Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Kennyb41 »

malcolmw wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:06 am Paddy is always going to be the creator of huge emotion. He's just that sort of player.

I've said before (on the rugby thread) that he's like a Springbok captain of the past - Morne DuPlessis - whose detractors called him "gironkey", as he was gangly like a giraffe and ran around the pitch like a donkey. But on his day, he could be hugely effective.

Paddy has scored the best goal of the season, and has the most hopeless misses of the season too. So I can see all points of view expressed here. He sure is an enigma - especially nowadays!

But I do think its time to relegate him to "super-sub" role and put Joseph in the starting line up. I can also see the merit of brining Joseph off the bench, but if we are going up (well of course Carruthers, by Jove!), it would be good to have Joseph a bit more battle hardened.

Farke Vs. Bielsa. Right leader for the times - sort of like Churchill, no?
I'm actually hoping this is in plan going forward.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:31 am Oh jeez this is soooooooo hard to ignore, so i'll just say this - We play 4-2-3- 1

Do you know DF plays that OB ?
I gave my observation that PB was running around aimlessl as part of a response to another question. If the job of a CF is to drag a defender out of position then Hull weren’t falling for it. If the job of a CF is to run into space so his own teammates can pass it to him, that wasn’t happening either.

If that’s the game DF plays then he should have noticed that neither was working and either give new instructions or change the player.

Remember, my original post was in response to someone saying, that if we fix the midfield then PB will be fine. You opted to highlight one comment, when I what I posted was intended to be taken as a whole.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

He has been isolated doing a 4 man job on his own of recent, yet still in goalscoring positions, when all behind him have dropped back 20yds. Soaking it up for a while has made the whole teams display look disjointed, disconnected, discombobulated, disgusting.

But we still won.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:53 pm tempFileForShare_20240402-205240.jpg
Don’t think Bamford is a cry baby
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"