RIP To Those Departed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: RIP To Those Departed - HRH Prince Philip.

Post by becchio bear »

RIP Sad news indeed

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Very sad news.
Whatever anyones views on the monarchy, at the end of the day, a woman has lost her beloved husband after 73 years of marriage :cry:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:38 pm Very sad news.
Whatever anyones views on the monarchy, at the end of the day, a woman has lost her beloved husband after 73 years of marriage :cry:
Very nicely put swannie.

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:19 pm Very nicely put swannie.

I cannot imagine life without my Rita after 32 years... Cannot imagine how her Majesty is feeling today ...
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:04 pm I cannot imagine life without my Rita after 32 years... Cannot imagine how her Majesty is feeling today ...
My auntie and uncle celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Sunday and received a card from the Queen. They were so excited by this bless them. They loved the royal family, still do, and will be saddened by this news :cry: :bear:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:49 pm My auntie and uncle celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Sunday and received a card from the Queen. They were so excited by this bless them. They loved the royal family, still do, and will be saddened by this news :cry: :bear:
Thats lovely BB :bear:, ... I always admit to be a Royalist, always have done alway's will ... I love that the Queen has been my Monarch my whole life, I have so much respect for her. Also she is Colonel in Chief of my Regiment. Had the privalidge of meeting her 4 times, Have dined with her also, she Sat at the head of the table at a combined RTR WO's and Sgts mess dinner, she gave a fabulous and funny after dinner speech, following dinner, she can work a room like no one I have ever seen, and I swear she spoke to everyone there...It is amazing the difference in them when they know they are away from prying eyes (the press)....Met HRH Phillip on several occasions aslo during my military career, we effectionately called him "Nick the Greek" a wonderful funny man.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:49 pm My auntie and uncle celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Sunday and received a card from the Queen. They were so excited by this bless them. They loved the royal family, still do, and will be saddened by this news :cry: :bear:
My Mum and Dad celebrate their 68th wedding anniversary in Sept bb..... :)
Azkal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkal »

Sincere condolences to her Majesty the Queen and her family on the loss of Prince Philip, a husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:53 pm Thats lovely BB :bear:, ... I always admit to be a Royalist, always have done alway's will ... I love that the Queen has been my Monarch my whole life, I have so much respect for her. Also she is Colonel in Chief of my Regiment. Had the privalidge of meeting her 4 times, Have dined with her also, she Sat at the head of the table at a combined RTR WO's and Sgts mess dinner, she gave a fabulous and funny after dinner speech, following dinner, she can work a room like no one I have ever seen, and I swear she spoke to everyone there...It is amazing the difference in them when they know they are away from prying eyes (the press)....Met HRH Phillip on several occasions aslo during my military career, we effectionately called him "Nick the Greek" a wonderful funny man.
What great memories for you Smudge :bear:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar

Post by becchio bear »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:30 am My Mum and Dad celebrate their 68th wedding anniversary in Sept bb..... :)
Wow swannie 8-) :bear:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Barry Mason, musician and song writer.

He and Les Reed wrote "Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)", "The Last Waltz", "Here It Comes Again", "I Pretend", "There Goes My First Love", "A Man Without Love", "Winter World of Love" "Now That You are Gone", "Rowbottom Square" and "Delilah".

And they also wrote this song...
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Actress Helen McCrory at the tender age of 52 from Cancer.

A wonderful actress - RIP Aunt Polly.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:22 am Barry Mason, musician and song writer.

He and Les Reed wrote "Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)", "The Last Waltz", "Here It Comes Again", "I Pretend", "There Goes My First Love", "A Man Without Love", "Winter World of Love" "Now That You are Gone", "Rowbottom Square" and "Delilah".

And they also wrote this song...
The best football anthem ever. MOT

RIP Barry
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:28 am Actress Helen McCrory at the tender age of 52 from Cancer.

A wonderful actress - RIP Aunt Polly.
A fine actress

RIP Helen
1964white

Re: RIP To Those Departed

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-04-19 13.55.19.png

Amateur rider Lorna Brooke has died following a fall earlier this month, the Injured Jockeys Fund has announced.

Brooke was riding Orchestrated for her mother, Lady Susan Brooke, when falling at the third fence in the Pontispool Equine Sports Centre Handicap Chase on April 8.

Racing was delayed by more than hour as she was treated on track, before being transferred into an air ambulance.

A statement issued by the IJF on Friday said Brooke was in a “critical, but stable condition” in intensive care at Southmead Hospital in Bristol, and had been placed in an induced coma due to “various complications” during the week.

However, a further statement released on Monday confirmed she had died.

The statement read: “It is with deep sadness that we have to share the tragic news that Lorna Brooke passed away yesterday.

“Her family thank everyone for their kindness in the last few weeks, particularly the staff at Southmead Hospital who were so professional.

“They will be having a private funeral and will hold a celebration of Lorna’s life once Covid restrictions allow.”
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Very sad news

Jockeys particularly the lasses over the sticks are very brave!

RIP Lorna
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-04-20 19.57.45.png
Screenshot 2021-04-20 19.57.45.png (236.99 KiB) Viewed 1277 times

Screenshot 2021-04-20 19.58.32.png
Screenshot 2021-04-20 19.58.32.png (483.24 KiB) Viewed 1277 times
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Elder brother turned his toes up today 10 years battling cancer then a heart attack got him. My introduction to music was owed to him . See you bro 👍
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 pm Elder brother turned his toes up today 10 years battling cancer then a heart attack got him. My introduction to music was owed to him . See you bro 👍
Sorry to hear your sad news MJ

Condolences to your family & friends who loved your brother.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 pm Elder brother turned his toes up today 10 years battling cancer then a heart attack got him. My introduction to music was owed to him . See you bro 👍
Condolences Mick to you and yours...