Marko...WHY ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Marco...WHY ?

Post by patlufc »

Twiggster wrote:FFS everyone. It's a messageboard. Sticks and stones, etc. TYPED WORDS should not hurt anyone.

Riot is a master fisherman on here and has thrown out a shipload of bait since he has been on here. If he can't handle the catch and stops posting, that is up to him. :roll:

Agreed that Marco is blunt and to the point, but he has replied honestly to W.R. as far as I can see? :duno:
As posted above - it is Riot's problem. Not Marco's or MOT Forum's problem.

If WR wishes to stop posting, that is his prerogative. I'll miss the angling and biting :lol:
Double standards spring to mind!! Only last night you said about a poster having a warning for insulting other posters yet when its pointed out that a poster has been insulted you say he was fishing for it! !!!
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

patlufc wrote:
Double standards spring to mind!! Only last night you said about a poster having a warning for insulting other posters yet when its pointed out that a poster has been insulted you say he was fishing for it! !!!

There are obviously special cases on here though pat :wink: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:

There are obviously special cases on here though pat :wink: :bear:
Five minute wonders who set out to cause trouble BB
gessa

Post by gessa »

WOW, This thread is so wrong in my opinion, bordering on victimisation, other posters have upset and offended others on here without having a thread started about them. I fully understand that people on here who consider Riot as a friend are upset about his decision but this isn't right. Marko is an aggressive poster not only to Riot but others too and I have asked him to calm it down before as did Guildford White with the troll comment, if others had an issue with the comment then responding on that thread was the way to deal with it or take it to admin if it deeply offended you. I'm not taking sides on this and sincerely hope Riot as a change of heart and doesn't stop posting. Already one insult has been aimed at Marko please no more insults aimed at him or Riot..
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

gessa wrote:WOW, This thread is so wrong in my opinion, bordering on victimisation, other posters on here have upset and offended others on here without having a thread started about them. I fully understand that people on here who consider Riot as a friend are upset about his decision but this isn't right. Marko is an aggressive poster not only to Riot but others too and I have asked him to calm it down before as did Guildford White with the troll comment, if others had an issue with the comment then responding on that thread was the way to deal with or take it to admin if it deeply offended you. I'm not taking sides on this and sincerely hope Riot as a change of heart and doesn't stop posting. Already one insult has been aimed at Marko please no more insults aimed at him or Riot..
Brilliant post Gessa. Well said.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Twiggster wrote:FFS everyone. It's a messageboard. Sticks and stones, etc. TYPED WORDS should not hurt anyone.

Riot is a master fisherman on here and has thrown out a shipload of bait since he has been on here. If he can't handle the catch and stops posting, that is up to him. :roll:

Agreed that Marco is blunt and to the point, but he has replied honestly to W.R. as far as I can see? :duno:
As posted above - it is Riot's problem. Not Marco's or MOT Forum's problem.

If WR wishes to stop posting, that is his prerogative. I'll miss the angling and biting :lol:

RIOT IS NOT A FISHERMAN.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gurj wrote:Leon, your one of the best posters on here for sure, and a gent, wouldn't even dream of questioning that.

So not surprised to see you defend a friend

I think the difference is that you and a few others have actually met WR and he is obviously a far nicer person in the flesh that he's Internet persona present him as.

I appreciate that he has a right to state a different viewpoint to me and others but it was the manner in which he stated he's views that riled not only myself and several other members. He wrote posts deliberatley provoking a heated reaction and thus, I for one find it bemusing that, now he got that intended reaction, he tells you he can't take it.........

I've never mate him mate..in fact I've never met anyone here or waccoe. I've also not been to a game since 1998. He never once used that fact against me. He never patronised me, belittled me or insulted me. What he did was challenge me, which is exactly what he was doing to all of those who took the herd mentality. the biased point of view so prevalent on other forums will now take greater root here...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

patlufc wrote:

who was that?
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Faaip he may not have done those things to you but he certainly did to several others which is why I cannot agree to Marko being castigated when all he did was to respond back to WR's posts. If you are going dish it out, be prepared to take it back.....
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

faaip wrote:

who was that?
Sorry not willing to say who it was as it is irrelevant.
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

patlufc wrote:
Lost me there Pat? :duno:
And for the record, I've not actually seen any "personal abuse" from Marco or anyone, to WR.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Twiggster wrote:
And for the record, I've not actually seen any "personal abuse" from Marco or anyone, to WR.
Really? Open your eyes then :roll: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
You must be turning a blind eye then :shock:
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

Twiggster wrote:

Well you obviously have a short memory and maybe you need to go to specsavers!!!
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:
You must be turning a blind eye then :shock:

Don't think so mate. Then again, I have been offline recently. No formal complaints to the mod team that I'm aware of, although they have asked Marco to tone down his manner of posting I hear from Gessa, in his excellent post here. :tup:

I also agree with Gurj's thoughts above on this.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

gessa wrote:WOW, This thread is so wrong in my opinion, bordering on victimisation, other posters have upset and offended others on here without having a thread started about them. I fully understand that people on here who consider Riot as a friend are upset about his decision but this isn't right. Marko is an aggressive poster not only to Riot but others too and I have asked him to calm it down before as did Guildford White with the troll comment, if others had an issue with the comment then responding on that thread was the way to deal with it or take it to admin if it deeply offended you. I'm not taking sides on this and sincerely hope Riot as a change of heart and doesn't stop posting. Already one insult has been aimed at Marko please no more insults aimed at him or Riot..

Couldnt of said it better myself
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Can someone guide me towards where the supposed insult is? have looked around on various threads but cant find anything that remotely looks like abuse..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:

Don't think so mate. Then again, I have been offline recently. No formal complaints to the mod team that I'm aware of, although they have asked Marco to tone down his manner of posting I hear from Gessa, in his excellent post here. :tup:

I also agree with Gurj's thoughts above on this.
If Ges & GW warned Marco they must have thought he was OTT....surely mods don't warn posters on the manner of their posts
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

what a load of cobblers..christ get a grip some people :roll:
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Marco...WHY ?

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

64 what's happend to riot has he left!!!!