Robin Koch- Signs pre contract with Eintracht Frankfurt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: Robin Koch

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Excellent performance yesterday, he looks to have settled in beautifully just like White did last year. Just imagine if we had Koch and White as our centre backs for the future - we’d be sorted for the next 10 years!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Superb again last night; unrushed, unruffled, excellent distribution, looks the real deal. And I think he brings out the best in young Pascal too, I like that partnership.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Echo every comment here. There was one moment (if I remember correctly) in the Wolves game where Koch brought the ball out of defence, slowed down with his marker approaching him, and did a feint/drop of the shoulder and just carried the ball past him and up to near the halfway line before playing his pass. It was just a beautiful piece of defensive ball carry.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

I really like him, but he has a tendency to make a big mistake every other game and also a bit weak in the air, but he is not that tall so it’s ok.

Having said that I am overall very happy with him, he reads the game well and has adapted very quickly.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Robin Koch to undergo surgery

Post by Fridge »

Koch to undergo surgery for a knee injury:

Statement says he picked it up against Liverpool and has playing with it since (14 games).

Fair play he has kept himself going whilst waiting for Llorente to get back to fitness.
gessa

Post by gessa »

So that's him out until after the New Year.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

gessa wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:23 am So that's him out until after the New Year.
If not longer, could be a long one.
gessa

Post by gessa »

We just can't seem to get a break (no pun intended) with injuries.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

On the bright side, just been reading a piece from Phil Hay:

The club aren’t expecting this to be a long-term absence:

The club expect to confirm a timescale after his operation. They are waiting to see if Koch needs minor clean-out work or a more substantial procedure.

What they are saying is that this is not a major knee injury. Although Koch faces a period on the sidelines, he should not be a long-term absentee.

Directly from Hay’s article ^
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fridge wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:28 am On the bright side, just been reading a piece from Phil Hay:

The club aren’t expecting this to be a long-term absence:

The club expect to confirm a timescale after his operation. They are waiting to see if Koch needs minor clean-out work or a more substantial procedure.

What they are saying is that this is not a major knee injury. Although Koch faces a period on the sidelines, he should not be a long-term absentee.

Directly from Hay’s article ^
Long enough for us to concede a bucket load of goals with our championship defence in his absence :(
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

So Leeds not only risk a player ( which I can just about accept) but ALLOW him to go on International duty twice carrying an injury?

That is truly awful management from Bielsa

Awful
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:26 am We just can't seem to get a break (no pun intended) with injuries.
We are cursed with injuries mate, unbelievable these injuries are occurring to our new quality signings & in positions where we lack the necessary quality required in the premier league.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:57 am So Leeds not only risk a player ( which I can just about accept) but ALLOW him to go on International duty twice carrying an injury?

Awful
Totally reckless from our management :shock:

We must be on a suicide mission :(
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:57 am So Leeds not only risk a player ( which I can just about accept) but ALLOW him to go on International duty twice carrying an injury?

Awful
Excellent point.

He played 3 games in 6 days on his recent international break too.

Those two weeks to let his knee heal would have made a world of difference and might have allowed him to avoid surgery.

There is only two silver linings here:

Llorente is now back from injury.

Alioski has shown he can do the job at LB. Meaning that worst case scenario (we lose another CB), we can make do with Ayling at CB (who is arguably our best CB anyway :roflmao: ) with Dallas at RB and Alioski LB - even before you take into account that we have Struijk.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

wont be seeing him realistically at best very end of january february in reality, surgery requires covery time,
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Fridge wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:15 pm Excellent point.

He played 3 games in 6 days on his recent international break too.

Those two weeks to let his knee heal would have made a world of difference and might have allowed him to avoid surgery.

There is only two silver linings here:

Llorente is now back from injury.

Alioski has shown he can do the job at LB. Meaning that worst case scenario (we lose another CB), we can make do with Ayling at CB (who is arguably our best CB anyway :roflmao: ) with Dallas at RB and Alioski LB - even before you take into account that we have Struijk.
Last edited by Overman on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Something does not smell right to me... Koch no way has played Prem football, and 3 internationals while hiding a knee injury!... does not make any sense whatsover...and if as the pundit intimates that it was picked up in the first game of the season then its more games at international level!, and, to boot he has played untill Lliorente fit... then it just gets more ludicrous...
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

The injury aside, I still feel we need to sign another cb. One with a commanding and physical presence about him (Jansson) who is not shy to head the ball. I've noticed with Koch and Coops, they get out muscled too often and are not domimant enough in the air. It would be good to bring in an established left back, as Alio just doesn't cut it for me, irrespective of his likeable 'maverick' nature.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:58 pm The injury aside, I still feel we need to sign another cb. One with a commanding and physical presence about him (Jansson) who is not shy to head the ball. I've noticed with Koch and Coops, they get out muscled too often and are not domimant enough in the air. It would be good to bring in an established left back, as Alio just doesn't cut it for me, irrespective of his likeable 'maverick' nature.
Aren't we missing Pontus now? he'd relish a battle at the back famed for his headed clearances, scored a few too unlike our current CB's.

Apart from Smith/Terry/Grealish, Jansson's departure is another reason why I despise Aston Villa.

Ali is our new star-studded left-back :roll:
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Koch has said in an interview its an important year for him and he needs to be back for the spring, probably more got his eye on European championships than featuring for us again - so looks like late March, April time, so just the 4-5 months out - need a new CB in January, knowing our luck Cooper or Llorente will limp off vs west ham