Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Brenden Aaronson- DEAL CLOSE

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

No more La Liga players please - Rodrigo has been a Thomas Brolin type signing.
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:20 pm I'll offer two thoughts from the perspective of someone that follows MLS and the USA. First, Aaronson has shown the ability to raise his game each time the level has increased. From MLS to the UEFA Champion's League and with the USA. He featured in every single match during our World Cup Qualifying campaign when healthy. Many USA supporters think he has been better than Christian Pulisic. (They play the same position on the left for USA.) He can play wide and can also play the #10 position. Although I think he is better on the left. I have doubts that he is physical enough for the Premier League.

I think Harrison will be just fine in JM's system. Harrison thrived in Patrick Vieira's system at New York Citeh. He can and will adapt. And I think he is a Premier League level player. But he does need to stop giving the ball away...
Agree about him better than Pulisic for USMNT. Watched all the US matches in the CONCACAF finals and Aaronson was usually among the top three performers for the US if not at the top. Really stood out. Granted, the opponents aren't PL quality, but he is a talent and I think he can make the leap. Given his age and ability 30 million is a fair price.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:35 pm Really! He's f**king awful :lol:

Pope, Tarkowski, Taylor, Brownhill and Cornet are the best options
Burnley were s**t all season, why would we want 5/6 of their team. Cornet and Pope, I'd leave it there.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:49 pm Burnley were s**t all season, why would we want 5/6 of their team. Cornet and Pope, I'd leave it there.
Burnley have conceded fewer goals than eleven teams in the PL, they are 9th in in the PL table defensively, a ridiculous 26 goals less than Leeds!

Also, Burnley have conceded only 19 goals in their 12 games v Citeh, Manure, Liverpool Spurs Chelsea & Arsenal earning three draws & one vicrory v the top 6. No calamity defending there.

Burnley's problem is they've struggled to score goals.

Pope has been superb.
Outside the top four, Taylor is the best left-back in the PL.
Tarkowski is a no nonsense CB who gets the job done, tough as old boots. He is out of contract so we could get him on the cheap, he can't be that bad as both Newcastle & West Ham are showing interest in him.

We should move quickly rather than taking on chancers from abroad, truth is we won't, we'll miss the boat as we generally do!

They'll struggle to hold onto Cornet too, their only attacking option worth consideration.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

1964white wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:28 am Burnley have conceded fewer goals than eleven teams in the PL, they are 9th in in the PL table defensively, a ridiculous 26 goals less than Leeds!

Burnley's problem is they've struggled to score goals.

Pope has been superb.
Outside the top four, Taylor is the best left-back in the PL.
Tarkowski is a no nonsense CB who gets the job done, tough as old boots. He is out of contract so we could get him on the cheap, he can't be that bad as both Newcastle & West Ham are showing interest in him.
We should move quickly rather than taking on chancers from abroad.

They'll struggle to hold onto Cornet too, their only attacking option worth consideration.
Pope and have Taylor back. Agree on the Cb.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:34 am Pope and have Taylor back. Agree on the Cb.
Glad someone agrees, MJ :tup:
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

faaip wrote: Burnley were s**t all season, why would we want 5/6 of their team. Cornet and Pope, I'd leave it there.
Not at the back they weren't. Their problem was scoring too few goals.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:49 pm Burnley were s**t all season, why would we want 5/6 of their team. Cornet and Pope, I'd leave it there.
I don't want any, I just said those were the best options. Although I wouldn't say no to Tarkowski on a free.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:50 am I don't want any, I just said those were the best options. Although I wouldn't say no to Tarkowski on a free.
As a back up/depth? Maybe. Our defence could be very good with what we have if we had consistent selection.. Tarkowski looks a bit of a Jansson type, and I didn't think much of Pontus yesterday
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:56 am As a back up/depth? Maybe. Our defence could be very good with what we have if we had consistent selection.. Tarkowski looks a bit of a Jansson type, and I didn't think much of Pontus yesterday
Yeah and as a guidance for Cresswell too. I expect Llorente will probably leave this summer too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:59 am Yeah and as a guidance for Cresswell too. I expect Llorente will probably leave this summer too.
I think and hope Llorente stays... He's the best right sided CB at the club. That ball for Glehardt v Brighton tells us a lot of why MB/Orta bought him in...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:50 am I don't want any, I just said those were the best options. Although I wouldn't say no to Tarkowski on a free.
All three would give us squad depth. three of their best players this season along with Cornet.

If moneybags Newcastle are interested in Tarkowski he must have shown something in his locker, he's tough & a no nonsense CB, unlike our softies at the back. We need to toughen up without being reckless defensively.

Whoever signs the players I've mentioned will be making shrewd signings, something we need to do without breaking the bank.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Yesterday was like going into the river losing on the table holding an open ended flush opportunity, while Burnley showed full house possibilities, we hit on the river and Burnley were just bluffing ...

Burnley deserved to go down, awful bullying football..
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Brenden Aaronson- HAS ARRIVED FOR MEDICAL

Post by SG90 »

Glad to see we're getting our business done early for a change. Hope he isn't our only signing though.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:18 pm Glad to see we're getting our business done early for a change. Hope he isn't our only signing though.
My thoughts exactly SG. Hopefully more to come!
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Getting this done early is good news for all parties. Credit where it's due to the LUFC Board and Technical staff.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Erm...

Not sure how many read that Athletic article about Aaron.

While favourable it did drill down into his numbers.

If you are expecting a killer ball high assist AMF.

He aint it.

More of a box to box type but who cant tackle.

Just saying before August
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

faaip wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:18 am I think and hope Llorente stays... He's the best right sided CB at the club. That ball for Glehardt v Brighton tells us a lot of why MB/Orta bought him in...
I like Llorente, but for me he lacks physical presence and leadership qualities.

I hope Cresswell can replace him at some point.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

William wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:28 pm Erm...

Not sure how many read that Athletic article about Aaron.

While favourable it did drill down into his numbers.

If you are expecting a killer ball high assist AMF.

He aint it.

More of a box to box type but who cant tackle.

Just saying before August
I'm not sure how you got "Box to Box" out of that. He is definitely not that.
Football/Futbol/Soccer