Long-time LUFC sponsor withdraws support

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Long-time LUFC sponsor withdraws support

Post by 1964white »

mav
First Team
First Team

Re: Long-time LUFC sponsor withdraws support

Post by mav »

If I was them I would withdraw support as I had no idea they were a sponsor!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yep agree with Mav. Simply looks like they are trying to get more free publicity by doing this. Hope Cellino takes them to court as they have an agreement for 1 more year.

Such a non-story - company that sponsors the tunnel, something seen only a couple of times in the match, stops being a sponsor. Yet again though people, 64 included, want to use it to attack Cellino. Hhmm wonder who is paying the club more - the recent new sponsors Clipper Logistics, the worldwide betting company or this unknown to most company.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Yep agree with Mav. Simply looks like they are trying to get more free publicity by doing this. Hope Cellino takes them to court as they have an agreement for 1 more year.

Such a non-story - company that sponsors the tunnel, something seen only a couple of times in the match, stops being a sponsor. Yet again though people, 64 included, want to use it to attack Cellino. Hhmm wonder who is paying the club more - the recent new sponsors Clipper Logistics, the worldwide betting company or this unknown to most company.
Just posting up LUFC topics....positive or negative
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

and I do appreciate you posting this positive one.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

weasel wrote:Yep agree with Mav. Simply looks like they are trying to get more free publicity by doing this. Hope Cellino takes them to court as they have an agreement for 1 more year.

........or maybe they're just sick to death of the way Cellino treats people and don't want to be associated with this car wreck of a club anymore. They're hardly the first sponsor the club has fallen out with recently. We've only just settled with Macron and Enterprise.

Yes, great idea for Cellino to take him to court. We haven't yet wasted enough of the club's money on legal fees. We can just add the date to the long liist of other court dates that our esteemed leader already has in his diary.

YES, I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A STUCK RECORD.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Durly wrote:........or maybe they're just sick to death of the way Cellino treats people and don't want to be associated with this car wreck of a club anymore. They're hardly the first sponsor the club has fallen out with recently. We've only just settled with Macron and Enterprise.

Yes, great idea for Cellino to take him to court. We haven't yet wasted enough of the club's money on legal fees. We can just add the date to the long liist of other court dates that our esteemed leader already has in his diary.

YES, I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A STUCK RECORD.
Seriously I don't know why you bother mate, this forum stinks now, the support of cellino is disgusting!

Time and time again people are distancing themselves from this crook!
And it's always a non story!

Cellino is looking at a prison sentence and its the Italian courts that are corrupt!

Cellino gets found guilty for discrimination against a women that's been at this club for years and it's her that's kicking up a fuss!!

It's got to a stage that these people are a disgrace to the club just like cellino!!
Taking into account that they very rarely step foot in elland road, just give their uneducated view that everything is fine at Leeds!

I'm out
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

such a non-story

meanwhile clipper and 32Red have upped their sponsorship of Leeds...
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Seriously I don't know why you bother mate, this forum stinks now, the support of cellino is disgusting!

Cellino is looking at a prison sentence and its the Italian courts that are corrupt!

Cellino gets found guilty for discrimination against a women that's been at this club for years and it's her that's kicking up a fuss!!

It's got to a stage that these people are a disgrace to the club just like cellino!!
Taking into account that they very rarely step foot in elland road, just give their uneducated view that everything is fine at Leeds!

I'm out
Wow, that is more than a bit harsh wolfie. This forum is probably the most even-handed of the Leeds sites out there. Apparently that bothers you, and for that I am sorry it does.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Seriously I don't know why you bother mate, this forum stinks now, the support of cellino is disgusting!

I'm out

Above is all that is wrong with the anti MC bunch for me, if you don't think the owner is the devil you are stupid and never go.

Wind your neck in wolfe
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I simply support Leeds and want to help the team rather than contribute to them playing worse. For years the atmosphere at ER has stunk and made it harder for the team to win home matches. ER used to be a fortress but fans need to forget the past and get behind this team and that includes the guy running the club. The Time To Go crew have made us more of a laughing stock than we had already become.

Like I said some fans want to turn everything into a slant against MC. Yes he has made mistakes, f*ck ups etc. He has made bold promises that have proved more difficult to achieve than he thought but at the end of the day he is the chairman, it is up to him to decide whether to invest on improving the team or flogging off all our better players and hounding him to go will not make him likelier to improve the team. Hounding him to go when there are no buyers lined up is only going to result in one thing and that is he sale of players so MC recoups his investment.

We have had 2 big investors come in to sponsor the club in the last month and 1 minor sponsor deciding to generate some free publicity for himself and his bathroom business by making a big song about pulling out of sponsoring the tunnel. No doubt the Time To Go boys will all be sh*tting in new toilets tonight.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

I'm out

see ya wolfie missing you already , would you like me to pass your dummy back or is it staying out this time , well done leon for keeping us updated on all thing leeds be it positive or negative , the amount of matches leeds have had on tv over the past few seasons has given crosswater more publicity than paying for a prime time tv advert so its there loss , I know steve parkin (clipper)from his time at guiseley and he is a sound bloke who wont jump ship for a few lines in the media ,

this board is by far the best , views on all subjects are respected and posted with intelligence , if you don't like other peoples opinions don't read them , if there not your views "so what " live and let live
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

weasel wrote:I simply support Leeds and want to help the team rather than contribute to them playing worse. For years the atmosphere at ER has stunk and made it harder for the team to win home matches. ER used to be a fortress but fans need to forget the past and get behind this team and that includes the guy running the club. The Time To Go crew have made us more of a laughing stock than we had already become.

