Kalvin Phillips

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Kalvin Phillips.- £42mil Man City deal close

Post by Cumbriarents »

Both fantastic posts above. Kalvin set out to get us promoted and turned down a big move at the time to Villa. He loves Leeds and we love him.

Thanks Kalvin and one day I'm sure you will play for Leeds again
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:28 pm Good shout Leeds 1000 :clap:

If he truly has the talent then Pep will further develop KP and his career.

I would implore all true Leeds fans to thank KP for his great service to us, wish him all the best, and please don't have a go at KP and his family. Just let sleeping dogs lie, and remember the lad has tried his guts out for us for many years at a time when we were absolutely shite :clap:
fine sentiment and one that should extend to Rads and Orta too..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:15 pm Another one of the crown jewels sold off. Its all about levels and Citeh are miles above the rest in terms of financial power. Newcastle may get there one day. I think if Klopp called it a day tomorrow Liverpool will struggle to keep up i have heard Nunez is on about 150,000 compared with Haaland's maybe 400,000? I think Salah is money orientated so he could well be off who knows. mu just like throwing money to the dogs and who knows where Chelski are these days.

Anyway good luck to KP... i think its a great move personally. He played his best football under Bielsa when we were dominating the ball alot so he should be fine over there. He will probably have doubled his wages over night and be in with a shout of every piece of silverware in the game. What's not to admire.

We now have two Leeds fans at Citeh lets hope they go easy on us next season. When Raph goes massive gaps to fill and fill them we will try...
Who's the other Leeds fan at City?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Haaland
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:05 pm Who's the other Leeds fan at City?
Pep :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:10 pmHaaland
Thanks faaip.

I've just googled his interview with YEP about Leeds United and saw the pic of him signing autographs wearing Leeds United shorts.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:22 pm I've got another for ya Swan.

We've just got what looks like a decent progressive right back, an attacking midfield international and a midfielder in Roca that i will forecast is going to be better than KP (and i've never seen 1 minute of him) + some change out of the 42m we get for KP ;-)

I'll have to wait to pass judgement on those 3 but the grade A class 1 clown could be possibly slowly removing the finger from up his arse.

Time will tell.
Indeed it will Kenny :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:22 pm Thanks faaip.

I've just googled his interview with YEP about Leeds United and saw the pic of him signing autographs wearing Leeds United shorts.
That's about as close as he's ever gonna get to wearing them on the pitch for us :)

Leeds fan my arse :lol:

If he was a true fan he'd play for us for free ;-)
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:15 pm He will probably have doubled his wages over night and be in with a shout of every piece of silverware in the game. What's not to admire.
He's now taking money to help a murderous regime repair their image?

There is nothing good about being part of the Man City project. And it cannot be excused because this club went on tour in that country which sells arms to the other. In the case of Man City and Newcastle, the people paying the wages have blood on their hands, there's a direct link. Their players, managers, the fans who go out and say there's nothing to see...all part of it. And that's exactly why the owners throw billions at it.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:25 pm That's about as close as he's ever gonna get to wearing them on the pitch for us :)

Leeds fan my arse :lol:

If he was a true fan he'd play for us for free ;-)
I think you could be right Riot :)

Don't think you'd play for us for free either :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:55 pm I think you could be right Riot :)

Don't think you'd play for us for free either :lol:
I would actually Swannie, and if I could catch that twat Sergi Canos I'd put him over the fooking East Stand :lol:

We can but dream :love:

59 year old and with a massive beer belly, but I still bet I'd be fitter than JKA and fookin Brolin put together :lol:

Jesse just needs to dangle a pie in front of me in training, murderball my arse :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Mountain wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:51 pm He's now taking money to help a murderous regime repair their image?

There is nothing good about being part of the Man City project. And it cannot be excused because this club went on tour in that country which sells arms to the other. In the case of Man City and Newcastle, the people paying the wages have blood on their hands, there's a direct link. Their players, managers, the fans who go out and say there's nothing to see...all part of it. And that's exactly why the owners throw billions at it.
Pity they only threw peanuts to us :)
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Mountain wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:51 pm He's now taking money to help a murderous regime repair their image?
You're mixing politics and football buddy. Best keep petty squabbles and propaganda off the playing surface as disagreements over lies tends to divide supporters and fans into us and them, we know and you have no idea, etc.

I've just checked on the official LUFC website and all I have found is, 'Leeds United forward Ryan Edmondson has today joined Carlisle United in a permanent deal'. KP is still at 23 so is going nowhere until LUFC announce his departure.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Siqu
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Siqu »

Ultimately kp wants trophies and so man city is the place to be these days in england. . But if pep stays at one holding mid, then kp will be rodris understudy and shouldnt be worried of fitness issues.
Gutted hes gone. Really am.
And if Paddy doesnt return in goalscoring form then its shaping up to be a very very long season
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:02 pm I would actually Swannie, and if I could catch that twat Sergi Canos I'd put him over the fooking East Stand :lol:

We can but dream :love:

59 year old and with a massive beer belly, but I still bet I'd be fitter than JKA and fookin Brolin put together :lol:

Jesse just needs to dangle a pie in front of me in training, murderball my arse :lol:
Note to Jesse.....

Go to t' pie shop and Sign up White Riot ......now! :lol:
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Fee aside which is a joke - this transfer sets a precedence for the club, which tells players if you an offer comes in and you want to go we will sell you regardless of whether it is in the best interest of the club financially.

We will be lucky to get more than 50 million for Raph now - if we play hardball he will just bring up the Phillips transfer and cross his arms. Ludicrous business management.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

...politics aside, they've done a great job at City in building a successful club and project

would love to know how you would respond if a Saudi company, bought the biggest competitor to wherever you currently work and offered you triple the pay you're currently on and unbelievable career prospects - would you say no out of morality for working for a Saudi company? I'm not sure many of us would say no...
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

danhirons wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:32 am ...politics aside, they've done a great job at City in building a successful club and project

would love to know how you would respond if a Saudi company, bought the biggest competitor to wherever you currently work and offered you triple the pay you're currently on and unbelievable career prospects - would you say no out of morality for working for a Saudi company? I'm not sure many of us would say no...
:clap:
Pretty much my take on it as well, absolutely nothing we as fans can do about it apart from stop going / watching, which we won't.
What about all the other big clubs and their owners, don't think they're faultless either.
I'd love a set up like what they have at the etihad rather than the run down shambles we have at ER.
Went over on friday to buy some gear from t'club shop, another pile of shite, why isn't that at least 2 storeys high and selling more merchandise !!
How can we progress when we have sold the surrounding land to the council for car parks !!
We are light years behind.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Lumiukko wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:40 pm At least this KP transfer saga has purged the Marcelo v Marsch debate!

I'll get back under my rock now.
KP is nothing without Bert.

But he's got the best chance with Pep and quality players, he'll do ok, but now never reach his true potential (might do though).

Pep can always ring Bert for KP to speak to him.

Obviously not during games.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

danhirons wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:32 am ...politics aside, they've done a great job at City in building a successful club and project

Of course they're going a great job, the fact that you - and many football fans - talk about them in terms of doing a great job rather than in terms of their human rights abuses shows how well they are doing.

If a Saudi employer offered to triple my wages as part of a sportswashing project (and that is what City do, it's not a business in any normal sense) I'd have to say no. I have a mother, a wife, daughters, sisters. I value looking them in the eye more than money. Would you take the cash?