Leeds on TV

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds on TV

Post by Smudge3920 »

danhirons wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:45 pm i live in germany so i have all the games on sky here now for approx 10 euros a month :shhh: german commentary though which is awful

be careful trying to get dazn with a vpn - a lot of them are or get blocked - i think express vpn is the best one but then it basically doubles the price of it
I don't use a vpn.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:30 pm I don't use a vpn.
of course not if you live in canada! but if others wanted to try and use the service from another country (i think someone mentioned using a vpn earlier in the chat)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

danhirons wrote: of course not if you live in canada! but if others wanted to try and use the service from another country (i think someone mentioned using a vpn earlier in the chat)
Yes Dan I use a vpn in Bulgaria . I was in the UK May - August and bought a 4k stick to put my iptv service on and for £35 per year I decided to buy a VPN from the same provider. I brought the stick back with me to BG so I use it here as well. Works well and obviously keeps my IP address hidden .

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

BGwhite wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:47 am Yes Dan I use a vpn in Bulgaria . I was in the UK May - August and bought a 4k stick to put my iptv service on and for £35 per year I decided to buy a VPN from the same provider. I brought the stick back with me to BG so I use it here as well. Works well and obviously keeps my IP address hidden .

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
Great stuff! Sounds like a good find and a great price!
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

danhirons wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:52 am of course not if you live in canada! but if others wanted to try and use the service from another country (i think someone mentioned using a vpn earlier in the chat)
DAZN was originally broadcast from Austria and Germany is my understanding, only started broadcasting in Canada 2017 I believe. I have used it since 2015, have never used a vpn.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

As it stands matches not broadcast live by either Sky, BT or Amazon will not be allowed to be streamed live by PL clubs, even to ST holders. Hopefully this situation will change as discussions are still taking place and as I understand it another meeting is planned for next week.

In other words no one in the UK will legally be able to view our first home match aginst Fulham or any other matches not selected for live broadcast.

The EFL by contrast are allowing all matches not on Sky to be viewed live, either throught the ifollow platform or individual clubs websites as happened at the end of last season for a fee of £10 per match.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jammy 07 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:42 am As it stands matches not broadcast live by either Sky, BT or Amazon will not be allowed to be streamed live by PL clubs, even to ST holders. Hopefully this situation will change as discussions are still taking place and as I understand it another meeting is planned for next week.

In other words no one in the UK will legally be able to view our first home match aginst Fulham or any other matches not selected for live broadcast.

The EFL by contrast are allowing all matches not on Sky to be viewed live, either throught the ifollow platform or individual clubs websites as happened at the end of last season for a fee of £10 per match.
Something will have to be sorted as I like 1000's of Leeds/football fans have lashed out good money on season-tickets in February/March this year
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:22 pm Something will have to be sorted as I like 1000's of Leeds/football fans lashed out good money on season-tickets in February/March this year
It seems ludicrous and farcical that ST holders who are currently not allowed to attend matches would be unable to watch their teams live on TV or via the internet (legally) whilst overseas viewers have access to every PL match live.

There was a meeting of PL clubs yesterday and this issue wasn't resolved...you would think it would be simple but obviously that's not the case.

Can understand Sky/Bt/Amazon being unhappy if clubs are able to stream and charge fans for watching. Between them they've paid fortunes for the exclusive right to broadcast the PL and that has to be respected. The obvious answer would seem to be allowing Sky etc more matches than they've paid for but the PL did that last season and are still having to refund massive amounts to the broadcasters.

If an agreement isn't reached we'll have our ST money refunded in full (pro rata per game missed) but that's not the point. We as fans want to see our team play and are willing to pay for it, even if it's only on TV. Our clubs, with no fans attending, need to generate extra income but I'm guessing those exclusive broadcast rights are the stumbling block at present.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

e.mail from Leeds United

Leeds United’s 2020/21 fixtures have now been announced, with the Premier League season set to start on Saturday 12th September with an away trip to Liverpool.

Initially, all games will be played behind-closed-doors, as per the final nine matches of our campaign last season.

However, as we continue to prepare for the new campaign, we have begun planning for when supporters are able to return to Elland Road, subject to government guidelines and sporting test pilots.

We hope to be able to share more information with supporters over the coming weeks on how this will be achieved.

Ahead of this, in order to keep up to date and in preparation to support the government track and trace scheme, we are asking all Season Ticket Holders and Members to ensure all personal details and contact information is up to date.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I got an email on Wednesday from NowTV offering Sky sports for £20 per month for 9 months, usual price £33.99. Offer ends 8th September so I’ve decided to sign up and it can be used on my TV, iPad and iPhone
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:54 pm I got an email on Wednesday from NowTV offering Sky sports for £20 per month for 9 months, usual price £33.99. Offer ends 8th September so I’ve decided to sign up and it can be used on my TV, iPad and iPhone
Good deal Rich

Can't see the same offer online :(
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:38 pm Good deal Rich

Can't see the same offer online :(
Try this link

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... oe8U2Ryeab
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:47 pm Try this link

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... oe8U2Ryeab
:tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Premier League confirm all 28 matches scheduled for September WILL now be shown live by TV rights holders. West Ham v Newcastle switched to 8pm this Saturday. Leicester v Burnley will be on BBC at 7pm on Sunday.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Leeds v Fulham on BT Sport as per original date and KO

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... e-selected
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Off topic slightly but Ch 5 are showing MNF this season live from around midnight. For those of you who like a proper sport
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It's bad enough not being at the games, at least I can view today's game on the big screen on BT Sport

Much better than having to deal with streams on two laptops

Anyone else got BT Sport ?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:00 pm It's bad enough not being at the games, at least I can view today's game on the big screen on BT Sport

Much better than having to deal with streams on two laptops

Anyone else got BT Sport ?
I'm streaming on a laptop. F****** NBC Sport used to show 4 games on Saturday, now they only have one and moved the rest to their premium streaming service
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:10 pm I'm streaming on a laptop. F****** NBC Sport used to show 4 games on Saturday, now they only have one and moved the rest to their premium streaming service
Back to my laptops for the Blunts games
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Our Premier League fixture with Manchester City at Elland Road has been chosen for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

The date of the original fixture date remains unchanged, with the game moved to an evening kick-off.

Full details can be found below:

Leeds United v Manchester City

Fixture date:Saturday 3rd October

Kick off time: 5:30pm live on Sky Sports

Venue: Elland Road