The Leeds United States Of America, New dawn.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Success of Failure

Success
69%
Failure
31%

Total votes: 26

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The Leeds United States Of America, New dawn.

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:39 pm Cocky beggar :)
Realist
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:46 pmRealist
I do hope you are right. Believe me I want to be wrong about this coming season
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:24 pm We have an American manager and one American player and all of a sudden we’re “Leeds United States?”

Please.

If Aaronson were any other nationality would anyone be complaining about him? I think not.

Success for me is defined by improvement. Will we be significantly better this year than last? I am pretty certain we will be (assuming we sign two or three of the players being talked about). What that translates into in terms of the table I can’t say, but I do expect we’ll reach the end of April feeling comfortable about avoiding relegation.
Don't be a thick git, it's a tongue in cheek header, Berts first year was : Nearly promotion, then champions, then 9th first year Prem.

Our Chosen one is now a Yank that looks like he's gonna introduce Yankball and Yank players if he gets all his own way, we have Yank shareholders that could well be bidding to take full control, when do we consider ourselves Yank ? I'd say we're more than alfway there.

In what i've seen of Yanksystem it's sending bad shivers down my spine and filling with dread not confidence, Bert could mix it with the big boys on a shoestring when he had no problems, i fear big Jesse won't have a scoobie when his dick limps,Bert MADE his work by tinkering certain aspects like removing KP at halftime, do i think big Jesse can tinker with his dick, no i don't, do i think he has certain other tricks up his sleeve, time will tell.

I want success, i fear failure will happen.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:56 am You wanted an answer, Kenny, you got one.

Until I see the squad we start with & how the pre-season pans out, it's difficult to assess how successful/failure of a season we're in for.

If our pre-season is worse than last year, god help us as we will be relegated.

I did warn you all how bad we were (well not you Kenny as you wasn't on board then)
Chill pill required 64.

I just merely stated that you saying you think he will be a success is not sitting on the fence as you stated.

Every manager has a preferred style of play, they tinker a little, does Jesse have anything else in his locker if his dicks falls limp ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Success in that I think we will avoid relegation- if that can be defined as Success? But after last season it's a pretty low bar.
Don't think he's the guy for us long term though and will need to be replaced if we don't want to be flirting with relegation every season.
He's got a more pragmatic style which should make us hard to beat but I just don't see enough flair and goals in the team for us to really kick on.
All depends on whether the Raph and KP money can be spent wisely whether we can be mid table.
Would fking love a mid table finish and a good cup run!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Johnboy1965 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:52 pm Success in that I think we will avoid relegation- if that can be defined as Success? But after last season it's a pretty low bar.
Don't think he's the guy for us long term though and will need to be replaced if we don't want to be flirting with relegation every season.
He's got a more pragmatic style which should make us hard to beat but I just don't see enough flair and goals in the team for us to really kick on.
All depends on whether the Raph and KP money can be spent wisely whether we can be mid table.
Would fking love a mid table finish and a good cup run!
Teams that flirted with relegation last season, Norwich, Watford, Burnley, Everton, Aston Villa, Leeds, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Brentford, Newcastle

Around half the league every season will flirt with relegation....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:04 pm Teams that flirted with relegation last season, Norwich, Watford, Burnley, Everton, Aston Villa, Leeds, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Brentford, Newcastle

Around half the league every season will flirt with relegation....
Exactly! I want us to be consistantly in the half that doesn't ala Wolves, Leicester, Brighton.
A big ask after last season I know but as a club I think safe mid table with no real relegation worries is where realistically we need to be aiming for.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Last season one of our forum (sorry can’t remember who) advised us the board budgeted for 17th place and they got it spot on 😕. This year I haven’t seen the budget/position forecast so let’s hope they’ve gone for 16th cos 17th put the heebies up me. On that basis I think Jesse can do it, so it’s success for me (of sorts)
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:20 pm Last season one of our forum (sorry can’t remember who) advised us the board budgeted for 17th place and they got it spot on 😕. This year I haven’t seen the budget/position forecast so let’s hope they’ve gone for 16th cos 17th put the heebies up me. On that basis I think Jesse can do it, so it’s success for me (of sorts)
As long as we stay up, thats the main thing.
Nice to see thee back OB :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I have gone failure on the ownership. Judging on last season you would want solid investment from a partner. Lets see what the net spend is. (not sure if that is the right term) after player sales is what i am getting at.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:20 pm Last season one of our forum (sorry can’t remember who) advised us the board budgeted for 17th place and they got it spot on 😕. This year I haven’t seen the budget/position forecast so let’s hope they’ve gone for 16th cos 17th put the heebies up me. On that basis I think Jesse can do it, so it’s success for me (of sorts)
Welcome back OB :)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:24 pm As long as we stay up, thats the main thing.
Nice to see thee back OB :tup:
Its a sad reality tho Mental. How long before we really push on?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:47 pm Its a sad reality tho Mental. How long before we really push on?
Yea, we are all passionate about LUFC, but as you say 'it's a sad reality' and thats what we have to understand, although it's hard, every game, every single game I want us to win, I go into most games with optimism, even against the top 6, as we all know nothing is impossible in football, as long as we put a good shift in, that counts for a lot.
Push on !! Well, in all honesty, we ahve pushed on, the 1st year in PL was an anomoly really, a great run at the seasons end and there we were, it flattered us and spoilt us in equal measure.
We, myself included, have to realise we are a very small fish in a very big pond, it hurts, but it's really where our standing is.
I'll settle for staying up for the next 2 seasons, then hopefully becoming established, aiming for top 10 on a regular basis, getting in sufficient funds, and beating one or two of the big boys along the way :tup: :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:32 am Enlighten me again, i think i recall during the Wolves 2-0 down demolition prior to them going down to 10 men, that you said this is not the guy for the job.

So you in the failure camp ? Or waiting for hindsight as per ?
I bet you can't find 1 post of me saying things in hindsight that I can't prove I've said before the event :lol:

For your benefit.

I have serious doubts about the style of play as I don't like narrow attacking formations.

But we do seem to be buying players who fit the style.

Will wait to see who else we get in
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Rugby League thread has gone down the pan in your absence :rugby:

Welcome back, OB. :tup:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:35 pm
Our Chosen one is now a Yank that looks like he's gonna introduce Yankball
Not sure I care for the idea of "Yankeeball." Yeah I've lived in the USA for 20 years, but I still bleed white roses. It comes across a little short sighted, even xenophobic. It's like all those that complained there were too many foreign players - they don't play like we do. It's like those that complained there are too many foreign managers. Last English manager to win the league? We live in a different world now. Revie ball and Wilko ball had their time. But they wouldn't work today - Wilko ball was dead 1 year after he won the title. Even Bielsa ball was dead after 3 years at the club.

I'm open to something new. Let's see what Marsch can do with his own squad and a pre-season. If he's failing by November, I'll say that it didn't work. But I'm not going to dismiss it before we give him a chance. And if it works ...

Vamos Yankeeball Carajo
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll go with that, sounds about right and November is spot on for someone to save us from relegation.

Be ironic if it was Bert.

But the right decision. November it is then.

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

If we're in real trouble then you would imagine they'd replace the manager at the start of the world cup thing so as to give him a few weeks to train the players.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:47 pm The Rugby League thread has gone down the pan in your absence :rugby:

Welcome back, OB. :tup:
I was the only one posting Leon, getting no replies/discussion so it was pointless really

Plus Wakey are :poo: at the mo :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:08 pm I was the only one posting Leon, getting no replies/discussion so it was pointless really

Plus Wakey are :poo: at the mo :lol:
As are the Rhinos, Swannie.