Australian retailer reveals new Leeds United 2021-2022 home shirt

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

News Article Australian retailer reveals new Leeds United 2021-2022 home shirt

Post by YorkshireSquare »

It would seem the cat has let out of the bag with regards to Leeds United’s 2021-2022 hone shirt as Twitter user @asot138 posts images of the shirt hanging up in Rebel Sport’s Chadstone store in Melbourne, Australia. The shirt is complete with 2021-2022 labels so looks to the real deal. It’s not the first time Rebel have dropped new shirts before their official release date and store workers may now be frantically removing the shirts from the rails as the images go viral on social media. The official launch is expected to be any day soon with the players having returned to training on Wednesday with the new training range launched on the same day.

This is the second year Adidas have been kit supplier and the shirt has a similarly clean design to last seasons but as expected the accent colours used on the shoulder stripes has been changed from navy blue to yellow. The shirt is plain white with a buttoned collar, similar to that seen on the Portland Timbers 2021 away shirt. An echo back to the 2016-2017 Kappa shirt, 1993-1995 Asics number or even the classic Championship winning Umro shirt. The Adidas logo on the right chest is blue with a blue and yellow Leeds badge on the left chest. The SBOTOP logo is blue with yellow detail. White shorts and white socks with yellow detail complete the new 2021-2022 look in the classic all white Leeds United style.

It’s fair to say Adidas have hardly been innovative with the new home shirt, but what can you do with an all-white kit? It is sure to sell in numbers as every Leeds shirt does. Innovation comes with the away and third kits these days, and after poor early feedback on last season third kit, it has become somewhat of a cult classic. Mainly down to Raphinha, who wore it pretty well. According to Footy Headlines This seasons away shirt is rumoured to have a modern colour scheme combining a navy base with striking electricity yellow applications with the third choice shirt a bright shade of purple with white collar and blue detailing.

What do you think of this seasons new kits?

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: Australian retailer reveals new Leeds United 2021-2022 home shirt

Post by Ellandback1 »

I had a quick word with him.

He told me:-

meeks07
@asot138
·
53m
Replying to
@EllandBack1

On sale at a sports store in Australia where I live
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Looks a bit cheap to me , or like it's been worn and washed and left to dry but needs ironing ( something I avoid !) . Maybe it will grow on me , but it's a bit underwhelming , these things seem to be a rehash just with changed stripes colour .Not exactly imaginative and well below the Kappa standard still IMO . As for what can you do with an all white kit ..............I just look back on the Admiral stuff for idea's there , 40 years old and still a corker , home and away 😁. Look forward to the 2nd and 3rd kits out of curiosity .
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

IF that's the kit its the worst we've had for a long time IMO,not even a hint of blue which makes me think its not the new kit
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Don't like it at all. Looks like an old fashioned Grandad vest!
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Why would Adidas release something in Australia when it's not available in its main market ? Surely Adidas would be more professional than that . Maybe it's something from one of those Asian countries that do fake stuff , if this is the genuine shirt I would be very disappointed . Are other clubs with Adidas doing shirts of this style ie the neck thing ?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Bally wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:23 pm IF that's the kit its the worst we've had for a long time IMO,not even a hint of blue which makes me think its not the new kit

Looks like it's the one, from the Adidas website...

YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Clacton White wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:45 pm Why would Adidas release something in Australia when it's not available in its main market ? Surely Adidas would be more professional than that . Maybe it's something from one of those Asian countries that do fake stuff , if this is the genuine shirt I would be very disappointed . Are other clubs with Adidas doing shirts of this style ie the neck thing ?

Will be shipped around the globe ahead of release so it's on the shelves for launch. Store probably missed the note saying don't put it on the shelves until x date.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:39 pm Looks like it's the one, from the Adidas website...

This could be the first Leeds home top in years I really don't like especially the neck