The Leeds United Positive Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Leeds United Positive Thread

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:44 am We have the best football forum in 'Marching On Together' :) :scar1
Have you just woken up eating your bowl of cornflakes Swannie ;-)
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:44 am Just one of the reasons why we look a better team this season :tup:

Average 2 points a game & we are up :scarfe2:
Looking at the fixtures between now and New Year, it's going to be an interesting 6 weeks, lot of teams in the top 8 playing one another, we have 3 of them, the table then will be very interesting.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:53 am Looking at the fixtures between now and New Year, it's going to be an interesting 6 weeks, lot of teams in the top 8 playing one another, we have 3 of them, the table then will be very interesting.
14 points in our last 6 games

I believe if we manage to gain 12+ points in our next 6 games we'll increase the gap from the others behind us right now.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:55 am 14 points in our last 6 games

I believe if we manage to gain 12+ points in our next 6 games we'll increase the gap from the others behind us right now.

We need at least 12 and I think that's what we'll get.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Looking at the fixtures, I don't see any reason to think we can't get at least 12 points. The Baggies have a harder run than us for the most part. I'm holding to my earlier prediction - that it'll be a battle for top spot between us and them and the real drama will be for the playoff places.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 am Have to say it's been a long time since I felt true affection for our players, certain individuals have touched my heart in the past, however now we have at least five class players & a squad so full of togetherness, all down to Bielsa of course!

We are a joy to watch entertaining & winning too, a combination any football fan would dream of supporting their beloved club
Hmmmm...methinks you have changed your tune from a weeks ago 64.
At the time when several people were saying we had little or no chance of promotion, I said I was staying positive, and I still am.

This is not a negative post by the way, just an observation.

Glad your feelings have changed 64.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:46 am Have you just woken up eating your bowl of cornflakes Swannie ;-)
How did you know? :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:39 pm Hmmmm...methinks you have changed your tune from a weeks ago 64.
At the time when several people were saying we had little or no chance of promotion, I said I was staying positive, and I still am.

This is not a negative post by the way, just an observation.

Glad your feelings have changed 64.
In Cat's Predict The Championship 2019/20 Table (Finishing Positions) competition prior to the start of this season I predicted Leeds to win the championship, you had us down to finish 4th

Unlike some of negative posters I also predict Leeds to win every week

Did I actually say there is no chance we'll be promoted ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:34 pm How did you know? :lol:
Your habitual nature, you're like a :moggy: Swannie
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:44 pm In Cat's Predict The Championship 2019/20 Table (Finishing Positions) competition prior to the start of this season I predicted Leeds to win the championship, you had us down to finish 4th

Unlike some of negative posters I also predict Leeds to win every week

Did I actually say there is no chance we'll be promoted ?
In the thread called 'Leeds United Promotion' dated 13th October you said "I've always believed I will never see Leeds play in the Premiership again"
Just saying....
As for the final table predictions, we based our them on where we feel Leeds will finish up. At this moment in time they are exceeding my expectations which is why I have been positive about things all season even after a poor result.
I will be delighted if your prediction comes true 64.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

1964white wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:24 am Can't argue with any of that mate & even if I disagreed I'm not allowed to on this thread :lol:

Top post :tup:
You're allowed to disagree as long as you say he's not being positive enough. :)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I'm enjoying this group of players as much as any we've had in a long while. They are the most cohesive unit I've seen in many years; they obviously play for one another. Don't see many egos in the squad at all.

Side before self every time. All Leeds, aren't they.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:20 pm I'm enjoying this group of players as much as any we've had in a long while. They are the most cohesive unit I've seen in many years; they obviously play for one another. Don't see many egos in the squad at all.

Side before self every time. All Leeds, aren't they.
Absolutely John, and the only big worry for me is whether we have enough cover in key areas. So far we have managed to cope but I really feel that only a load of injuries to key players all at the same time is the only thing that can derail us.
We've no idea if the likes of Gotts, Edmundson, Bogusz, Strujik etc can cope with the heat of the championship battle because none of them are anywhere near the first team apart from Gotts who is only warming the bench while others are injured.
Heartened by the news that Shackleton is on the way back though. He was playing really well until his injury.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Chilli D wrote:

Absolutely John, and the only big worry for me is whether we have enough cover in key areas. So far we have managed to cope but I really feel that only a load of injuries to key players all at the same time is the only thing that can derail us.
We've no idea if the likes of Gotts, Edmundson, Bogusz, Strujik etc can cope with the heat of the championship battle because none of them are anywhere near the first team apart from Gotts who is only warming the bench while others are injured.
Heartened by the news that Shackleton is on the way back though. He was playing really well until his injury.
Agree 100% on Shack - here's hoping the others can slot in OK if needed. They may surprise us as Marcelo oversees all our teams and no doubt takes a keen interest in all our players.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Norm wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:41 pm Agree 100% on Shack - here's hoping the others can slot in OK if needed. They may surprise us as Marcelo oversees all our teams and no doubt takes a keen interest in all our players.

Watched 30 minutes of the u23's last night and they played exactly the same way as the first team, anyone called up should be able to fit into the system.

If you can, have a look at the pass from McCalmont for Stevens' goal.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Here it is Norm, you may have to click the replay button if it doesn't work first time.

https://t.co/S8Xxjk37aY
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

:hi5:
gessa wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:19 pm Here it is Norm, you may have to click the replay button if it doesn't work first time.

https://t.co/S8Xxjk37aY
:hi5: :clape: :scar1
gessa

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:30 pm :hi5:

:hi5: :clape: :scar1
A little on the good side that John. :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Thanks for that ges - that was something else - the ball had to be dead accurate between the 2 opposing players and he got it spot on.
There's a bright future ahead. Hopefully our injury list will improve.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Another 3 points