Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Phillips and Raph make the bench

Post by Chilli D »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:19 pm Yes, it was a cracker Chilli.
Spurs are dangerous going forward, but we generally snuffed them out.
We were the better team by far and deserved the win.
Everyone played well for me apart from Tyro, and with Rodrigo coming back and scoring I think that's all folks for Roberts.
We're much more of a threat with Rapha, KP and Rodders on the pitch.
:tup:
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Phillips and Raph make the bench

Post by becchio bear »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:49 pm Actually I chose to ignore some sarcastic comments/taunting from the same person in a very recent discussion about Orta's signings. Read them if you don't believe me. Unfortunately Velo decided not to ignore the baiting...

I'm just amazed that some people can't enjoy a great result without the ' I told you so 'comments, which are clearly a dig at Leeds fans who debate tactics or the merits of players such as Harrison, Roberts Alioski etc. It's just as annoying as knee jerk reactions after a loss like against Brighton. Just enjoy the result rather than trying to score points against other fans.

These kind of sarcastic, gloating ' I told you so ' comments are not aimed at opposition fans presumably ?
On the quoted bit I would just say, what's it to do with you? That is another poster.

Forums are about debate, agreement and disagreement otherwise they would be boring.

The first part of Smudge's post was obviously a pisstake.

Read the second part.

People will always have a different opinion and that's a good healthy thing. The one thing I would pull you up on your post is that you said to "debate the merits of players such as Roberts", sorry don't see any merits, he's a lazy passenger imo. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

becchio bear wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:02 pm On the quoted bit I would just say, what's it to do with you? That is another poster.

Forums are about debate, agreement and disagreement otherwise they would be boring.

The first part of Smudge's post was obviously a pisstake.

Read the second part.

People will always have a different opinion and that's a good healthy thing. The one thing I would pull you up on your post is that you said to "debate the merits of players such as Roberts", sorry don't see any merits, he's a lazy passenger imo. :bear:
:lol: :lol:
hector

Post by hector »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:49 pm Actually I chose to ignore some sarcastic comments/taunting from the same person in a very recent discussion about Orta's signings. Read them if you don't believe me. Unfortunately Velo decided not to ignore the baiting...

I'm just amazed that some people can't enjoy a great result without the ' I told you so 'comments, which are clearly a dig at Leeds fans who debate tactics or the merits of players such as Harrison, Roberts Alioski etc. It's just as annoying as knee jerk reactions after a loss like against Brighton. Just enjoy the result rather than trying to score points against other fans.

These kind of sarcastic, gloating ' I told you so ' comments are not aimed at opposition fans presumably ?
Hi mate,
can you point me to this discussion please?
I can't remember it, and I obviously need to look into it...

cheers
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Nice !
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Again nice !
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Todays performance should help stop the talk of "Bielsa burn out "...back to back seasons and it aint happened yet ... nor will it...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

There was no "knee jerk" after Brighton, it was a dreadful performance and they got deserved criticism. The players get showered with praise when we win, so why shouldn't they get criticised for poor performances?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 pm There was no "knee jerk" after Brighton, it was a dreadful performance and they got deserved criticism. The players get showered with praise when we win, so why shouldn't they get criticised for poor performances?
Agree SG

With praise comes criticism.

Today we're all on a high :-D
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

hector wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:27 pm Hi mate,
can you point me to this discussion please?
I can't remember it, and I obviously need to look into it...

cheers
Hi Hector. It was under ' Did the great man Marcelo get it wrong ? ' a few days ago.

These comments below, which he will label as humour, but are more like heavy sarcasm camouflaged as being humour and being excused by him as ' humour, ' and if you don't like them then you have no sense of humour - another thing he frequently taunts me with, as he did again today with ;

" Ever tried smiling ...it was a joke , humour, fun, jest ...should try it someday ... :) ) "

"I guess the real mistake was hiring Orta and not you Chapel ... :P "

"Overman wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm
Your opinions are often not too far of the mark and refreshing indeed. Once you get the Smudge stamp of approval, then they should have some real validity on here. "

Smudge - "Mirror Mirror on the wall.... :duno: "
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sat May 08, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:51 pm There was no "knee jerk" after Brighton, it was a dreadful performance and they got deserved criticism. The players get showered with praise when we win, so why shouldn't they get criticised for poor performances?
Precisely, maintain the levels of performance and there's nothing to criticize. Better to have high expectations than settling for dross and excusing it,
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:24 pm Precisely, maintain the levels of performance and there's nothing to criticize. Better to have high expectations than settling for dross and excusing it,
TBF I think to a man/woman on this site we all have high expectations and no one excuses poor play... we just offer opinions in different ways ...hence the debate...
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

I agree SG90. What some people label ' knee jerk reactions ' clearly annoys them ( Faaip for example after Brighton) I should have said that what they perceive as knee jerk reactions annoys some.

