Another daft rule!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Another daft rule!

Post by 1964white »

Another daft rule that is detrimental to the small clubs and only benefits the big clubs.

FA Cup replays will be scrapped from the first round onwards in the 2024-25 competition.

All rounds of the Emirates FA Cup will also be played on weekends, including the fifth round which has been played in midweek for the past five seasons.

The changes come as part of a new six-year agreement between the Football Association (FA) and the Premier League.
1964white

Re: Another daft rule!

Post by 1964white »

On the plus side

The Premier League has also removed its mid-season break from the calendar.

Matches will start in mid-August following a consecutive three-week summer break instead of a shorter spell of rest in the winter, with the decision coming from "expert advice from medical and technical departments".
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:35 pm Another daft rule that is detrimental to the small clubs and only benefits the big clubs.

FA Cup replays will be scrapped from the first round onwards in the 2024-25 competition.

All rounds of the Emirates FA Cup will also be played on weekends, including the fifth round which has been played in midweek for the past five seasons.

The changes come as part of a new six-year agreement between the Football Association (FA) and the Premier League.
The FA are frightened of the power the Premier rich clubs have now.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Disgraceful decision from the selfish Premier League.

Thomas Frank was moaning about replays which is a cheek given the history of Brentford as a struggling lower league club.

Tranmere statement

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/2 ... p-replays/
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

All the EFL/Non-League clubs should withdraw from the FA Cup.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well said Tranmere ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 pm Well said Tranmere ...
Just need the rest to get involved now
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Sky will reschedule games to mid-week because it suits their pockets.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 pm All the EFL/Non-League clubs should withdraw from the FA Cup.
I would back that decision 100%
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

In fact I really hope LUFC are the first to get the ball rolling, or not rolling in this case.
Imagine what an impact it would have, LU withdraw from FA cup, other teams follow suit very very quickly, FA shamed and heads roll, PL greedy bastards whimper in the corner.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 pm In fact I really hope LUFC are the first to get the ball rolling, or not rolling in this case.
Imagine what an impact it would have, LU withdraw from FA cup, other teams follow suit very very quickly, FA shamed and heads roll, PL greedy bastards whimper in the corner.
Smarmy Angus won't say word until he knows which league we are in next season.

Promoted and you won't hear a peep.

Stay down and he'll scream blue murder.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:45 pm Smarmy Angus won't say word until he knows which league we are in next season.

So true, however it would be a step in the right direction if we stepped forward now, an even bigger step if we did it in the PL, rich clubs get richer and the poor can get stuffed.
How about cutting back on so many european leagues for one , and extra teams in those competitions.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:40 pm In fact I really hope LUFC are the first to get the ball rolling, or not rolling in this case.
I would be fully behind LUFC if they took the lead to withdraw from the FA Cup.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:45 pm Smarmy Angus won't say word until he knows which league we are in next season.

The bloke is a snake!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:19 pm So true, however it would be a step in the right direction if we stepped forward now, an even bigger step if we did it in the PL, rich clubs get richer and the poor can get stuffed.
How about cutting back on so many european leagues for one , and extra teams in those competitions.
I think they are increasing more games in the European competitions next season.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:44 pm I think they are increasing more games in the European competitions next season.
Exactly, hence why theyr'e cutting back on FA replays, just so the teams in europe get richer and to hell with the lower league teams, dispicable in my opinion, I'm right behind any team that drops out of the oldest competition in the world now.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:19 pm So true, however it would be a step in the right direction if we stepped forward now, an even bigger step if we did it in the PL, rich clubs get richer and the poor can get stuffed.
Agree with all of this 👆🏻Time to make a stand
Keeping The Faith
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:00 pm Exactly, hence why theyr'e cutting back on FA replays, just so the teams in europe get richer and to hell with the lower league teams, dispicable in my opinion, I'm right behind any team that drops out of the oldest competition in the world now.
Correct mc. UEFA and FIFA are putting pressure on all football leagues to cut domestic games so that their Euro competitions are better served. Despicable. They should be told where to go....
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

It's a forlorn hope MC I'm afraid. LUFC will not step out of line and besides which for all the chuntering that others might do not one of the buggers will stand up to be counted.

The FA Cup is on the same road as the now easily forgettable domestic competition formerly known as the League Cup. Personally, the only time I pay attention to the FA Cup is while Leeds United are in (usually short lived!) and also whilst Walsall are involved (also short lived). Completely ignored the final at Wembley yesterday - not the least bit interested
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Make the Premier League teams enter at the qualifying round, see how they like playing Skelmersdale United on a Friday night!