Brighton Thread - Seagulls 3rd signing of the summer

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Brighton Thread

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:28 pmYou'd be wrong
Well that’s that settled then.
Don’t take life so seriously and think you’ve got to win every argument. You made a bold statement about Firpo which I disagree with. You also stated we got value for Ralph and I asked you why. You didn’t answer. You threw your toys out of the pram when someone else dared to challenge you and used the word c...
Maybe you don’t deem me worthy of conversation. It must be lonely up there on your horse
Last edited by Jaydog on Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:54 pm I hope 64 has the wit not to answer that ....
I don't know what headerer means.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:35 pm I don't know what headerer means.
Only meant in jest Leon. Sarcasm maybe. I appreciate it’s not a real word
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:40 pm Only meant in jest Leon. Sarcasm maybe. I appreciate it’s not a real word
No problem Jay, I was confused ;-)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Brighton have ended their discussion with Citeh over Cucerella.

Itll be fun to see how he reacts. He will want to get in the WC squad so cant huff.

On the surface similar to Raph but different dynamics at work.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Tony Bloom, owner of Brighton, is a very rich man with a strong gambling background. He's under no pressure to sell anyone at the moment and he will make the most of any other clubs' efforts to leverage a player away from Brighton. He did it with Ben White and he'll do again in this case.

Having much more money than AR is a key difference in Brighton's transfer policy to ours. That's where we're at for now.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Somehow got over 60 mill gbp for cucurella from Chelsea

Was saying above how we should play more hard ball with transfer negotiations like Brighton but Noone was having it!
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

danhirons wrote:Somehow got over 60 mill gbp for cucurella from Chelsea

Was saying above how we should play more hard ball with transfer negotiations like Brighton but Noone was having it!
45mil profit in 1 year ? What is Firpo worth ? Absolutely laughable.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

danhirons wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:17 pm Somehow got over 60 mill gbp for cucurella from Chelsea

Can only play hard ball transfer if you can afford it...we can't...unlike Brighton who have a very rich sugar Daddy
1964white

Post by 1964white »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:08 pm 45mil profit in 1 year ? What is Firpo worth? Absolutely laughable.

Less than we paid for him, right now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I wonder who Brighton will spend some or all of that £60m on?

The seagulls certainly know how to do their business.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:36 pm Can only play hard ball transfer if you can afford it...we can't...unlike Brighton who have a very rich sugar Daddy
Indeed Swannie, we only had one option selling-wise if we were to improve our squad.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:08 pm 45mil profit in 1 year ? What is Firpo worth ? Absolutely laughable.

I have it from the horses mouth (clowns) ...that in the right hands, Firpo will treble in value from what we paid,,,,,shhhh.... you heard it here first.

De Bock, Douglas, Borthwick.....he'll get there eventually i'm sure (not)....and people (faaip) will then praise him for his success.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:06 pm I have it from the horses mouth (clowns) ...that in the right hands, Firpo will treble in value from what we paid,,,,,shhhh.... you heard it here first.

De Bock, Douglas, Borthwick.....he'll get there eventually i'm sure (not)....and people (faaip) will then praise him for his success.
Funnier things have happened in football, but until you accept that every transfer is a lottery and not a sure fire winner you will always be able to convince yourself that sitting back and taking cheap shots at anyone who takes your fancy will pass for insight into all things football.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Re: Brighton Thread - Cucurella signs for Chelsea

Post by 1964white »

Levi Colwill has joined Brighton on a season-long loan.

The England Under-19 international spent last season on loan at Huddersfield and scored an own goal in the 1-0 Championship play-off final defeat by Nottingham Forest.

Meanwhile the seagulls have sent defender Shane Duffy to Fulham on a season-long loan.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:35 pm Well that’s that settled then.
Don’t take life so seriously and think you’ve got to win every argument. You made a bold statement about Firpo which I disagree with. You also stated we got value for Ralph and I asked you why. You didn’t answer. You threw your toys out of the pram when someone else dared to challenge you and used the word c...
Maybe you don’t deem me worthy of conversation. It must be lonely up there on your horse
I wouldn't take his views too seriously, he obsessed over Roberts for god knows how long. He's become a bit overly sensitive these days.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:15 pm Funnier things have happened in football, but until you accept that every transfer is a lottery and not a sure fire winner you will always be able to convince yourself that sitting back and taking cheap shots at anyone who takes your fancy will pass for insight into all things football.
How do you think Orta makes decisions on whether to buy a player or not ?

How does he decide how much they're worth ?

EVERY transfer is a lottery ? I needed 15 mins of watching De Bock, Borthwick, Sacko Shyte and many more to make me decide to keep my hands in my pocket.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:15 pm Funnier things have happened in football, but until you accept that every transfer is a lottery and not a sure fire winner you will always be able to convince yourself that sitting back and taking cheap shots at anyone who takes your fancy will pass for insight into all things football.
Do people still actually reply to this guy?
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:13 pm How do you think Orta makes decisions on whether to buy a player or not ?

How does he decide how much they're worth ?

EVERY transfer is a lottery ? I needed 15 mins of watching De Bock, Borthwick, Sacko Shyte and many more to make me decide to keep my hands in my pocket.
My every transfer is a lottery line was echoing Wilko, Kenny.
Its is just a sad reality not a defence of Orta.
'
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Overman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:44 pm Do people still actually reply to this guy?
Yip.

Oh Oerman, when will your love for me ever end ;-)

Put me back on ignore ya clown :tup:

Must dash.

;@)