TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Silky
Manager
Manager

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS THREAD

Post by Silky »

Plus he's an old man in footballing terms. We've already got 3 CB's around 30, all of whom are good enough to get us out of this league, IMO, if they play in a settled back 4, so If Grayson's gonna bring in another central defender, I really hope it's a young one. I liked the rumour linking us with Mark Beevers from Sheff Wed... We want someone that has the potential to play in the premier league should we pull it off... Someone that can grow under the guidance of Naylor, Grayson, and Kissy...
Side Before Self, Every Time
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Silky wrote:Plus he's an old man in footballing terms. We've already got 3 CB's around 30, all of whom are good enough to get us out of this league, IMO, if they play in a settled back 4, so If Grayson's gonna bring in another central defender, I really hope it's a young one. I liked the rumour linking us with Mark Beevers from Sheff Wed... We want someone that has the potential to play in the premier league should we pull it off... Someone that can grow under the guidance of Naylor, Grayson, and Kissy...
...and Lucas!
mattj13
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by mattj13 »

In one of papers its us vs Burnley for Billy Sharp for £1m
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Twiggster wrote:Davies would be absolutely brilliant..IF we are prepared to pay his wages.
I wouldn't have thought wages would be a problem as they are likely to be somewhere similar to what McSheffrey was on.
dublinmouse
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by dublinmouse »

weasel wrote: I wouldn't have thought wages would be a problem as they are likely to be somewhere similar to what McSheffrey was on.
how much was mcsheffrey on then.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Premiership wages. Would imagine £20k+ p/w
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team

Post by PaulUSA »

The Lloyd Sam rumour keeps bubbling up today, so I've added it to the list of documented rumours in original post.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 16,00.html
Helplessly hoping
Sniffer72
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sniffer72 »

PaulUSA wrote:The Lloyd Sam rumour keeps bubbling up today, so I've added it to the list of documented rumours in original post.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 16,00.html
First RULE of doing business with Ken Bates, is you don't talk about doing business with Ken Bates.

Therefore I think the agent has talked Leeds out of this one.
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team

Post by PaulUSA »

Sniffer72 wrote: First RULE of doing business with Ken Bates, is you don't talk about doing business with Ken Bates.

Therefore I think the agent has talked Leeds out of this one.
Exactly what I was thinking when I read this.
Helplessly hoping
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Too much of a Gradel attitude....hot and cold and very temperamental...no thanks - one hothead is enough at Leeds
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

Think its just paper talk with Lloyd Sam although be nice to have another angry player leeds of old,

Heard stuff about Hooper think he is boro bound, not sure if he wants Sharp or again silly rumours,

Sobis who i have heard of could be an option if he is one on trial but i am struggling to see how we ever could get his wages when he was sold to an arab team for 10 m euros!

Heard the Koren rumour and would be nice to see him come in bit more creativity, worried about the DeMerit link as he is v slow, Kissy should come bk oct time but another month for Match Fitness, remember Leicester with kissy in the championship and he did not look terrific hopefully he may have improved, think we still need another cb, holding mf, lw and a striker, time is ticking folks training resumes this week.........................

The tale goes on

Come on Leeds
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team

Post by PaulUSA »

Jason123 wrote:Think its just paper talk with Lloyd Sam although be nice to have another angry player leeds of old,

Heard stuff about Hooper think he is boro bound, not sure if he wants Sharp or again silly rumours,

Sobis who i have heard of could be an option if he is one on trial but i am struggling to see how we ever could get his wages when he was sold to an arab team for 10 m euros!

Heard the Koren rumour and would be nice to see him come in bit more creativity, worried about the DeMerit link as he is v slow, Kissy should come bk oct time but another month for Match Fitness, remember Leicester with kissy in the championship and he did not look terrific hopefully he may have improved, think we still need another cb, holding mf, lw and a striker, time is ticking folks training resumes this week.........................

The tale goes on. Come on Leeds
Obviously, all this rumour-chasing is just idle pastime while we await hard news. Leeds management always try to do their negotiating behind the scenes, so it's highly unlikely they will tip anything off. All the rumours we hear are either wishful thinking, speculation based on needs and availability, or a leak from player/agent/other club. (Of course, some of us have cousins or good mates who know the deputy assistant first team coach who got drunk and whispered...)

Like you, I think the Hooper and Sharp rumours have been based on nothing more than initial inquiries from Leeds (if that) and will come to nothing. If we sign another striker, I'd be surprised if he's on the documented list right now.

That said, I fully agree with your thoughts on our remaining needs. Hopefully, some of these are in the works....
Helplessly hoping
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team

Post by PaulUSA »

A report saying that Billy Sharp has elected to stay put with the Blunts. Time will tell if true...

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/ ... ndex.shtml
Helplessly hoping
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

Paul Scott Donnelly has defo gone to Swansea adjust page 1
PaulUSA
First Team
First Team

Post by PaulUSA »

Jason123 wrote:Paul Scott Donnelly has defo gone to Swansea adjust page 1
Thanks! Done.
Helplessly hoping
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Looks like idle speculation. Rob Snodgrass' cousin I ask you. Was the one outstanding player for SA though and has a ready made song...

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

Anyone have any accurate info?
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Jason123 wrote:Anyone have any accurate info?
I think USA Lee is your man :mrgreen:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Jason123
First Team
First Team