The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 20th April) - Llorente earns Whites a share of the spoils

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 20th April) Leeds make their position clear regarding Super League

Post by Irish Ian »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:42 am I would have given Gelhardt, instead of Poveda, go at some point yesterday.
Poveda did well last night Him. Coming on gave us a threat we didnt have in Costa.

Joffy hopefully will get his chance.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 20th April) Leeds make their position clear regarding Super League

Post by Irish Ian »

Finnatic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:13 pm I’m undecided on Poveda, but he was totally involved from the second he came on, he hugged the touch line and kept Robertson busy.
I can’t remember Robertson venturing past the halfway line after that.
Also, with Dallas dropping back to LB we looked more solid down the left and therefore Trent AA hardly ventured forwards too.
You could say they were happy holding onto 1-0 but because of those two changes, we did pin them in their own half apart from the odd break away.
He played in Roberts who found himself with all the time in the world to pick his spot.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Finnatic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:13 pm I’m undecided on Poveda, but he was totally involved from the second he came on, he hugged the touch line and kept Robertson busy.
I can’t remember Robertson venturing past the halfway line after that.
Also, with Dallas dropping back to LB we looked more solid down the left and therefore Trent AA hardly ventured forwards too.
You could say they were happy holding onto 1-0 but because of those two changes, we did pin them in their own half apart from the odd break away.
Very good analysis and pretty much sums my thoughts up too. Felt Joffy might have been a better option than Pablo (sorry Pablo, I do love you but the future, you are not). Save Pablo for 45 minutes in the last (home) game of the season against WBA.

Also, as someone else said, Klopp needs to stop taking things too personal and being so touchy. I can only guess he's doing it to deflect from them missing the chance togo top 4.
Last edited by Lumiukko on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

DavidH wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:37 am Our display in the second half was a huge improvement on the lacklustre first half. I often wonder if we as a club new to the Premiership, have an inferiority complex against certain top sides, and it takes Marcelo to drum into their heads at half time, how much they are underestimating themselves.
Liverpool were tiring by halftime which allowed Leeds to use Alioski as their outlet.
That changed the balance of the game. That is why Bielsa didnt make any subs at HT.

Liverpool were excellent at pressing us and also closing down the passing angles, all the things Leeds are good at. Sometimes we have to just accept that we are up against better, more experienced players. When Leeds were playing at the likes of Reading and Preston those lads were at the Nou Camp.
'