Recommended TV Drama

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
KansasCole
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by KansasCole »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:21 pm Been very good so far,.
As long as it doesn’t go all Shoot ‘em Up and keeps the “zombies” to a minimum I’ll be sticking with it.

Haven’t played the game so I don’t know the whole story.
Agreed, same boat in having not played the game, but knew the backstory. Show has been very good so far and even with the "zombies" in this how they are way more interesting and deadlier than the slow, plodding lot in the Walking Dead. Very good character development so far.
KansasCole
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by KansasCole »

lufc1304 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:01 pm Enjoying Severance on Apple TV. Bit of a slow burner, but interesting premise

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11280740/
Just started this recently as well, had heard great reviews on it. It is pretty good so far, but you are right a slow burner. My wife couldn't hang in and decided it wasn't for her. Feel like it's going to keep getting better as the season goes on, I'm about 4 episodes in.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:10 pm Excellent 5 plus hour Minx soundtrack on Spotify, 90 plus tracks of great music ...
Oh, I'll have a look for that. Nice one, faaip
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

KansasCole wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:12 pm Just started this recently as well, had heard great reviews on it. It is pretty good so far, but you are right a slow burner. My wife couldn't hang in and decided it wasn't for her. Feel like it's going to keep getting better as the season goes on, I'm about 4 episodes in.
Same as me, Cole. Good cameos from Turturro and Walken so far, Patricia Arquette is always watchable and I really like the guy playing Mark, though I don't think I've seen him in anything else.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
KansasCole
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by KansasCole »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:16 pm Same as me, Cole. Good cameos from Turturro and Walken so far, Patricia Arquette is always watchable and I really like the guy playing Mark, though I don't think I've seen him in anything else.
Yes big Turturro fan and he always plays the quirky characters so well, and Walken is an OG that will always be great. Also really enjoy Dylan (played by Zach Cherry), he's the perfect contrast to Turturro in the Sev'rd office. Adam Scott (Mark) has been in several comedies like Step Brothers with Will Ferrell, he was also a mainstay on the show Parks & Rec, but I wasn't a huge fan of that show, I'm more of an Office guy.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

North sea connections
Excellent
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Didn't know where else to put this

John Cleese is reviving Fawlty Towers with his daughter
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

It better be PC correct for all the luvvies and wokes these days.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:47 pm Last of Us obviously
It's been excellent so far , I also see that a second series has already been commissioned. There's an accompanying weekly podcast with the show runners which is also a good listen
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:06 pm Didn't know where else to put this

John Cleese is reviving Fawlty Towers with his daughter
I saw that Cjay, can't wait to watch it. The original is classic stuff and always gets a laugh out of me.

No Manuel, RIP :verysad:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

I watched The English which I thought was really good, but pretty gruesome.

The Last Of Us was good, but not a patch on TWD for me.

Just reviewing the first season of Your Honor and then will watch the second season.