MOT's Young Player Of The 2023/24 Season (21yo or under). PLEASE VOTE AGAIN.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Young MOT's Player Of The 2023/24 Season.

Gray
56%
Gnonto
6%
Rutter
39%
Joseph
No votes

Total votes: 18

AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: MOT's Young Player Of The 2023/24 Season (21yo or under). PLEASE VOTE AGAIN.

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:21 pm Really really difficult.

In context Archie has been immense because of his age because he's been asked to play in unfamiliar positions all season and because of how much football he's been forced into playing.

He's been asked to do much much more than is normal for any talented 17/18 year old even the ones who became superstars like Mbappe and Bellingham.

So for that reason he deserves a vote.

Gnonto had he not been ignored for the 1dt half of the season probably has Summerville level stats and would be well in the conversation, but he wasn't so can't really vote for him.

Joseph hasn't played enough simple as that.

Georgie has struggled for a while now, he's genuinely one of the worst finishers I've ever seen and his tendency to do things t the wrong time in the wrong area are a worry.

But the way I look at it is would we have coped without Archie? Possibly.

We did cope without Gnonto and we have coped without Joseph.

It may have been better with them but we will never know.

If Georgie is off form and struggling unless Jimmy creates something we achieve fook all.

He's turned games by himself this season in much the way Pablo used to.

He's beaten Pablo on every creative metric.

He's still I think top for open play chances created in the league.

And He's been massively relied upon all season to create miracles as our slow build up has allowed 2 or 3 players to crowd him.

So I'd vote for Georgie because of those mentioned I think his overall presence has been most important and I think he's carried this teams plenty of times.
A pretty perfect assessment, Cjay--fair and balanced :clap: Not sure what they're called over there, but I'd definitely be peeking at your final essay exam if I were completing my own :lol:

Geo was my vote as well for the all of the same reasons you've outlined.
In Farke we trust...