Sky TV

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Sky TV

Post by mentalcase »

tempFileForShare_20240331-191655.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Sky TV

Post by Barlow Boy »

Amen to that, our pre match pints scheduling is all over the place 🤬🤬🤬
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:29 pm Amen to that, our pre match pints scheduling is all over the place 🤬🤬🤬
Sadly it's getting to the point where staying at home and watching on TV is beginning to look like an attractive proposition. However we shall persevere, as we always do, mainly because we're all bonkers and love giving our time and cash away in return for being totally disrespected.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:52 pm Sadly it's getting to the point where staying at home and watching on TV is beginning to look like an attractive proposition. However we shall persevere, as we always do, mainly because we're all bonkers and love giving our time and cash away in return for being totally disrespected.
I’d never stay at home, can’t imagine watching a home game on the tele.

Fortunately I’m retired, relatively close to the ground and don’t book holidays during the season so it’s not that bad but I do feel for others not as fortunate as myself.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I must be a proper mug, just forked out another £48 for the Blackburn game when I could easily watch it erm ..................

sky
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Alarm set for 04.10 for an early start, probably fall asleep in The Peacock & miss it 😴
Keeping The Faith
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:56 pm I’d never stay at home, can’t imagine watching a home game on the tele.

Fortunately I’m retired, relatively close to the ground and don’t book holidays during the season so it’s not that bad but I do feel for others not as fortunate as myself.
The point is they don't schedule matches for an 8pm KO on a Sunday night (yet) but an Easter Bank Holiday Monday is the equivalent of a Sunday night and it's totally disrespectful.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:57 pm I must be a proper mug, just forked out another £48 for the Blackburn game when I could easily watch it erm ..................

sky
At least it's still on a Saturday.

Plus given it's match day 44 and we're right in the thick of a promotion push you'd actually be crazy to not want to go :-D
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:01 pm Alarm set for 04.10 for an early start, probably fall asleep in The Peacock & miss it 😴
Should still be on the TV when you wake up.

Unless someone puts a do not resucitate sign round your neck :lol:
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:29 pm Should still be on the TV when you wake up.

Unless someone puts a do not resucitate sign round your neck :lol:
🤣🤣🤣
Keeping The Faith
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:27 pm At least it's still on a Saturday.

Plus given it's match day 44 and we're right in the thick of a promotion push you'd actually be crazy to not want to go :-D
Yea I know but it's a lot of brass almost every home game, I love the club and thats it.
As BB says , he's retired same as myself, forunately I can afford it, but I hate the messing us about, even worse are the night games like tomorrow, I have free games on my firestick but still want the match day expereince with mates having a few beers, well, quite a few really.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 pm Yea I know but it's a lot of brass almost every home game, I love the club and thats it.
As BB says , he's retired same as myself, forunately I can afford it, but I hate the messing us about, even worse are the night games like tomorrow, I have free games on my firestick but still want the match day expereince with mates having a few beers, well, quite a few really.
Tomorrow night's KO time is a right pain in the bum.

Would I go out on a Sunday night and then get to bed around 1-30am ? Well maybe 30/40 years ago but not these days and whilst you have to put up with it for the midweek games this was supposed to be a 3pm start so it's bloody annoying.

Sky do my head it and it's not like the TV games are spread fairly and evenly across the League which means the top clubs are at a disadvantage which ultimately can effect the outcome.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Unfortunately the clubs have sold their souls for the money....sod the fans. Sky can do what they like.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Sky TV. Fooking sh1t to some. Fooking Godsend to others. Definately the latter for me these days. Personally I'm far off retirement and work various shifts around the clock. I can't get to any away games and virtually my only chance of seeing us at home would be a Saturday afternoon 3pm slot so I'm very grateful we are on TV so much so I can tune in at home or at work. When I have all the time in the world and plenty of money to boot I would prefer to go to every game home and away but until then, stumpin up £20 a month for Sky Sports is most welcome.

While I can understand the frustration of others going by their comments on this subject I do think the benefits of football on TV, Leeds in particular far outweigh these frustrations. I know many people who watch Leeds and other teams on dodgy sticks for free and those like me who pay for a genuine subscription. I believe all these streams people watch illegally come via the Sky cameras. If they weren't recording the game, nobody would be watching anyone on TV end of.

In a nutshell if it wasn't Sky, it would be someone else paying for these season long rights and with that the ability to change kick off times and days at the drop of a hat. I'd prefer to voice my frustrations on the fact that national broadcasters like the BBC and ITV aren't remotely interested in bidding for any meaningful sports anymore. This is where the real anger should be directed in my opinion. And they have the brass neck to ask us to pay a mandatory licence fee for something nobody wants to watch. That is sheer lunacy and I can understand why thousands refuse to pay it.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jammy 07 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:03 pm Tomorrow night's KO time is a right pain in the bum.

Would I go out on a Sunday night and then get to bed around 1-30am ? Well maybe 30/40 years ago but not these days and whilst you have to put up with it for the midweek games this was supposed to be a 3pm start so it's bloody annoying.

Sky do my head it and it's not like the TV games are spread fairly and evenly across the League which means the top clubs are at a disadvantage which ultimately can effect the outcome.
That's the irony of it Jammy, the more successful you are the more likely the game with be moved for showing on Sky.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:55 am Sky TV. Fooking sh1t to some. Fooking Godsend to others. Definately the latter for me these days. Personally I'm far off retirement and work various shifts around the clock. I can't get to any away games and virtually my only chance of seeing us at home would be a Saturday afternoon 3pm slot so I'm very grateful we are on TV so much so I can tune in at home or at work. When I have all the time in the world and plenty of money to boot I would prefer to go to every game home and away but until then, stumpin up £20 a month for Sky Sports is most welcome.

While I can understand the frustration of others going by their comments on this subject I do think the benefits of football on TV, Leeds in particular far outweigh these frustrations. I know many people who watch Leeds and other teams on dodgy sticks for free and those like me who pay for a genuine subscription. I believe all these streams people watch illegally come via the Sky cameras. If they weren't recording the game, nobody would be watching anyone on TV end of.

In a nutshell if it wasn't Sky, it would be someone else paying for these season long rights and with that the ability to change kick off times and days at the drop of a hat. I'd prefer to voice my frustrations on the fact that national broadcasters like the BBC and ITV aren't remotely interested in bidding for any meaningful sports anymore. This is where the real anger should be directed in my opinion. And they have the brass neck to ask us to pay a mandatory licence fee for something nobody wants to watch. That is sheer lunacy and I can understand why thousands refuse to pay it.
Lots of good points there, I moan a lot about Sky changing match times but that’s purely a selfish thing as it’s almost impossible to predict when a match will be changed making it nigh impossible to book flights & hotels at a reasonable cost. Still watch all the other matches on Sky so swings and roundabouts. 6.50 am flight this morning and already in the hotel room so off for a large fry and a couple of half’s of shandy.
Keeping The Faith
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:26 am Lots of good points there, I moan a lot about Sky changing match times but that’s purely a selfish thing as it’s almost impossible to predict when a match will be changed making it nigh impossible to book flights & hotels at a reasonable cost. Still watch all the other matches on Sky so swings and roundabouts. 6.50 am flight this morning and already in the hotel room so off for a large fry and a couple of half’s of shandy.
Get down to the Moot Hall, down by the station. Lousy shandy, brilliant Leeds atmosphere. On game day there’s usually a Scandinavian brigade in there. Those guys know how to partaaaaay.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

QPR game now altered to Friday 20.00hrs
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:19 pm QPR game now altered to Friday 20.00hrs
Give us a clue on which Friday MC 😂😂😂

(I know it’s the 26th, but couldn’t resist 😁).
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:24 pm Give us a clue on which Friday MC 😂😂😂

(I know it’s the 26th, but couldn’t resist 😁).
:duno: 26th I think
Only tomorrow and last game not on live, thats around 35 games altered this season.