Bates - Greedy agent scuppers loan deal..

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
white.riot

Re: Bates - Greedy agent scuppers loan deal..

Post by white.riot »

Guildford White wrote:
Keep smiling riot, all is well at Elland Road.

Have patience and listen to Larry.

Altogether now: We have irons in the fire, we're working hard behind the scenes, I expect 2 more signings this week, every day in every way I am becoming better and better, I must I must improve my bust

I had a cracking night last night apart from the chanting which was embarrassing and destructive. I have enjoyed pre season. I expect us to make the play offs and if we don't we will have another go in 2012/13. I am therefore content. I trust Bates more than the rumours on here - surely a man who tweets for a living like yourself sees the the red tops and tory rags and the nonsense from those 'who know a bloke who knows a bloke' for what it is - junk! I trust Bates to run the club more than a bunch of folk who can shout 'out' but are unable to shout 'and here's what we'll do next'. You and the Bates out gang have been eating yourselves alive for weeks. It's got you precisely zero return beyond high blood pressure. I have no intention of joining your world. The East Stand looks majestic from the outside and football remains what it always was - a game. So yes I have a smile from ear to ear. So take the rise out of me if you like but know that it washes right over me mate cos I'm happy as Larry and as Ken says - we are a club on the up :idea:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

white.riot wrote:

I had a cracking night last night apart from the chanting which was embarrassing and destructive. I have enjoyed pre season. I expect us to make the play offs and if we don't we will have another go in 2012/13. I am therefore content. I trust Bates more than the rumours on here - surely a man who tweets for a living like yourself sees the the red tops and tory rags and the nonsense from those 'who know a bloke who knows a bloke' for what it is - junk! I trust Bates to run the club more than a bunch of folk who can shout 'out' but are unable to shout 'and here's what we'll do next'. You and the Bates out gang have been eating yourselves alive for weeks. It's got you precisely zero return beyond high blood pressure. I have no intention of joining your world. The East Stand looks majestic from the outside and football remains what it always was - a game. So yes I have a smile from ear to ear. So take the rise out of me if you like but know that it washes right over me mate cos I'm happy as Larry and as Ken says - we are a club on the up :idea:
You should organise a counter-protest mate.

"What do we want?"

"Gradual change"

"When do we want it?"

"In due course"
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Guildford White wrote:

"What do we want?"

"Gradual change"

"When do we want it?"

"In due course"

Darwin was correct surely?

ps: given that my view is the prevailing view in the board room I can simply relax with a beer and watch the rest of you plot and seethe to no avail.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

white.riot wrote:

Darwin was correct surely?

ps: given that my view is the prevailing view in the board room I can simply relax with a beer and watch the rest of you plot and seethe to no avail.
Darwin was indeed correct - but evolution is in no way gradual. It is the result of random, often quite dramatic, unpredictable mutation that leads to superior adaptation to a particular niche.

And I'll join you in that beer! :wink:
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Guildford White wrote:
Darwin was indeed correct - but evolution is in no way gradual. It is the result of random, often quite dramatic, unpredictable mutation that leads to superior adaptation to a particular niche.

And I'll join you in that beer! :wink:

That would explain why Norwich are in The Prem at least :beer:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

white.riot wrote:ps: given that my view is the prevailing view in the board room I can simply relax with a beer and watch the rest of you plot and seethe to no avail.
Hmmm, you must be an insider to know that the board room agrees with Ken. Which seat do you sit at WR? Surely they don't allow beer in the boardroom either? :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
I expect us to make the play offs
I admire your optimism WR, you are in a minority who expects us reach the play-offs, god i hope you are right as that would mean we will win more games than we lose !

Unfortunately i'm pessimistic after witnessing the performances at Sheff Wed, Southampton & last night v Bradford.
The Newcastle game doesn't count as they stood off us & allowed us to play football with no pressure

UNLESS we make a couple of quality signings in key positions i expect our form to be somewhat inconsistent
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

I also think this team is good enough to make the playoffs as is. We finished just out of it and upgraded the talent-level from the players that left. Think Simon has done an amazing job with a string and duct-tape budget. That said, we are quickly reaching (or maybe have reached) the point of diminishing returns for operating by the skin of Ken's teeth. I trust Simon and all of his staff to sort things out.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Another broken record.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

HarryofOz wrote:Another broken record.
Harry. I know '64 goes on a bit but abuse of fellow posters is not tolerated on here. :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Dr.Leeds wrote:
Harry. I know '64 goes on a bit but abuse of fellow posters is not tolerated on here. :wink:
Is my name been taken in vain again :roll: :wink:
Last edited by 1964white on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

Another day passes no new players in...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/512557682?-11130

Ken's interview in full

The old fool contradicting himself yet again :roll:
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

Guildford White wrote:

"What do we want?"

"Gradual change"

"When do we want it?"

"In due course"

bahaha! got me 'laughing out loud' :wink:

To me this is good news, regardless of the outcome... Ken Bates still drives me mad, but, like last season with the Central midfielders, we can atleast confirm that Simon has recongnised an issue and is trying to address it...

If Ken and Shaun Harvery and greedy agents and spineless players cant come to an agreement, that's their problem.. But atleast it clears Simon of being complacent..
Side Before Self, Every Time
chicagowhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by chicagowhite »

So if true what does the community have to say about this http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 83620.html
7 Years of Lies, while L-U-F-C dies

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

A quote from Mr Bates - 1984
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Can you print the mirror online out as I have ran out of toilet paper.
Silky
Manager
Manager

Post by Silky »

chicagowhite wrote:So if true what does the community have to say about this http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 83620.html
If it's true, and Simon really wanted him and Ken said no, then it's disgraceful... but i dont get upset about things printed in the mirror.
Side Before Self, Every Time
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/512557682?-11130

Ken's interview in full

The old fool contradicting himself yet again :roll:
Yeah, but what about Ken :wink:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

white.riot wrote:
Now that DID make me laff! :thup: Wicked you are WR - WICKED! :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
Ooh you are awful, but i like you :wink: