QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by JoeDenver »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:01 pm Good post DDB and agree with your points.

For me Meslier is dreadful, but occasionally pulls off a great save. I have my doubts about Darlow. KK like CC and MJ has not been given a fair chance, but should have been.

But as you say Farke will not give them a chance unless his hand is forced by injury, suspension and lastly desperation.

We'll soon be at the stage where desperation will take priority and I'll predict that we'll see some crazy choices by Farke when the chips are down.
For me, it was desperate a while ago and alternative choices were imperative. And while I just put forth logical lineup alternatives, something tells me Farke will remain steadfast in the lineup that’s got him this far. I hope I’m wrong, but past is prelude…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:09 pm Excuse the edit: but I AM more qualified than Farke. For instance, I very much doubt he could do a chest decompression, let alone perform a laryngoscopy.

Whereas I am quite capable of sending out a football team to lose 4-0.
I’d edit that again and include “I am more than qualified as I know how to send a team out to play lose passes that will inevitably see us loose”.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:09 pm Excuse the edit: but I AM more qualified than Farke. For instance, I very much doubt he could do a chest decompression, let alone perform a laryngoscopy.

Whereas I as quite capable of sending out a football team to lose 4-0.
But you wouldn't be able to send out a team to get beat 7-0, 6-0, 6-2 and 5-1 OB and still get praised on here :)

Cos the genius Bielsa did :lol:

And I also guarantee you that nobody on here could talk as much shite as Jesse Marsch, although there have been some valiant attempts :clap:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 pm I’d edit that again and include “I am more than qualified as I know how to send a team out to play lose passes that will inevitably see us loose”.
Jay, I hop yor not loosin it mayte?

Loadsa miles in this one :love:
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 pm I’d edit that again and include “I am more than qualified as I know how to send a team out to play lose passes that will inevitably see us loose”.
Thank you. My bad.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 pm But you wouldn't be able to send out a team to get beat 7-0, 6-0, 6-2 and 5-1 OB and still get praised on here :)

Cos the genius Bielsa did :lol:

And I also guarantee you that nobody on here could talk as much shite as Jesse Marsch, although there have been some valiant attempts :clap:
Damn you, you Bulgaria habiting swine.
Last edited by Orange Box on Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:17 pm Jay, I hop yor not loosin it mayte?

Loadsa miles in this one :love:
Can’t see miles … couple of foot maybe.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:09 pm Excuse the edit: but I AM more qualified than Farke. For instance, I very much doubt he could do a chest decompression, let alone perform a laryngoscopy. Don’t even go there on who would do the better thoracotomy.

Whereas I am quite capable of sending out a football team to lose 4-0.
I can also drink coffee and eat cake- he is just a big timer.

Sacking Farke having achieved 90 points is a ridiculous concept in my opinion. Do I think he is untouchable - No.
if we do not go up I would be hugely surprised if he is not in charge next season. Although the board will expect nothing less than promotion so he cannot afford to lose touch with the top 2. He has set the bar for expectation.

Would I swap him for McKenna - without a doubt. What he has achieved and the way Ipswich play is rather special.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 pm Damn you, you Bulgaria habiting swine.
:) too much of the good life OB
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:23 pm I can also drink coffee and eat cake- he is just a big timer.

Sacking Farke having achieved 90 points is a ridiculous concept in my opinion. Do I think he is untouchable - No.
if we do not go up I would be hugely surprised if he is not in charge next season. Although the board will expect nothing less than promotion so he cannot afford to lose touch with the top 2. He has set the bar for expectation.

Would I swap him for McKenna - without a doubt. What he has achieved and the way Ipswich play is rather special.
I'd agree with that and the fact that we probably can't afford to sack him.

If he takes us up then we are gonna struggle, but he's at least achieved our first objective, and most importantly it will ease our financial woes.

As you say DDB, if we stay down the expectation will be that we coast through to the autos, and as soon as there's any sign that this won't occur he'll be jettisoned.

I think it will be way harder for him next year, as most of our better quality players, that he relies on so much, will be gone and the players that we can afford to recruit won't be of the standard of: Rodon, Rutter, Summerville and Gnonto that's for sure. We're back to bin dipping if we stay in the Championship and I hope people remember the days of Eunan O Kane, Noel Useless Hunt, Laurens De Bock, Matthew Pennington, etc, cos that will be coming back the longer we stay down here.

Pie and mash football incoming, with a cup of Bovril to wash it down :)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

JoeDenver wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:10 pm For me, it was desperate a while ago and alternative choices were imperative. And while I just put forth logical lineup alternatives, something tells me Farke will remain steadfast in the lineup that’s got him this far. I hope I’m wrong, but past is prelude…
Joe - there are two ways you deal with a loss of form, you either trust your players and believe you can play though the malaise or you can chop and change. Most managers go with the former, if you drop experienced players and let’s put the loss of form into perspective most of the team have dropped off. You are effectively pointing the finger at certain individuals - the dressing room and confidence is a fragile place at the best of times.
If we were not playing for anything then nothing is lost by switching things around. Hence why cup ties are generally used for such purposes or if we were mid table he would be looking at next season. The here and now is a different kettle of fish.
This is going to the last game of the season. Even if Ipswich beat Coventry if they lose the last fixture and we win - we go up unless they beat Coventry by a cricket score.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:33 pm I'd agree with that and the fact that we probably can't afford to sack him.

If he takes us up then we are gonna struggle, but he's at least achieved our first objective, and most importantly it will ease our financial woes.

As you say DDB, if we stay down the expectation will be that we coast through to the autos, and as soon as there's any sign that this won't occur he'll be jettisoned.

I think it will be way harder for him next year, as most of our better quality players, that he relies on so much, will be gone and the players that we can afford to recruit won't be of the standard of: Rodon, Rutter, Summerville and Gnonto that's for sure. We're back to bin dipping if we stay in the Championship and I hope people remember the days of Eunan O Kane, Noel Useless Hunt, Laurens De Bock, Matthew Pennington, etc, cos that will be coming back the longer we stay down here.

Pie and mash football incoming, with a cup of Bovril to wash it down :)
I understand all the concerns for next season, much will depend on the budget. We will very likely lose Summerville and Gnonto. Rutter will depend on the size of an offer, we cannot make a loss on him, so I think he stays and I suspect he will not be adverse to staying. Meslier may also move on - despite your views he is well regarded and clubs will be aware that he represents pure profit for us. We will find it difficult to turn down a decent offer and I think he will want to move.
Bamford will stay and Cooper will probably get another year - depends on Cooper.

The loans are an issue, we may strike lucky and sell one or two but they will be all out on loan again. We should get something for Harrison also. It is not as bad as you think.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 pm I understand all the concerns for next season, much will depend on the budget. We will very likely lose Summerville and Gnonto. Rutter will depend on the size of an offer, we cannot make a loss on him, so I think he stays and I suspect he will not be adverse to staying. Meslier may also move on - despite your views he is well regarded and clubs will be aware that he represents pure profit for us. We will find it difficult to turn down a decent offer and I think he will want to move.
Bamford will stay and Cooper will probably get another year - depends on Cooper.

The loans are an issue, we may strike lucky and sell one or two but they will be all out on loan again. We should get something for Harrison also. It is not as bad as you think.
I hope you're right, but prefer that we go up and we're in a stronger position and maybe keep Jimmy and Willy .

Any decent offer for Meslier and I would snap the buyer's hand off before they think twice.

Go up and we can ditch Cooper, and Bamford no problem.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm I won't debate Orta as I thought he was a pretty useless arrogant tosser focused on his own reputation and his desire to sign the next big thing for his own reputation over just the right player.

But I don't think his signings were s**t at this level at all.

Neither should they be given what they cost.
Which apart from Geo was f**k all ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:23 pm I can also drink coffee and eat cake- he is just a big timer.

I agree it's highly unlikely he gets sacked if we don't go up.

All be it I do think that was the objective and I don't think the owners will be at all impressed if we don't given the financial backing he's had (I've never felt as some have that this was a 2 season thing).

But I think the precarious finances will save him.

I would hope though at the very least the performances of plenty of none Championship experienced coaches in the league this season would give the owners a chance to rethink this domestic criteria they apparently preferred last summer (very very old fashioned thinking).

And that down the line it wouldn't be a primary consideration.

Is a discussion on another forum about whether we would likely be better under DF 2nd season and the consensus is no unless we have a spectacular window in the summer (promotion not achieved of course).

Logic being unlike with certain coaches and styles this style isn't reliant on system being king and repetitive coaching making it better and slicker and more effective and players get better at it over time.

It's very individual based and chances are we'd have a less talented squad next season so every chance its worse.

What you think?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 pm Which apart from Geo was f**k all ..
Is this a debate about in general or whose left?

Apart from James and to a lesser degree Firpo (all be it a £13mil full back at this level is phenomenally expensive).

Possibly right.

In general he spent a fortune on quite a lot of crap.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

If we don’t go up tbh don’t care who leaves providing we are financially stable and able to make some moves in the market
The one thing I have disliked this season is our lack of play as a unit, gaps all over the place and easy to play against, particularly down the middle
Even against Boro Howson (didn’t know he was still playing) and Obrien controlled things for a long while
Same with the Hull midfield and even Millwall to a certain degree
Sunder land and Blackburn solid in the final third
We never have long spells of composed control
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Phild wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:52 pm The one thing I have disliked this season is our lack of play as a unit, gaps all over the place and easy to play against, particularly down the middle
Centre-midfield is weak, Kamara & Gruev would be scary in the PL.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 pm I understand all the concerns for next season, much will depend on the budget. We will very likely lose Summerville and Gnonto. Rutter will depend on the size of an offer, we cannot make a loss on him, so I think he stays and I suspect he will not be adverse to staying. Meslier may also move on - despite your views he is well regarded and clubs will be aware that he represents pure profit for us. We will find it difficult to turn down a decent offer and I think he will want to move.

I can only see Summerville & Gnonto wanting to move on, I assume we acquire decent money for them both, giving us the opportunity to build a more balanced team. The signature of Rodon will be dependent on any offers Spurs receive. Clubs don't need to spend a fortune to get out this league.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

JoeDenver wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:10 pm For me, it was desperate a while ago and alternative choices were imperative. And while I just put forth logical lineup alternatives, something tells me Farke will remain steadfast in the lineup that’s got him this far. I hope I’m wrong, but past is prelude…
Agree Joe :tup:

And when there is a change in terms of selection or subs it's usually wrong.