Championship 19/20

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Championship 19/20

Post by Irish Ian »

faaip wrote: Your first team squad, mine is bigger
I took mine from the Leeds Utd site.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:49 am Your first team squad, mine is bigger
Yes but you are probably including players that have never played in a championship game previously
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:04 am Yes but you are probably including players that have never played in a championship game previously
Ah yes but..... every single player in the league had never played in a championship game once....... :)

they all have to start somwhere, and at some time if they want to succeed...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:14 am Ah yes but..... every single player in the league had never played in a championship game once....... :)

they all have to start somwhere, and at some time if they want to succeed...
Indeed they do Hector but how many of our U23's held down a regular place in the first-team in 2018/19. Last season we had young players on the bench who were never gonna get a minutes on the pitch, they were just fillers because we had no alternatives.

The championship is a gruelling league, probably one of the hardest most competitive in the world where you need to have the necessary resources to cope with a long old season
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:39 am Is he? Never heard of him other than on here.

Derby got around ffp by selling their ground to themselves at an inflated value. No such luck this year, and with a significantly weaker squad they're playing a dangerous game throwing money around without bringing cash in.

Who's Matt Clarke as well?
Yeah he is imo, watched him a fair bit for Charlton last season and Arsenal fans are pretty furious he was sold actually.

Clarke has been one of the standing cbs in the EFL last few years.

Both far more proven then Ben White.

Dont know how teams do it, we always seem to be skint but teams like Derby throw money around every year.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:13 am Yeah he is imo, watched him a fair bit for Charlton last season and Arsenal fans are pretty furious he was sold actually.

Clarke has been one of the standing cbs in the EFL last few years.

Both far more proven then Ben White.

Dont know how teams do it, we always seem to be skint but teams like Derby throw money around every year.
Thing is, if they aren't Bielsa-type players then we're not going for them, are we?
White is clearly rated and Bielsa thinks he'll fit the scheme, which is more important than perceived Championship pedigree.

Because we are now working within our means. Can understand when Radz gets frustrated about stuff like Wolves with the agent links and Sheff W aand Derby selling their stadiums to themselves. It's clearly a bit of clever accounting to get around FFP, but it's the sort of thing the EFL should be on top of, not teams watching training!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Genghers wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:35 am Thing is, if they aren't Bielsa-type players then we're not going for them, are we?
White is clearly rated and Bielsa thinks he'll fit the scheme, which is more important than perceived Championship pedigree.

Because we are now working within our means. Can understand when Radz gets frustrated about stuff like Wolves with the agent links and Sheff W aand Derby selling their stadiums to themselves. It's clearly a bit of clever accounting to get around FFP, but it's the sort of thing the EFL should be on top of, not teams watching training!
Both of them are regarded as players who are comfortable on the ball tbf, i think they would have fit in perfectly. Lets be honest they both cost decent money and this summer that isnt something we seem keen on paying. Would be interested to know if MB was ever offered them though since we were linked to both, not convinced by White at all but hope to be wrong.

Got no sympathy with Radz tbf, the owners voted in the new rules, what they are doing is legal, if Mel Morris wants to effectively give Derby £80mil then thats upto him, wish our owner was inclinced to do the same. I agreed with Radz over Wolves till he said he would do the same then didnt.

The new rules were voted in by the EFL teams so cant really complain.

Why are we not doing clever accounting instead of banging on about FFP? If its legal then do it. Its easy for clubs to use FFP as an excuse but its plain as day that we could spend if we wanted but it would require Radz to use his own money more, which he doesn't want to.

Really hope we have a few more players coming in soon, fingers crossed.
Signed

King Cjay

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:11 pm Both of them are regarded as players who are comfortable on the ball tbf, i think they would have fit in perfectly. Lets be honest they both cost decent money and this summer that isnt something we seem keen on paying. Would be interested to know if MB was ever offered them though since we were linked to both, not convinced by White at all but hope to be wrong.

Got no sympathy with Radz tbf, the owners voted in the new rules, what they are doing is legal, if Mel Morris wants to effectively give Derby £80mil then thats upto him, wish our owner was inclinced to do the same. I agreed with Radz over Wolves till he said he would do the same then didnt.

The new rules were voted in by the EFL teams so cant really complain.

Why are we not doing clever accounting instead of banging on about FFP? If its legal then do it. Its easy for clubs to use FFP as an excuse but its plain as day that we could spend if we wanted but it would require Radz to use his own money more, which he doesn't want to.

Really hope we have a few more players coming in soon, fingers crossed.
You think they would have but clearly Bielsa wasn't interested because White was his target.

No arguing with you over ownership and finances as you have made your mind up, and no amount of logic or reasoning will get through. I'd rather we play it safe than risk financial ruin again.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Maupay to Brighton.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Massimo Luongo - QPR to Sheff Wed - undisclosed

Dom Thompson - Arsenal to Brentford - £1m

Adam Nagy - Bologna to Bristol City - undisclosed

Sam Field - West Brom to Charlton - loan

Jonathan Leko - West Brom to Charlton - loan

Josh Grant - Chelsea to Plymouth - loan

Anfernee Dijksteel - Charlton to Middlesbrough - £2m

Carl Jenkinson - Arsenal to Nottingham Forest - undisclosed

Pedro Pereira - Benfica to Bristol City - loan

Scott Hogan - Aston Villa to Stoke - loan

Alvaro Gimenez - Almeria to Birmingham City - undisclosed

George Puscas - Inter Milan to Reading - undisclosed

Brice Samba - Caen to Nottingham Forest - Undisclosed

Fran Villalba - Valencia to Birmingham City - free

Josh Cullen - West Ham to Charlton - loan

At present we are one of only 2 sides to not make 1 single permanent transfer this summer (Fulham are the other).

And only Bristol City and Brentford have bought in more money but both have spend or are spending money to.

Doesnt seem acceptable to me but thats me and yes i know we have to buy Costa but even so.

If this was Cellino people would be going mad.

Having said all that im convinced Radz is preparing to sell next summer hence the options to buy and loans rather then actually spending money.

I think he turned down investors to try and make as much money as possible next summer but if no promotion he will go.
Signed

King Cjay

leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

west brom sign charlie austin from southampton , 2 yr deal
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:25 pm west brom sign charlie austin from southampton , 2 yr deal
How much has Austin cost the Baggies ?

Ben will take care of a proper Charlie :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds won't have face Fulham wing-back Ryan Sessegnon this season :-D as he has signed for Spurs (£25m)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Birmingham 1-1 Bristol City (first we beat them, then we nick Eddie and now Pep Clotet takes points off them ).

Cardiff 2-1 Luton (Flint header and another header, says it all, Cardiff at set pieces scare me to death )

Charlton 3-1 Stoke ( 2 wins out of 2 for Lee Bowyer, up to 2nd, Stoke just go from bad to worse).

Derby 0-0 Swansea (apparently absolutely dire according to Sky )

Fulham 2-0 Blackburn (title favourites imo are Fulham, off the mark now).

Hull 2-1 Reading ( Bowen opened the scoring, great for Hull to keep him ).

Boro 0-1 Brentford ( Boro are tough at home Brentford are dire away, so a shock).

Preston 3-0 Wigan ( Just watch Wigan turn in to Man City next weekend).

Sheff Weds 2-0 Barnsley (Top now for Lee Bullen, bloody Wednesday).

WBA 1-1 Millwall (Should be beating them at home if you want promotion same as us and Forest).
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Don’t see anything in this league that scares me ....... apart from Colin’s hoofball tactics.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So WBA are done for the season now if they can't beat Millwall at home, Forest a much better team than Millwall btw. Think that's a decent result for Brizzle, Flint isn't a great defender, but yes can score the odd goal. Fulham should be favourites, lots of prem experience over the last few years, s**t load of cash to play with ...They fail if they don't win the league
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:39 pm Fulham should be favourites, lots of prem experience over the last few years, s**t load of cash to play with ...They fail if they don't win the league
Indeed they should be favourites, my reservation is their ex-player rookie manager
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:09 pm Cardiff 2-1 Luton (Flint header and another header, says it all, Cardiff at set pieces scare me to death)
Warnock will probably suss us out lobbing the ball over our central defence & down the flanks, also dreading the bombardment. We'll have to take our chances when we play the bluebirds or else it will be more points dropped. We don't do clean sheets :(
Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:09 pm Charlton 3-1 Stoke ( 2 wins out of 2 for Lee Bowyer, up to 2nd, Stoke just go from bad to worse).
Two wins with Jason Pearce at the heart of their defence :shock:
Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:09 pm Hull 2-1 Reading ( Bowen opened the scoring, great for Hull to keep him)
Was hoping a prem side would take a punt on Bowen
Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:09 pm Boro 0-1 Brentford ( Boro are tough at home Brentford are dire away, so a shock).
Boro' go from bad to worse. Brentford will make the play-offs this season, made some shrewd signings even though they have lost Maupey, spent more than us of course!
Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:09 pm Preston 3-0 Wigan ( Just watch Wigan turn in to Man City next weekend)
Wigan don't travel well apart from Elland Road. Still expect us to beat the Latics next Saturday
Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:09 pm WBA 1-1 Millwall (Should be beating them at home if you want promotion same as us and Forest)
Just like Leeds I still expect the baggies to be challenging
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Eight championship clubs were knocked out of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night

Huddersfield, Barnsley, Middlesbro', Brentford, Wigan, Brisrol City, Charlton & West Brom all exited out of the cup
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Barnsley 2-2 Charlton (90th min pen for Charlton)

Blackburn 1-0 Boro (contrasting fortunes for Woody and Bowyer, Boro no wins and 21st, Charlton 2wins 1 draw and 2nd).

Brentford 1-1 Hull

Bristol City 2-0 QPR

Luton 1-2 WBA

Millwall 1-0 Sheff Weds (Millwall played 50 mins or so with 10 men)

Forest 3-0 Birmingham

Stoke 2-2 Derby

Swansea 3-2 Preston

Derby, Millwall, Swansea, WBA, Charlton, Leeds all unbeaten.

We are top level on points with Charlton, WBA, Swansea and Millwall.
Signed

King Cjay