I should have said that personally speaking I don't think that they are knee jerk reactions, just debate after poor performances which warrant scrutiny from fans, though clearly it annoys some.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Just watched the MOTD coverage.

All OK apart from the commentator (not sure if it was Jonathan Pearce) waving the naive banner after they scored.

Naive? In footballing terms what does that even mean?

It just sounds such a put down.

At least the BT coverage was full of apologies towards Leeds after the game.

We havent been found out, burned out or been put in our place.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:07 pm Just watched the MOTD coverage.

All OK apart from the commentator (not sure if it was Jonathan Pearce) waving the naive banner after they scored.

Naive? In footballing terms what does that even mean?

It just sounds such a put down.

At least the BT coverage was full of apologies towards Leeds after the game.

We havent been found out, burned out or been put in our place.
Yes it was Jonathan Pearce, Ian :tup:
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Of course everyone has the right to an opinion and fans have the right to be critical of players’ performance. And there’s a difference between being critical of individual performances and saying a player is not PL quality (even though they’ve played a huge part in our season). First loss in 7 (including the 4 most expensive sides in the league) and the knives were out again last game.

But apparently you can’t make fun of these fans or the person who predicts a loss when we go on to win, or point out (sarcastically or not) that Bielsa actually got it right again. Seriously? Is that a forum rule?
hector

Post by hector »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:21 pm Hi Hector. It was under ' Did the great man Marcelo get it wrong ? ' a few days ago.

These comments below, which he will label as humour, but are more like heavy sarcasm camouflaged as being humour and being excused by him as ' humour, ' and if you don't like them then you have no sense of humour - another thing he frequently taunts me with, as he did again today with ;

" Ever tried smiling ...it was a joke , humour, fun, jest ...should try it someday ... :) ) "

"I guess the real mistake was hiring Orta and not you Chapel ... :P "

"Overman wrote: ↑Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm
Your opinions are often not too far of the mark and refreshing indeed. Once you get the Smudge stamp of approval, then they should have some real validity on here. "

Smudge - "Mirror Mirror on the wall.... :duno: "

Ok mate, seen the posts you mean..

The way I see it..... (and I will write this here so that people can see my reasonings_

I believe Smudge genuinely thought he was being amusing/witty, and I don't think any insult was intended.. HOWEVER, Smudge needs to learn that not everyone has his sense of humour, so some people will not find it funny, and will take it in a way that it was not intended, BUT that does not mean that the person or people taking it the way it was not intended are in the wrong either...

See how complicated this is..??

So..
Smudge can you please stop trying to be witty at other members expense, especially if you know that they will take it in a different way.

Anyone who does not like what Smudge writes, please try to ignore it, and if you feel that he has crossed a line again, please let us mods know.

If anyone has any other thoughts on this can you please PM me, and us mods will discuss it.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

when you get people banned on the forum, quickly you are moving towards a cancel culture.

the latest attack on Disney is that Prince Charming kissed sleeping beauty without asking for her consent.

it would be sad to see cancel culture creeping into mot forums

the bann on Velotrax was not a very well thought out, and although only a temporary bann, more thought should have been given to how it would affect him.

before banning anyone a public warning should be given and then private warnings by one or two moderators and then after that the bann itself. or if it is only a temporary bann then that should be made clear, and perhaps both parties taking part in the altrication should receive the bann, not just one.

Hector and Swannie regularly have a go at each other. she is totally unpreturded by being called an alcoholic. Should I spring to her defense or should Hector be banned?

NO I don't want to belong to the phenomenon of cancel culture

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

hector

Post by hector »

You are not aware of all the facts Rab......
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I can only base my thoughts on what I see and read

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk