QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 pm THat's ok because there is noone in their right mind on here :roflmao:
I think Brian is
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm Gnonto didn't look fit, Rodon is playing through an injury, Firpo has had a virus
If all this is true he could have started Anthony, Cresswell and Shackleton?
Last edited by whiteinfrance on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm I think Brian is
He is not the Messiah - He is a naughty boy!
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Oh well, at least I get more games for my season ticket money next season 🙄🙄🙄
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 pm Oh well, at least I get more games for my season ticket money next season 🙄🙄🙄
No you won't because we won't need the play-offs

See my earlier post
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm Gnonto didn't look fit, Rodon is playing through an injury, Firpo has had a virus
It's a virus that maybe running through the camp, as you say Gnonto not his usual self, even Summerville looked sluggish. We should have tuned up Joseph a lot earlier, Cresswell, a proven quality RCB, should have had game time.

One wonders if losing Struijk was more damaging than first thought, such a cultured CB that chips in with goals.. as does Cresswell ... you need that presence in the oppositions box at corners and FK's. Rodon doesn't give us that, neither does Paddy, so moan as we do about the quality of corners there are no targets in the box for them to aim at
Last edited by The Subhuman on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

It was more than that, there was a lack of understanding all over the pitch, so many of our passes had no structure - I must have seen at least 10 passes into a player who was taken completely by surprise and not set properly to control the ball.

It was just bizarre to watch.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 pm No you won't because we won't need the play-offs

See my earlier post
Can your earlier post change the course of the future Steve?
I’ll tell you one thing Brian.
It ain’t going to happen Dave.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 pm It's a virus that maybe running through the camp, as you say Gnonto not his usual self, even Summerville looked sluggish. We should have tuned up Joseph a lot earlier, Cresswell, a proven quality RCB, should have had game time.

One wonder if losing Struijk was more damaging than first thought, such a cultured CB that chips in with goals.. as does Cresswell ... you need that presence in the oppositions box at corners and FK's. Rodon doesn't give us that,.

No one has seemed keen on Cresswell. Don't think it has anythink to do with his devensive ability, Bielsa brought him on to do a job on Lukaku, just don't think they seem him as a ball player which managers want from a CB these days.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 pm One wonders if losing Struijk was more damaging than first thought, such a cultured CB that chips in with goals.. as does Cresswell ... you need that presence in the oppositions box at corners and FK's. Rodon doesn't give us that, neither does Paddy, so moan as we do about the quality of corners there are no targets in the box for them to aim at

Difficult the Struijk one, because we went on that incredible run without him. But you lose an option in midfield with Ampadu moving back and we've definitely lacked control in there lately.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:44 pm No one in their right mind would have predicted that scoreline.
Geronimo would have.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 pm They are gone mate, physically & mentally.

Another season in the championship will do us the world of good
No it won't, we won't have any money. We'll need to sell our best players to pay for those out on loan.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 pm Can your earlier post change the course of the future Steve?
I’ll tell you one thing Brian.
It ain’t going to happen Dave.
You're a pessimist Lionel
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:58 pm It was more than that, there was a lack of understanding all over the pitch, so many of our passes had no structure - I must have seen at least 10 passes into a player who was taken completely by surprise and not set properly to control the ball.

It was just bizarre to watch.

How often did players run into each other as well?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Or are we just poorly coached?

How often do we put together well worked passing moves?

We don't seem to have patterns of play or know whose where and when, players just arrive in a position by default.

The positioning of our cm when we sit back is ridiculous as Sky highlighted.

Think it's too easy to say it's fitness or injury issues, problems seem deeper than that.
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm Geronimo would have.
Correction: Geronimo would OF.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 pm Difficult the Struijk one, because we went on that incredible run without him. But you lose an option in midfield with Ampadu moving back and we've definitely lacked control in there lately.
I thought Struijk marshalled us beautifully when he was captain, quiet but very effective, Amps is more Sgt Ampadu
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 pm Was going to ask this from Leon or BB.

Every time the camera pans to him he's sat on his arse silent.

Does he ever get up? Give direction? Get animated beyond moaning at the 4th official?

Genuine question.
Although Farke feels angry inside, I suspect he suppresses his anger & rarely loses his rag.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 pm Awful performance back to front.

What I do not get is why certain posters suddenly come alive with a plethora of posts when we lose and have very little to say when we win. I just don’t get that perspective.

It was piss poor. Whatever happens we need to put in a proper performance in the next game because if we are destined to go into the playoffs having a springboard is pretty vital.
Ain't that just the fckin truth, w**kers.

Kinhell DF, i just don't get this at all, you comment you 'plan for games' well wtf did you plan, if you knew QPR could do this and would play just how we wanted them to, wtf was your plan ????

Since Stoke away i've been i've been bemused (fckin pissed off) with our approach to these away games.

Something has gone seriously wrong with the planning, coz no fcker seems to know the plan ????

The scoreline suggests that's our worst performance of the season, but fck me some others match it, I preferred our game when you were short on staff at the start, and then when you were building, but you've hit a feckin brickwall with this game our defence just can't play at all.

We are all at sea, and look rudderless going into the most crucial part, i've no idea what the int break has done, but it can most definitely be pinpointed to straight after it.

For the life of me i can't understand why Gruev remained on the pitch, and if DF couldn't see that that it was pisspoor from front to back and back to front, well, we're feckin doomed in the play offs.

Big changes in approach are needed, and probably in personnel anorl, we're not connecting anywhere and the oppos seem to have extra men on the field with oodles of space.

Yet we appear to have none, are way too slow, telegraphed and just predictable.

I think we're fcked.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 pm Correction: Geronimo would OF.

:lol: :lol: :lol: