A message from the players

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

A message from the players

Post by Irish Ian »

A MESSAGE FROM THE PLAYERS
A message from the players.

As the first team squad at Leeds United, we wanted to reach out to the fan base regarding yesterday’s game and subsequent posts on social media.

Firstly, the performance was not good enough. There is no other way to look at it and the only way to respond is on the pitch. Leeds fans travel up and down the country in huge numbers and deserve more than this.

What is just as concerning to us as a group, is the video online of us leaving the hotel. Words can’t express how sorry we are that the youngster in the video wearing the Leeds kit is not shown more love from the squad. On a matchday we do an activation walk, before and after this we stop for photos and autographs to ensure we interact with fans, but also that we are on time when leaving for games. However, there is no excuse for not acknowledging fans and if the parents of the fan wearing the Leeds kit in the video could make themselves known to us, we would be grateful.

We do not believe that this fight is over and we will keep going until the last ball is kicked this season. Thank you again for your support.

The club can be contacted at sloquestions@leedsunited.com

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... he-players
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: A message from the players

Post by The Subhuman »

It's not a very good message is it?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Hollow words. Don’t apologise for being a dick. Don’t be a dick in the first place.
Fight till the last ball is kicked. Ok then
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

It’s probably the least they could say and do to try and off set the terrible, but justified, publicity gained after that online video went viral.

By the way, like most fans, I think they do believe the fight is over. They are not good enough individually or as a team and the evidence of the last 4 games or so indicates the towel has already been thrown!
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:56 am A MESSAGE FROM THE PLAYERS
A message from the players.

As the first team squad at Leeds United, we wanted to reach out to the fan base regarding yesterday’s game and subsequent posts on social media.

Firstly, the performance was not good enough. There is no other way to look at it and the only way to respond is on the pitch. Leeds fans travel up and down the country in huge numbers and deserve more than this.

What is just as concerning to us as a group, is the video online of us leaving the hotel. Words can’t express how sorry we are that the youngster in the video wearing the Leeds kit is not shown more love from the squad. On a matchday we do an activation walk, before and after this we stop for photos and autographs to ensure we interact with fans, but also that we are on time when leaving for games. However, there is no excuse for not acknowledging fans and if the parents of the fan wearing the Leeds kit in the video could make themselves known to us, we would be grateful.

We do not believe that this fight is over and we will keep going until the last ball is kicked this season. Thank you again for your support.

The club can be contacted at sloquestions@leedsunited.com

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... he-players
Thanks for sharing this. They clearly got wind of all the negative pr doing the rounds. Right, I'm off for an activation walk to the pub.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Overman wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:12 pm Thanks for sharing this. They clearly got wind of all the negative pr doing the rounds. Right, I'm off for an activation walk to the pub.
Be sure to interact with your fans
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:13 pm Be sure to interact with your fans
That'll be Kenny then.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:04 pm Hollow words. Don’t apologise for being a dick. Don’t be a dick in the first place.
Fight till the last ball is kicked. Ok then
That is a pretty high standard to hold others too.
I hope you can live up to it yourself.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:14 pm That is a pretty high standard to hold others too.
I hope you can live up to it yourself.

Oh I’m sure I’m a dick sometimes.
But these overpaid pampered footballers are representing their club and it’s the absolute minimum expected that they should take some time away from their phones to chat with a youngster etc.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:25 pm Oh I’m sure I’m a dick sometimes.
But these overpaid pampered footballers are representing their club and it’s the absolute minimum expected that they should take some time away from their phones to chat with a youngster etc.
So its about money.

Move on
'
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

It sounds like those "apologies" you hear from politicians...

I really regret (being caught) and I'm so sorry (I was caught). I won't do it again (as in I'll make sure I won't be caught again)...
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

"Words can’t express how sorry we are that the youngster in the video wearing the Leeds kit is not shown more love from the squad"

They didn't even look up!!!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:30 pm So its about money.

Move on
Not really with you Ian. I’m saying they are very privileged and should remember where they came from.
Are you defending the behaviour of some players in completely ignoring fans. Young fans.
As a kid I went to loads of Opens (golf) and it was easy to get autographs and chat to players. Even the greats of the game. Sport has become very elitist generally speaking.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:34 pm Not really with you Ian. I’m saying they are very privileged and should remember where they came from.
Are you defending the behaviour of some players in completely ignoring fans. Young fans.
As a kid I went to loads of Opens (golf) and it was easy to get autographs and chat to players. Even the greats of the game. Sport has become very elitist generally speaking.
It is the pressure and the nature of the game these days. Players don’t really have to make a decision off the pitch everything is taken care of. As the first players ignore the fans the players following behind just blissfully follow suit. There is not a lot to smile about right now at the club and this lack of player interaction with fans is a symptom of the malaise. The club had to react to the this as the PR is dreadful - whatever they said would sound hollow to many.
This is not a club on the basis of what we are seeing on and off the pitch that looks up to the fight for me. Someone needs to get a grip of things at the club.
Hewin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hewin »

Should change that to “message from the Leeds PR department” because I’m willing to bet my right bollock not a single Leeds player knows of this message.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Mountain wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:33 pm It sounds like those "apologies" you hear from politicians...

I really regret (being caught) and I'm so sorry (I was caught). I won't do it again (as in I'll make sure I won't be caught again)...
:roflmao: :lol: :roflmao: :lol: So true!
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Hewin wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:01 pm Should change that to “message from the Leeds PR department” because I’m willing to bet my right bollock not a single Leeds player knows of this message.
I'd agree
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Hewin wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:01 pm Should change that to “message from the Leeds PR department” because I’m willing to bet my right bollock not a single Leeds player knows of this message.
They’ll know about it, but there’s zero chance any of them wrote it.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Only "sorry" cause they got caught :roll:

I wonder if they'll have the decency to reimburse the fans like Spurs did?! Of course not lol.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

The father of the lad in the video has put out pictures of Ayling, Forshaw, Javi and Harrison talking, shaking hands and signing autographs with his son.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello