Leeds v Huddersfield - Anymore MOTM for this game ???

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Huddersfield - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by HarryofOz »

Great tonic
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

HarryofOz wrote:Great tonic
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

BTW - WTF was Austin doing to Ross, after his 3rd goal? Just sort of threw Ross on the floor??? :shock:
Or just a try out? :mrgreen:

drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Twiggster wrote:BTW - WTF was Austin doing to Ross, after his 3rd goal? Just sort of threw Ross on the floor??? :shock:
Or just a try out? :mrgreen:

Love the pic :roflmao:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Well after the previous 24 hours don't think anybody expected what they saw yesterday firstly a car on fire in the west stand car park a goal down then coming back to a storming win.Lets face it in the 1st half we were dire and could have easy been 2 down before Ross saved the game just before half-time.What will happen next who knows if I knew that I would be winning the lottery every week all I know is it sets us up for 4 away games which will see us fans clocking up some mileage and a lot lighter in the pocket.
Kenny 5 Not a lot to do maybe should have saved the shot for the goal
Byram 6 Got caught out a lot in the 1st half
Lees 4 Some woeful clearences at times
Pearce 6 better performance
Warnock 5 For the 1st fifteen minutes had a shocker but settled
Murphy 8 Ran the midfield
Austin 6 Very wormanlike
Mowatt 6 Took his goal well but not involved for long periods
Kebe 7 His best game by far
Stewart 4 Bad mistake for their goal
McCormack 10 Captain fantastic
Subs
Tonge 2 Not on long enough
Brown 2 As above
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Wonder if B Mc would have been gettin booed at 0-1, and us playing sh*e, if circumstances had not been as they were and he was managing the side as per the norm.
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by USA LEE »

The trouble with Brian - I don't get feeling he s in control of team. Seems a nice guy . With today's players you need fire them up . Sorry to say I don't get it with Brian.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

USA LEE wrote:The trouble with Brian - I don't get feeling he s in control of team. Seems a nice guy . With today's players you need fire them up . Sorry to say I don't get it with Brian.
The trouble with Brian is he ha integrity. No room for that in today's football
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Ross looks too happy in that pic with Rodi :wink:
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Guildford White wrote:
The trouble with Brian is he ha integrity. No room for that in today's football
don't mean to be offensive but that attitude belongs in an age a long long time ago, the world has moved on a pace when words like loyaly, intergrity, fair play, etc etc were relevant, you have to get over it, all this 'after you Claude' mentality is only going to get you trampled on. Ask any Man City fan which era they prefer and you will find it is present day, not the cosy days of division 3....
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Leeds v Huddersfield - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Dr.Leeds »

After the previous 24 hours there was no way to predict how this game was going to go. Like a lot of Leeds fans I had been awake late into the night watching the insanity unfold so I could imagine the players must have had a broken night too. The Dog Botherers were going to be fired up for this game anyway and if there was any sign that Leeds United heads were down they would smell blood, or at least, their girlfriends would... On the other hand there was a chance Leeds could come out and play with the sort of indignant fury that was only seen in the stands at Rochdale and Hillsborough.

Of course you didn't have to wait to get into the ground to see some indignant fury. Ignoring rumours of a car ablaze in the West Stand car park I headed to the East Stand entrance to join the protests there. Songs alternated between the pro McDermott and anti-GFH/Cellino while a heavy police presence kept a respectful distance.

Once inside it was clear there was more than one chill wind blowing though Elland Road. I regretted my decision not to wear any club merchandise for the day as this meant I had left my hat at home. The team line-up did little to warm us too. The promising 4-4-2 of the Leicester game was gone with the Varney rebellion. Ross up front on his own hasn't worked well in the past and Kebe and Stewart had yet to prove themselves capable of pulling off
a Graysonesque 4-3-3 with the ball / 4-5-1 without the ball.

Fears were briefly allayed by a bright opening ten minutes but we failed to make any clear chances and slowly Huddersfield took control. Fast, confident, accurate short passing opened us up and first the post, and later crucial challenges by Byram and Kebe in the box kept the game scoreless. It wasn't to last as Ward got time to shoot and arrowed an angled drive past Kenny. Their dominance continued too and Wells could easily have added to their lead but for losing his head when one on one and one superb point blank save from Kenny. Just before half time though we started to get back into the game, first rattling the bar and then Kebe challenged for a Byram ball into the six yard box and McCormack was first to get studs to the ball for a crucially timed equaliser.

That seemed to galvanise the team and we started the second half on the front foot. Kebe, already having his best game thus far in a Leeds shirt made a driving run towards the box where a clever backheel from Ross put him through and he finished beautifully. Soon after Stewart was finding space down the left too and drew enough defenders to give the ball to Austin who had time to pick out the on rushing Sam Byram who laid one on a plate for McCormack. Their momentum gone Huddersfield folded. First Stewart again getting into the box to put in a low ball for McCormack who lashed across the goal and in off the inside of the far post. The final indignity coming when Smithies rushed out for a high ball under pressure from McCormack but merely poleaxed his own player. The ball fell to Mowatt who calmly lifted a half volley over everyone and into an empty net. In truth, we could have had more.

Kenny 7 Several good, and one stunning, saves when under pressure in the first half.

Byram 9 Incredible challenge in the box in the first half and a few crucial interceptions. Got to show his attacking prowess in the second with a fine assist.

Lees 7 Both he and Pearce lacked composure in the first half and too many balls were lumped into the roof of the West Stand.

Pearce 7

Warnock 6 A largely anonymous game after his MOM performance against Leicester. Did little going forward even when we were well on top in the second half.

Kebe 8 Finally we are seeing what Kebe can do. Glided past players and is developing a genuine understanding with Byram and McCormack. System suited him very well.

Murphy 7 Chased shadows in the first half and did little of quality with the ball. Better second half.

Mowatt 7.5 Similar game to Murphy but elevated by a cool finish for a long awaited first goal.

Austin 8 Did what he does well. Ran and harried and Huddersfield would have dominated even more in the first half if not for him.

Stewart 7 Some nice touches. A good assist for McCormack's third. Also coming out of his shell.

McCormack 10 More than just a hat trick but a true captain's performance. Never stops running. Never stops trying. Played well for the team and took his chances well.

Fans 10. This could so easily have been an ugly demonstration of fan anger but, while there were anti-GFH/Cellino songs the crowd was behind the team all the way.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dr.Leeds wrote:After the previous 24 hours there was no way to predict how this game was going to go. Like a lot of Leeds fans I had been awake late into the night watching the insanity unfold so I could imagine the players must have had a broken night too. The Dog Botherers were going to be fired up for this game anyway and if there was any sign that Leeds United heads were down they would smell blood, or at least, their girlfriends would... On the other hand there was a chance Leeds could come out and play with the sort of indignant fury that was only seen in the stands at Rochdale and Hillsborough.

Of course you didn't have to wait to get into the ground to see some indignant fury. Ignoring rumours of a car ablaze in the West Stand car park I headed to the East Stand entrance to join the protests there. Songs alternated between the pro McDermott and anti-GFH/Cellino while a heavy police presence kept a respectful distance.

Once inside it was clear there was more than one chill wind blowing though Elland Road. I regretted my decision not to wear any club merchandise for the day as this meant I had left my hat at home. The team line-up did little to warm us too. The promising 4-4-2 of the Leicester game was gone with the Varney rebellion. Ross up front on his own hasn't worked well in the past and Kebe and Stewart had yet to prove themselves capable of pulling off

Fears were briefly allayed by a bright opening ten minutes but we failed to make any clear chances and slowly Huddersfield took control. Fast, confident, accurate short passing opened us up and first the post, and later crucial challenges by Byram and Kebe in the box kept the game scoreless. It wasn't to last as Ward got time to shoot and arrowed an angled drive past Kenny. Their dominance continued too and Wells could easily have added to their lead but for losing his head when one on one and one superb point blank save from Kenny. Just before half time though we started to get back into the game, first rattling the bar and then Kebe challenged for a Byram ball into the six yard box and McCormack was first to get studs to the ball for a crucially timed equaliser.

That seemed to galvanise the team and we started the second half on the front foot. Kebe, already having his best game thus far in a Leeds shirt made a driving run towards the box where a clever backheel from Ross put him through and he finished beautifully. Soon after Stewart was finding space down the left too and drew enough defenders to give the ball to Austin who had time to pick out the on rushing Sam Byram who laid one on a plate for McCormack. Their momentum gone Huddersfield folded. First Stewart again getting into the box to put in a low ball for McCormack who lashed across the goal and in off the inside of the far post. The final indignity coming when Smithies rushed out for a high ball under pressure from McCormack but merely poleaxed his own player. The ball fell to Mowatt who calmly lifted a half volley over everyone and into an empty net. In truth, we could have had more.

Kenny 7 Several good, and one stunning, saves when under pressure in the first half.

Byram 9 Incredible challenge in the box in the first half and a few crucial interceptions. Got to show his attacking prowess in the second with a fine assist.

Lees 7 Both he and Pearce lacked composure in the first half and too many balls were lumped into the roof of the West Stand.

Pearce 7

Warnock 6 A largely anonymous game after his MOM performance against Leicester. Did little going forward even when we were well on top in the second half.

Kebe 8 Finally we are seeing what Kebe can do. Glided past players and is developing a genuine understanding with Byram and McCormack. System suited him very well.

Murphy 7 Chased shadows in the first half and did little of quality with the ball. Better second half.

Mowatt 7.5 Similar game to Murphy but elevated by a cool finish for a long awaited first goal.

Austin 8 Did what he does well. Ran and harried and Huddersfield would have dominated even more in the first half if not for him.

Stewart 7 Some nice touches. A good assist for McCormack's third. Also coming out of his shell.

McCormack 10 More than just a hat trick but a true captain's performance. Never stops running. Never stops trying. Played well for the team and took his chances well.

Fans 10. This could so easily have been an ugly demonstration of fan anger but, while there were anti-GFH/Cellino songs the crowd was behind the team all the way.
Sadly missed missed the game so your extensive report/ratings is very welcomed

Thanks Dr :tup:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Decent contingent of New York Whites flew over for the game :tup: Bet they wondered WTF was happening when they arrived into the Friday fiasco! :shock:
But they still had time to get their flag "fireproofed" ( :sing: ) and into the ground and by all accounts had a great time before and especially after the game! :lol:
Respect to them :tup:

leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Good report Dr :tup: , thanks
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Terrific report Dr. and thnks a lot great stuff . All made better with such a great second half and a Ross hat rick.
The fans must have been tremendous too.
I saw your player ratings and just wondered a little about Warnock and his Anonimity sometimes with Stephen i like that when he isn`t overworked and does become anonymous if you get my drift.
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Dr.Leeds wrote:After the previous 24 hours there was no way to predict how this game was going to go. Like a lot of Leeds fans I had been awake late into the night watching the insanity unfold so I could imagine the players must have had a broken night too. The Dog Botherers were going to be fired up for this game anyway and if there was any sign that Leeds United heads were down they would smell blood, or at least, their girlfriends would... On the other hand there was a chance Leeds could come out and play with the sort of indignant fury that was only seen in the stands at Rochdale and Hillsborough.

Pearce 7

Sorry mate but Lees a 7 :roll: do me a favour he was awful, again !!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

drsdadsotherson wrote:
Love the pic :roflmao:
Here's the original from the game - WTF, Rodi??? :shock:

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Ross' back heel flick for Kebe's goal - inspirational! :scarf2: :clap2:

Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Captain Fantastic! :tup:

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Huddersfield - Anymore MOTM for this game ???

Post by 1964white »

Anymore MOTM votes for this game ????

I have East Yorks, Dr Leeds & Pat's votes :? there must be more :shock: