, poor football, poor loans out, poor signings, poor poor pitiful me. Recruit players who were relegated and the likely hood is . . . . . apologies for ruining yet another thread. Diouf is part of the problem. On the ball all the time. Slow. Others use him as a Kop out. They take no responsibility. The players lack the bottle to keep the ball and to take responsibility. We don't have a single player who runs with the ball (possibly Byram) although we do have one out on loan. All our eggs are now in Hall's basket.
I agree with most of what you say but if we had quality players around Diouf his class would prevail, as it is he has a bunch of stragglers with no movement/pace with no bottle, consequently El Hadji's skills are wasted
You said to me yesterday you have no interest in the other championship teams...well i do, believe me the teams above us have more quality than we have in our squad all bought i hasten to add...you can only provide quality with the tools you have. Larry was very fortunate to inherit the likes of Howson, Beckford, Snodgrass & also make the very good signing of Gradel to add to those three...Warnock hasn't inherited that previlage as he had to sell assets to rebuild the team.
You also pointed out the difference between the Birmingham frontmen to our sluggish lot...unfortunately our fans could only sing ugly songs about Marlon King (that probably inspired him) rather than sing about our own club...btw Lita, King, Burke, Zigic, Loverkranzs offer a much stronger forward line to Clark than the attacking options Warnock has atm....unfortunately that statistic applies to the majority of the teams we face due to the financial restraints at our club, we've had to make do with second best since all the genuine talent have been sold on :(
Last edited by 1964white on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

white.riot wrote:
Unlike Warnock to be petty :roflmao:

Anyone remember the battle Bramhall Lane (blunts v baggies) - that's our manager.
No. Pray do remind us again... :roll: ;-)
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
I agree with most of what you say but if we had quality players around Diouf his class would prevail, as it is he has a bunch of stragglers with no movement/pace with no bottle, consequently El Hadji's skills are wasted
You said to me yesterday you have no interest in the other championship teams...well i do, believe me the teams above us have more quality than we have in our squad all bought i hasten to add...you can only provide quality with the tools you have. Larry was very fortunate to inherit the likes of Howson, Beckford, Snodgrass & also make the very good signing of Gradel to add to those three...Warnock hasn't inherited that previlage as he had to sell assets to rebuild the team.
You also pointed out the difference between the Birmingham frontmen to our sluggish lot...unfortunately our fans could only sing ugly songs about Marlon King (that probably inspired him) rather than sing about our own club...btw Lita, King, Burke, Zigic, Loverkranzs offer a much stronger forward line to Clark than the attacking options Warnock has atm....unfortunately that statistic applies to the majority of the teams we face due to the financial restraints at our club, we've had to make do with second best since all the genuine talent have been sold on :(
Didn't Diouf have decent players around him at Donny and they dropped? Didn't Diouf have decent players around him at Liverpool when he had the scoring record of Billy Paynter? Anyway top and bottom of it is you and most posters want promotion at any price. I don't, I want to see my team playing well and if promotion follows all well and good. I'm beyond win at all costs. Fighting relegation in the Prem with Warnock's old boys holds no attraction for me.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
No. Pray do remind us again... :roll: ;-)
Hello Tony.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
Didn't Diouf have decent players around him at Donny and they dropped? Didn't Diouf have decent players around him at Liverpool when he had the scoring record of Billy Paynter? Anyway top and bottom of it is you and most posters want promotion at any price. I don't, I want to see my team playing well and if promotion follows all well and good. I'm beyond win at all costs. Fighting relegation in the Prem with Warnock's old boys holds no attraction for me.
Get the facts right Riot...Donny went down because Sean O'Driscoll left them to be replaced with Dean Saunders who had no say in the players he worked with as Donny were run by football agents which was always a recipe for disaster
I also have the same values, i want to be entertained & watch decent football, not alot to ask for as a paying customer.
I don't wish to see my team struggling at the foot of the prem too...we have to be ready for the lofty heights of the prem & right now we are a million miles away, better off building a decent championship first...it's no good running before you can walk !
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

I take everyones point in relation to Warnock but sack him and replace him with who? Who is out there that we can afford that is capable of the job of getting Leeds back where they belong? I dont think anyone could get us promoted given the resources we have at the moment. We have no money and thus have no way to improve our squad... Its all well and good saying we need change but i for one would love to ask... change to what?
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Get the facts right Riot...Donny went down because Sean O'Driscoll left them to be replaced with Dean Saunders who had no say in the players he worked with as Donny were run by football agents which was always a recipe for disaster
I also have the same values, i want to be entertained & watch decent football, not alot to ask for as a paying customer.
I don't wish to see my team struggling at the foot of the prem too...we have to be ready for the lofty heights of the prem & right now we are a million miles away, better off building a decent championship first...it's no good running before you can walk !
Donny bought quality I understand? What is Diouf actually doing playing in the champs just out of interest, at his age? We are gonna have to differ on the values thing, you wanted Colin (with a passion which is waning I detect). Nothing he does meets my requirements (from the way he plays, the way he builds his teams, the signing of Diouf and so on). I've slipped into neutral, letting the old engine tick over until he is replaced. Hopefully he brings you and others everything you hope for.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

The battle of the walking sticks 64 v riot, come on who got the bus pass first... Lol;-) :-);-):-)

Only joking lads, great to see a friendly debate happing on here for a change.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:I take everyones point in relation to Warnock but sack him and replace him with who? Who is out there that we can afford that is capable of the job of getting Leeds back where they belong? I dont think anyone could get us promoted given the resources we have at the moment. We have no money and thus have no way to improve our squad... Its all well and good saying we need change but i for one would love to ask... change to what?
Ken hasn't got it right in the past with his recruitments !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
Donny bought quality I understand? What is Diouf actually doing playing in the champs just out of interest, at his age? We are gonna have to differ on the values thing, you wanted Colin (with a passion which is waning I detect). Nothing he does meets my requirements (from the way he plays, the way he builds his teams, the signing of Diouf and so on). I've slipped into neutral, letting the old engine tick over until he is replaced. Hopefully he brings you and others everything you hope for.
Yes they bought quality but they didnt have time to gel as the players were only at the Keepmoat for five minutes, they rotated their squad more than a combine harvester
Btw i have my reservations whether Warnock brings success to Leeds altough he has had little assistance from above...other clubs around us have had backing from their chairman & directors
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:
Ken hasn't got it right in the past with his recruitments !
His biggest weakness - he's not alone mindst, most chairman are searching for the chosen one but few find him. All of his choices made some sense and in Larry he did get it right without finding the bloke we really need. If I was asked to find the next manager I'd start by doing a whole bundle of research. I would talk to Fergie at one end of the scale and Gradi at the other (amongst others). I would talk to the FA to see who had impressed at coaching courses. I would look behind the man in the dug out to the assistants and so on. I would take time to get it right while the fans were on my back to make a quick decision. The manager is the single most important appointment at any club. Bates is incredibly decisive but I'm not entirely convinced he has enough knowledge these days. He had a good track record at Chelsea from memory?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ps Riot...I wish you wouldn't argue with me about the Championship mate...you openly tell me you have no interest in other clubs & have little knowledge on the players :lol: remember what i said to you as soon as Chris Burke came on :P within a minute he ran past three of our players & created a good chance for Brum that we were fortunate to scramble away
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:Ps Riot...I wish you wouldn't argue with me about the Championship mate...you openly tell me you have no interest in other clubs & have little knowledge on the players :lol: remember what i said to you as soon as Chris Burke came on :P within a minute he ran past three of our players & created a good chance for Brum that we were fortunate to scramble away
Donny's approach was all over the papers/radio. Impossible to miss what was going on. And I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm posting my opinion despite being warned off by 'the true fan crew'.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

white.riot wrote:
His biggest weakness - he's not alone mindst, most chairman are searching for the chosen one but few find him. All of his choices made some sense and in Larry he did get it right without finding the bloke we really need. If I was asked to find the next manager I'd start by doing a whole bundle of research. I would talk to Fergie at one end of the scale and Gradi at the other (amongst others). I would talk to the FA to see who had impressed at coaching courses. I would look behind the man in the dug out to the assistants and so on. I would take time to get it right while the fans were on my back to make a quick decision. The manager is the single most important appointment at any club. Bates is incredibly decisive but I'm not entirely convinced he has enough knowledge these days. He had a good track record at Chelsea from memory?
He had 9 permanent managers in his 21 years at Chelsea:

John Neal 1982 - 85
John Hollins 1985 - 88
Bobby Campbell 1988 - 91
Ian Porrterfield 1991 - 93
David Webb Feb 93 - Jun 93
Glenn Hoddle 1993 - 96
Ruud Gullit 1996 - 98
Gianluca Vialli 1998 - 2000
(Graham Rix caretaker for 2 matches)
Claudio Ranieri 2000 - 2004, by which time Bates had sold out.

Not sure how many of those you would call successes.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bakerjamessteven wrote:The battle of the walking sticks 64 v riot, come on who got the bus pass first... Lol;-) :-);-):-)

Only joking lads, great to see a friendly debate happing on here for a change.
Behave Bakerboy :wink: i'm first in the queue for the bus pass by a couple of months :-D if you still have a good mop of hair/your own teeth/young fresh look by the time you reach my maturing years you'll be a lucky Baker old man :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
Donny's approach was all over the papers/radio. Impossible to miss what was going on. And I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm posting my opinion despite being warned off by 'the true fan crew'.
You have to admit not a good ploy to run a football club mate