Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha - Arsenal offer below £40mil according to Phil Hay

Post by Cjay »

If that's true and given the source it is and Chelsea do decide to come in then he isn't going Arsenal.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha - Arsenal offer below £40mil according to Phil Hay

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Re: Raphinha - Chelsea enter the race for Raphinha

Post by Scoobychief »

Scum Utd are close to agreeing a deal to sign de jong from barcelona,, so the money 56m from utd will go staight to leeds for raphinha that's my prediction.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Raph on the right and Stirling on the left does sound good. £75m will do it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

mentalcase

Re: Raphinha - Chelsea closing in on a deal (David Ornstein)

Post by mentalcase »

Good job I'm not in charge of incoming/outgoing transfers at ER, Raphinha would be going nowhere for at least 12 months, he would also have a release clause of £100million, have that you bunch of shysters who are trying to steal him .
No if's No but's, if raph or deco didn't like it, then hard frigging lines, you signed for LUFC, you still have 2 yrs left on your contract, I'd rather let him run it down than go for £30million, it would only be a £13 million loss, win/win.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:24 pm Good job I'm not in charge of incoming/outgoing transfers at ER, Raphinha would be going nowhere for at least 12 months, he would also have a release clause of £100million, have that you bunch of shysters who are trying to steal him .
No if's No but's, if raph or deco didn't like it, then hard frigging lines, you signed for LUFC, you still have 2 yrs left on your contract, I'd rather let him run it down than go for £30million, it would only be a £13 million loss, win/win.
Another bum deal from the clowns in charge. Letting Phillips and Rapha go for 90mil in today's market, is staggering.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The crucial bit is the immediately bit.

This is a club (us) that needs the money unfortunately.

We apparently demanded the same from Barcelona but I thought it was because we didn't trust them to pay (they owe other clubs over £100mil).

But looks like it was us that were desperate.

Symptomatic of a club short on immediate funds because most transfers are done in installments spread over the length of a contract

Once you demand immediate payment you limit what you can demand in total.

This is why we aren't getting good prices.

The club are legitimately short on cash I'd suggest
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Chealsea.

F***ing Chelsea.

I HATE f***ing Chelsea.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

All the clubs we are trying to sign players from will simply slap £15million on top of their respective values knowing we have just had a little windfall, and, we'll obviously pay it :rant: :rant:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Scoobychief wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:24 pm Scum Utd are close to agreeing a deal to sign de jong from barcelona,, so the money 56m from utd will go staight to leeds for raphinha that's my prediction.
that's not how it works in la liga i don't think - a big chunk of any fees has go to servicing debt or something like that - won't be going to barca
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Overman wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:35 pm Another bum deal from the clowns in charge. Letting Phillips and Rapha go for 90mil in today's market, is staggering.
60+42 is 102 no?
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:24 pm Good job I'm not in charge of incoming/outgoing transfers at ER, Raphinha would be going nowhere for at least 12 months, he would also have a release clause of £100million, have that you bunch of shysters who are trying to steal him .
there's no logic in this sorry

rapha has given us two great years of service - if he wants to leave, let's let him (as long as the fee is reasonable - 100 mill is too high)

if we started blocking him from moving we would end up (1) with an unhappy player on our books, probably underperforming and (2) other players would be less inclined to join us because of how he was treated

better to just take the fee and use it strengthen us better overall - but the fees are too low imo I agree on that - not massively but each by 5 or 10 mill too low
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I can understand this one a lot more than Phillips. The player wanted to go to Barca, they couldn't meet the price, so he went somewhere else. All very straight up. None of this exclusive sweetheart deal stuff like Phillips and Man City.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

danhirons wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:57 pm 60+42 is 102 no?
Some quote around the 55mil mark. If so, 97mil for those two is not great business. When Grealish and Maguire went for a combined 175mil.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Leeds1000 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:25 pm Raph on the right and Stirling on the left does sound good. £75m will do it.
No it doesn't, it's the vile blue scum . I think I loathe these more than Man Utd , vile club , vile supporters .
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Overman wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:03 pm Some quote around the 55mil mark. If so, 97mil for those two is not great business. When Grealish and Maguire went for a combined 175mil.

Most of the cash up front in both deals though, not paid accross the length of the contract like with a lot of deals these days
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

danhirons wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:00 pm there's no logic in this sorry

rapha has given us two great years of service - if he wants to leave, let's let him (as long as the fee is reasonable - 100 mill is too high)

if we started blocking him from moving we would end up (1) with an unhappy player on our books, probably underperforming and (2) other players would be less inclined to join us because of how he was treated

better to just take the fee and use it strengthen us better overall - but the fees are too low imo I agree on that - not massively but each by 5 or 10 mill too low
I understand where tha's coming from, but, why do we always, always get shafted, Mcquire for instance is worth more than one of the most exciting talents in the PL !!! No, I ain't having that, there's no logic in us letting him go on t' cheap because he might suddenly sulk, maybe he's a train driver and will go on strike !!
We cannot, simply cannot keep letting our players go on the cheap, the replacements, as as I've already said, WILL , cost us more than their worth because the selling clubs know we have just inherited a rather nice amount of dosh, now there's logic.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

Chelsea :evil: :evil:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

Chelsea :evil: :evil:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden