RATE THE REF - Paul Tierney (Match 38: Brentford (A) - Sunday 22/05/22)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: RATE THE REF - Paul Tierney (Match 26: Man Utd (H) - Sunday 20/02/22)

Post by 1964white »

Probably the worst refereeing display of the season, as he hid his red shirt under his official kit.

1/10
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Didnt see much of the game but for the bits I did see 0.5....mainly for the unpunished assault on Koch. Disgraceful refereeing. Ive seen it about a half dozen times today and it still makes me so angry. Hope he is ashamed of himself when he sees it back!

Reminds me of the anger I felt when Raph was bulldozed by that City player Ronaldhino last season and no action taken :x
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

0/10
Disgraceful refereeing.
How come shaw and Mctominay can commit 9 fouls between them in the first half and escape punishmnent, 75 mins before Mctominay and a staggering 88mins on clock before shaw was booked and that was nothing to do with him.
These corrupt officials really need demoting.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1/10.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cowardly and inept.. McTominay allowed to get away with assault more than once... - 0
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:45 pm Didnt see much of the game but for the bits I did see 0.5....mainly for the unpunished assault on Koch. Disgraceful refereeing. Ive seen it about a half dozen times today and it still makes me so angry. Hope he is ashamed of himself when he sees it back!

Reminds me of the anger I felt when Raph was bulldozed by that City player Ronaldhino last season and no action taken :x
I'm changing my score. Didn't think I could put zero....but down from 0.5 to.....ZERO. Disgraceful refereeing. You know, I thought that once we got out of the Championship and got shot of the obvious bias towards us with so much inept refereeing, that things would improve....are the Premier League Refs worse?
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:08 am .are the Premier League Refs worse?
I think they are tbh
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Yesterday for the first time in a long time I watched a rugby union game. It was so refreshing to see the ref in total control, constantly telling the players the reason for his call and the players seemingly accepting his decision.
One team didn't retreat the required distance back and an immediate penalty awarded.
In football every team now has one or two players within a few yards of the ball at a free kick, (when it's not a shot at goal) and are immediately on the kicking team if they play it short. Abuse of the throw-in rules, arguing every call even when they are so obviously wrong and on and on.
I suppose that football is now the same as banking or insurance or industry. If the rules are not enforced and the participants are allowed to more or less do what they want then the whole thing disintegrates into an unruly mess.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I liked the fact that he tried to let the game go, taking into consideration the weather and the water on the pitch to let a few “stronger” tackles go which we all love to see - 8/10 but then.......

I’ve said it for years McTominey is a thug, a poor player if he was playing for Burnley he’d get booked most weeks and several red cards every season only cause he plays for the scum he gets away with it.

Shaw’s way of dealing with James was to constantly block him off, yea you let the first or even the second go but by the third he at least should get a warning the fourth definitely should be a booking.

I think Shaw commits another foul, let go Struijk then makes a clean tackle, got the ball not the man, foul given and the first yellow comes out.

McTominey or Shaw takes out Firpo there’s a crowd pushing and calling names, Raph is the last to arrive but because he looks angry (always does) he gets a yellow.

Game ends yellow 6 to Leeds 3 to Scum

End score 1/10
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

How can Ronalrape and Fernandive tell the ref how to run the game, all 96 minutes they were at him, like Beckenbaur used to with Munich, those days should be long gone, shame on the ref.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

On reflection I think the game was too big for him......couldn't handle it
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

whiteswan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:09 am On reflection I think the game was too big for him......couldn't handle it
Really ? He reffed us against scum at their place earlier this season, and again v Citeh, on both occasions he got good marks on here !

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

This is what a former ref has said regarding the incidents.

Weak.

Paul Tierney completed failed in his duty of keeping control, and let things get far too wild on Sunday afternoon.

The Manchester United players were embarrassing and consistently got in the officials’ ears whenever something happened.

As for McTominay, he nearly hit double figures for fouls and wasn’t even warned, never mind nearly sent off.

Consistency in the Premier League is becoming worst every week, and then we have Gallagher coming on Sky Sports days after and just agreeing with everything that happens.

It is a waste of a segment, and if he can’t see that McTominay deserved red, then why is he being asked?

Hackett was spot on, it was a simple red card and it should have been spotted, it wasn’t, so now we have to move on.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

velo wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:23 am Really ? He reffed us against scum at their place earlier this season, and again v Citeh, on both occasions he got good marks on here !
Yes,
Check out MC's post above to read what Keith Hacket had to say
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

You have to ask why he can be so poor after 2 decent performances?
I know what I think!
I mentioned he had lost control during the game, it started when Ferdiandez hurt himself off the pitch and crawled on to it to stop play

velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:33 pm Probably the worst refereeing display of the season, So Far as he hid his red shirt under his official kit.

1/10
Michael Oliver Klopp up next

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

velo wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:00 pm Michael Oliver Klopp up next
I've always rated Michael Oliver....let's see how I feel tomorrow at 10.00pm.
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:07 am I've always rated Michael Oliver....let's see how I feel tomorrow at 10.00pm.
I won't be holding my breathe

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

A disappointing performance from PT, especially given his good showings earlier this season.

3.5/10