Like I said some fans want to turn everything into a slant against MC. Yes he has made mistakes, f*ck ups etc. He has made bold promises that have proved more difficult to achieve than he thought but at the end of the day he is the chairman, it is up to him to decide whether to invest on improving the team or flogging off all our better players and hounding him to go will not make him likelier to improve the team. Hounding him to go when there are no buyers lined up is only going to result in one thing and that is he sale of players so MC recoups his investment.

We have had 2 big investors come in to sponsor the club in the last month and 1 minor sponsor deciding to generate some free publicity for himself and his bathroom business by making a big song about pulling out of sponsoring the tunnel. No doubt the Time To Go boys will all be sh*tting in new toilets tonight.
And for you newer forum participants, Weasel is remarkably consistent in his views of ownership. Go back and check out old posts when Ken Bates was all the rage to rage about. I was on the raging end of con-man Ken. Weasel is always Leeds United first and foremost, and myself have learned from him about taking a more even-approach to such things.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

To some degree it isn't whether I/you like or dislike a chairman it is simply that hounding them out will not achieve anything but will harm the club. If there were buyers lining up to buy the club then yes I would probably prefer some of them to MC but all I see are chancers with limited cash - certainly not enough to realistically achieve anything.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Crude wrote:And for you newer forum participants, Weasel is remarkably consistent in his views of ownership. Go back and check out old posts when Ken Bates was all the rage to rage about. I was on the raging end of con-man Ken. Weasel is always Leeds United first and foremost, and myself have learned from him about taking a more even-approach to such things.
Fair enough. We're all entitled to our opinions and views. Not slagging anyone off for that. Can't for a minute understand them, but I suspect it's the same the other way round. :tup:

I love the club too.......very much.......43 years a supporter. I would love to see us back where we belong, challenging for honours again but, ultimately, I would settle for seeing us run in a sensible way like so many other clubs are, rather than the continual soap opera and circus we've become. I don't enjoy being so vitriolic about our owners.......far from it......but I find everything about the club thoroughly depressing currently and that is down to the current (and, in fairness, previous - going back about 10 years) regimes.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

weasel wrote:To some degree it isn't whether I/you like or dislike a chairman it is simply that hounding them out will not achieve anything but will harm the club. If there were buyers lining up to buy the club then yes I would probably prefer some of them to MC but all I see are chancers with limited cash - certainly not enough to realistically achieve anything.
I disagree with that, Weasel (respectfully).

If it really is only "potless chancers" who are showing any interest in the club, we have to ask why that is. We are the biggest one club city in England by a country mile. The economy in Leeds is great compared to many other places. The city has a huge catchment area and the club has a great, great history. Yet other clubs can attract rich owners who can invest decent money into their squads while we struggle and only seem to get those "potless chancers". There have, of course, been numerous rumours of people with big money (right back to when Bates was in charge) enquiring......some doing due dilligence....and then running a mile. Why is that?
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Durly wrote:I disagree with that, Weasel (respectfully).

If it really is only "potless chancers" who are showing any interest in the club, we have to ask why that is. We are the biggest one club city in England by a country mile. The economy in Leeds is great compared to many other places. The city has a huge catchment area and the club has a great, great history. Yet other clubs can attract rich owners who can invest decent money into their squads while we struggle and only seem to get those "potless chancers". There have, of course, been numerous rumours of people with big money (right back to when Bates was in charge) enquiring......some doing due dilligence....and then running a mile. Why is that?
Largely because Bates and the previous people in charge creating such a mess and maze of the financials, that any sane and rich person would rightly stay away from such a finger trap. Ridsdale created the mess, Bates created the maze, GFH furthered the mess, and Cellino is trying figure the mess out. It was his mistake for diving in, but he is here and there isn't anyone with big money lining up to take over as far as I can see. Leeds Fans United (the fan ownership scheme), nary a peep from them.

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It certainly is strange. Like you say on paper what a great investment opportunity - 1 club city, world famous, popular with tv companies etc.

The trouble I see, and there has to be something, would presumably lay in the lack of off field assets namely Elland Road Stadium and Thorp Arch and possibly debts that we don't know about (some may be the ones that people have hinted about in the past).

As such perhaps only MC with his supposed lack of due diligence are/were the only person(s) willing to buy the club.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:well done leon for keeping us updated on all thing leeds be it positive or negative
Thank you Bert

This thread has certainly liven up things on here, sometimes we need a topic with a bit of needle :wink: I do my best to to keep MOT interesting :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm out
Hey Wolfie, not all of us look upon Cellino with rose-tinted spectacles. It took me some time to realise how poor his long term thinking is, he has never believed in stability in all his time in football as he prepared to dismiss managers he appoints within months. You have to question his recruitment policy, he's the one who continues to make errors in this department which is holding our club back. If he employs Gary Monk which would be a step forward in my book he needs to learn not to interfere by backing the new manager & letting him get on with the job in hand on his own terms.
As for some of Cellino's unprofessionalism at times our club has become a joke with football fans away from Leeds United. I was conversing with Sheff Wed, Hull City & Brighton fans at our bowls club this afternoon & the questions asked are "what is going with Leeds United" & "your chairman is crazy", amazing really when other fans are commenting on our boardroom antics
Anyway Wolfie we all have different opinions & as Dan has already said this forum has more varied views & is well-balanced than many other Leeds sites even if i don't agree with certain opinions myself :wink: