Recommended TV Drama

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14626
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by hector »

I got fed up after series 2
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by The Subhuman »

I only got 15 minutes into episode 1 ... not very good
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8201
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by Mrs64 »

Beyond Paradise, a lovely, gentle series filmed in Looe, Cornwall.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7493
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 31, 2026 6:52 am Watched the Peaky Blinders movie last night, fell asleep a few times which says it all 😴
Absolutely awful film.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by The Subhuman »

Mrs64 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 7:01 am Beyond Paradise, a lovely, gentle series filmed in Looe, Cornwall.
I like that, might be a bit too gentle for some though. There's not even a murder every episode.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by The Subhuman »

Shrinking on Apple with Harrison Ford is top class...

Brockmire is on Netflix now for those who like descriptive close to the bone humour, risque humour
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by The Subhuman »

Pluribus - Apple
Fallout - Prime
Beyond Paradise - BBC1
Small Prophets - BBC1
Prime Target - Apple
Criminal Record - Prime (Cush Jumbo and Peter Capaldi)
Bad Monkey - Prime (Carl Hiaasen adaptation and a good one)
Wednesday - Netflix
Red Eye 1 and 2 - ITVX
Young Sherlock - Prime (excellent after a dodgy first couple)
Down Cemetary Road - Apple (Emma Thompson, Ruth Wilson)
Silo - Apple
Monarch - Legacy of Monsters - Apple (if you like your Kong/Godzilla stuff)
Last Thing He Told Me - Apple - (Jennifer Garner)
Running Point (Kate Hudson and the new boss of a major league basketball team) new series this month. Sitcom basically but good one
Slow Horses - Apple (Gary Oldman Spy series)
Invasion - Apple - (Great sci fi)
Constellation - Apple (Surreal but brilliant sci fi. Noomi Rapace)
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Apr 05, 2026 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by whiteswan »

Mrs64 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 7:01 am Beyond Paradise, a lovely, gentle series filmed in Looe, Cornwall.
One of our favourites Jill.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8201
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by Mrs64 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 10:01 am I like that, might be a bit too gentle for some though. There's not even a murder every episode.
Not predictable with clever storylines.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8201
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by Mrs64 »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 10:16 am One of our favourites Jill.
We love Beyond Paradise & Doc Martin, especially as we visit Looe & Port Isaac several times.

Those series are true to the location, with plenty of clangers down there. :)
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by The Subhuman »

Mrs64 wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 10:19 am Not predictable with clever storylines.
Good casting too...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11769
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by Barlow Boy »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 10:16 am Pluribus - Apple
Fallout - Prime
Beyond Paradise - BBC1
Small Prophets - BBC1
Prime Target - Apple
Criminal Record - Prime (Cush Jumbo and Peter Capaldi)
Bad Monkey - Prime (Carl Hiaasen adaptation and a good one)
Wednesday - Netflix
Red Eye 1 and 2 - ITVX
Young Sherlock - Prime (excellent after a dodgy first couple)
Down Cemetary Road - Apple (Emma Thompson, Ruth Wilson)
Silo - Apple
Monarch - Legacy of Monsters - Apple (if you like your Kong/Godzilla stuff)
Last Thing He Told Me - Apple - (Jennifer Garner)
Running Point (Kate Hudson and the new boss of a major league basketball team) new series this month. Sitcom basically but good one
Slow Horses - Apple (Gary Oldman Spy series)
Invasion - Apple - (Great sci fi)
Constellation - Apple (Surreal but brilliant sci fi. Noomi Rapace)
Jeez, do you ever go out Sub?

I couldn’t watch that much television, I can barely sit still for 5 minutes.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 10:55 am Jeez, do you ever go out Sub?

I couldn’t watch that much television, I can barely sit still for 5 minutes.
Neither can I. I'm ADHD but not much to do here so not a lot of choice. I tend to have TV on while doing other stuff so I'm listening more than sat watching...

Right now I'm reading MOT on a laptop have the cricket muted on a tablet and the TV on "watching the latest Beyond Paradise atm
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11769
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by Barlow Boy »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 11:35 am Neither can I. I'm ADHD but not much to do here so not a lot of choice. I tend to have TV on while doing other stuff so I'm listening more than sat watching...

Right now I'm reading MOT on a laptop have the cricket muted on a tablet and the TV on "watching the latest Beyond Paradise atm
My Mrs and neighbours reckon there is something not right about me, as I’m always on the go doing something. To be fair, I’ve got the snooker on, a toastie brewing for lunch and clearing out one of the bedrooms.

I thought about you this morning, no not in that way, but I’m going to have a crack at some painting and decorating. I haven’t picked up a paintbrush since infant school, so it could get messy.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 11:54 am My Mrs and neighbours reckon there is something not right about me, as I’m always on the go doing something. To be fair, I’ve got the snooker on, a toastie brewing for lunch and clearing out one of the bedrooms.

I thought about you this morning, no not in that way, but I’m going to have a crack at some painting and decorating. I haven’t picked up a paintbrush since infant school, so it could get messy.
Good luck .. all about the prep...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9720
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by CUSSIE01 »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 12:01 pm Good luck .. all about the prep...
Like a colonoscopy 😮
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155153
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 11:35 am Neither can I. I'm ADHD but not much to do here so not a lot of choice. I tend to have TV on while doing other stuff so I'm listening more than sat watching...

Right now I'm reading MOT on a laptop have the cricket muted on a tablet and the TV on "watching the latest Beyond Paradise atm
Sounds like me on three devices simultaneously. :lol:
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11769
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by Barlow Boy »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 12:01 pm Good luck .. all about the prep...
Cheers, I am an absolute complete amateur with this, but I’m going to give it a go. No pressure time wise, so it’s one step at a time.

I’ve been reading up about wiping the walls down with sugar soap etc, I didn’t realise there was different paints, emulsions, matts, silks the list goes on.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by The Subhuman »

Barlow Boy wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 1:47 pm Cheers, I am an absolute complete amateur with this, but I’m going to give it a go. No pressure time wise, so it’s one step at a time.

I’ve been reading up about wiping the walls down with sugar soap etc, I didn’t realise there was different paints, emulsions, matts, silks the list goes on.
Ouch, what's on the walls now?

I can tell you don't buy dulux from B&Q .... it's awful paint
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6704
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Recommended TV Drama

Post by Finnatic »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sun Apr 05, 2026 1:58 pm Ouch, what's on the walls now?

I can tell you don't buy dulux from B&Q .... it's awful paint
He’s got wood chip wallpaper and three coats of gloss over it 😁
Post Reply