Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:44 pm Though I want to see us strengthen in the LB department, and with no disrespect to Wagner, it hardly sets the pulse racing does it? Maybe we can amble along until January without a LB, but we could also be in a fine bloody mess by then too.

What I can't work out is how clubs like Southampton seem to be a bigger draw than our own. I get the mediocre London clubs like Fulham, Palace, and Brentford as they are in the big smoke, but seems players really have very little interest in joining us. It has to be something to do with the wages and terms we offer or something similar. The number of about turns we get at the last minute is really notable. Maybe I am just reading into it too much or just feeling a bit pissed off with todays events.
I'm a bit surprised that you are cool on Wagner. I know you watch MLS so I assume you have seen him play?
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Southern Clubs will always have the advantage of the bright lights of London to attract young talent.

It is a fact.

I think our best shot now is the free agent market which isn't hindered by the transfer window
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Cjay wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:50 pm What do we think we will do now?

We wanted Nketiah then De Ketelaere then spoke to Gakpo's agent but that never went beyond a conversation (that was from the player himself back in late June early July).

Then did literally nothing for months.

Then panicked 24 hours before the window shut and went for Hwang Hee-Chan whilst simultaneously shoving Dan James out the door.

Then Gakpo again, failed.

Then went for Bamba Dieng who has been available all summer with his agents apparently trying to get him a move.

Radz calls him underwhelming on twitter, OSG Nice swoop in and that is off.

We are on about plan E?

Do we cancel James move leaving us no better off and him pissed off?

Do we beg Chelsea for Pulisic?

Do we even have a plan?

I sense a panicked phone call to Wolves followed by a vastly over inflated fee for Hwang given our desperation is national news.

looks like were gonna do feck all. Even notts forest are taking Batshuayi on loan from chelsea surely he would have been a million miles better than rodrigo and bamford put together, given a run of games that guy has got strenght pace and goals in him
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Plan E which is the same as Plan A, do nothing and hope we can wing it again.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

We wanted Nketiah then De Ketelaere then spoke to Gakpo's agent but that never went beyond a conversation (that was from the player himself back in late June early July).

Then panicked 24 hours before the window shut and went for Hwang Hee-Chan whilst simultaneously shoving Dan James out the door.

Then went for Bamba Dieng who has been available all summer with his agents apparently trying to get him a move.

We are on about plan E?

Do we even have a plan?
Ludicrous Cjay.
As you say Dieng was the subject of interest in August from Newcastle, Celtic, Everton & Fulham with his agent supposedly pushing for a PL move. I’d read we showed an interest at that time too. It smacks of desperation and a lack of forethought. Was he ever really a target and then he chooses Nice over the PL :oops:
Gabolt
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Gabolt »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:20 pm Chelsea are signing everything but the kitchen sink right now. If I were Orta and Radz I would be making a late bid for Christian Pulisic on loan. After all, we cleared about $70K per week in the Dan James deal...
Not going to happen. Chelsea have slammed the door on selling or loaning Pulisic. Newcastle was still pushing up until this morning and have been rebuffed.

Tuchel, won’t play him or let him go. Nothing will happen with him before Tuchel quits or gets fired. Pulisic left Dortmund to get away from Tuchel, something strange between those two. Wonder if Tuchel has a daughter?
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Gabolt wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:55 pm Not going to happen. Chelsea have slammed the door on selling or loaning Pulisic. Newcastle was still pushing up until this morning and have been rebuffed.

Tuchel, won’t play him or let him go. Nothing will happen with him before Tuchel quits or gets fired. Pulisic left Dortmund to get away from Tuchel, something strange between those two. Wonder if Tuchel has a daughter?
You are correct. Tuchel has a weird obsession with making Pulisic miserable....He desperately needs to get away from that creep.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Draxler went on loan :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gabolt wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:55 pm Not going to happen. Chelsea have slammed the door on selling or loaning Pulisic. Newcastle was still pushing up until this morning and have been rebuffed.

Chelsea are greedy. They hold onto these players for years, as they demand too much money and they will only loan you if you sign a new contract. They've destroyed so many careers.
Gabolt
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Gabolt »

SG90 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:02 pm Chelsea are greedy. They hold onto these players for years, as they demand too much money and they will only loan you if you sign a new contract. They've destroyed so many careers.
Boehly said he wouldn’t entertain a loan unless he extended contract. Pulisic agreed to extend and they then told him no loans, no sale. He’s in the doghouse!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We are on about plan E?

Do we even have a plan?

I sense a panicked phone call to Wolves followed by a vastly over inflated fee for Hwang given our desperation is national news.
What a complete & utter mess.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Some talk on Twitter around Joel Piroe from Swansea. Not willing to do the research other than 52 games 24 goals. Do we really want to be doing last minute deals with Swansea?
Last edited by andrewjohnsmith on Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:40 pm Some talk around Joel Piroe from Swansea. Not willing to do the research other than 52 games 24 goals. Do we really want to be doing last minute deals with Swansea?
Beren Cross "Not understood to be under consideration"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:21 pm What a complete & utter mess.
Sadly no one is surprised.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Fair enough go for players on deadline day, more likely to get a cheaper deal but don’t take to twitter talking about deals that haven’t gone through. Completely embarrassing today and his tweet could of swayed bamba to another club. Very unprofessional and disappointing. I hope James is on his way back to Leeds.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:52 pm I'm a bit surprised that you are cool on Wagner. I know you watch MLS so I assume you have seen him play?
Hey Paul, don't get me wrong, he's a good footballer (caveat unproven in PL and gives me some Kristensen vibes, for better and worse), and after-all a LB is much needed but a talisman striker is worth it's weight in gold. I am not cool on Wagner at all, I hope he comes. But striker is a big glaring hole, for me.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Radz needs to learn to keep his big trap shut . Totally unprofessional and too full of his own ego . He probably doesn't even realize what a stupid numpty he's made himself look and it's embarrassing for all connected with Leeds United .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Next home game programme should be an interesting read, given it's against Florist who have bought every player under the sun.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He can't help himself.

No self awareness from him or Kinnear.

No admittance of errors.

Just pure arrogance
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Definitely screwed up. Freudian slip there.
Executed targets at a very early stage. Eh!