The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 28th March) Surgery rules duo out for remainder of season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 28th March) Surgery rules duo out for remainder of season

Post by Jaydog »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm Michalik was great, until we signed him on a permanent basis
I just remember him being like a giant.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 28th March) Surgery rules duo out for remainder of season

Post by Jaydog »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm Flashing to a roofer, whatever next, mooning in marks & sparks !!
If it gets the price down it’ll be worth it!
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am Had a roofer round this morning. He turned up with a Leeds tracky top on so I said forget the roofing problem do you think Ipswich will fade. He said they’re leaving it very late if they are going to.
There you go. Roofers know stuff. He also said my flashing was badly faded and needed replacing.
Those roofers are dodgy blokes, he’s probably looked you up on social media before coming round then taking his Leeds tracky out of his collection of 200 assorted football tops and looking up some obscure game he knew you wouldn’t have been at. Conversation - JD “ Ah, a Leeds man “ Roofer “ Of course mate and by the way your flashing is faded and needs replacing, gonna cost you £3000 “. JD “ No problem fellow Leeds supporter, would you do it for £2950 and I’ll pay you cash “ ? Roofer “ Coming to think of it your ridge tiles look dodgy “…………..
Keeping The Faith
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm If it gets the price down it’ll be worth it!
The price might go up.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Barlow Boy wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm The price might go up.
:roflmao:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm Those roofers are dodgy blokes, he’s probably looked you up on social media before coming round then taking his Leeds tracky out of his collection of 200 assorted football tops and looking up some obscure game he knew you wouldn’t have been at. Conversation - JD “ Ah, a Leeds man “ Roofer “ Of course mate and by the way your flashing is faded and needs replacing, gonna cost you £3000 “. JD “ No problem fellow Leeds supporter, would you do it for £2950 and I’ll pay you cash “ ? Roofer “ Coming to think of it your ridge tiles look dodgy “…………..
His best mate is a Manure fan. I’m beginning to get suspicious now. He also kept saying “scaffolding is very expensive. Yes it’s really expensive”. I’m not sure why plus scaffolders always piss down the side of your house in my experience. They don’t trust toilets.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

To state the obvious we need to keep winning or else we will be overtaken.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm Stoke were really poor that game tbh...
Stoke were a good example to any fan who thinks any relegated team can simply storm the division. They had some very good players, and had for the most part been a decent prem side but I think they finished nearer the bottom of the league than the top. The job that Farke has done should not be underestimated in any way.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm His best mate is a Manure fan. I’m beginning to get suspicious now. He also kept saying “scaffolding is very expensive. Yes it’s really expensive”. I’m not sure why plus scaffolders always piss down the side of your house in my experience. They don’t trust toilets.
We are supposed to be having our roof done next week (weather permitting of course), Foxy .....and the scaffolding was meant to be going up today. But, no sign as yet and given it is currently lashing it down I think there's little realistic prospect of them turning up today, now.

But when the guy was pricing up for me (and he's a mate , so I trust him) he did say scaffolding would be around the £2k figure :shock: ........didn't think big boy's Meccano was quite that much :roll:
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 pm His best mate is a Manure fan. I’m beginning to get suspicious now. He also kept saying “scaffolding is very expensive. Yes it’s really expensive”. I’m not sure why plus scaffolders always piss down the side of your house in my experience. They don’t trust toilets.
What do they do if it's a mid-terrace property ????? :duno:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 pm We are supposed to be having our roof done next week (weather permitting of course), Foxy .....and the scaffolding was meant to be going up today. But, no sign as yet and given it is currently lashing it down I think there's little realistic prospect of them turning up today, now.

But when the guy was pricing up for me (and he's a mate , so I trust him) he did say scaffolding would be around the £2k figure :shock: ........didn't think big boy's Meccano was quite that much :roll:
Interesting, Cat.
Mine has got to go up two storeys to flash round a chimney so I might revise my guess after what you’ve said. He said it’s one days lead work plus a couple of other small bits so I imagine the scaffolding will cost a fair bit more than the actual work done.
50 mph winds here today. Not scaffolding weather!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Scaffolders :roll:
How tough do they act and for what reason !!
I used to be rope access offshore in my last career, they hated us, said we were nicking their jobs, called us "dopes on ropes" , I used to call them "mechano monkeys"
When their company put them through their ropes test, only 1 out of 9 completed the course and failed, they soon came back to us saying how hard it was.
Trouble with roof works, you have absolutely no idea what they're pricing you for unless you get up there with them.
One good thing is, once you've paid for the scaffold they normally leave it for a while no matter how long the works take, in that I mean if they are only erecting the scaffold and someone else is doing the works.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Doesn't have to be the end of the road for Dallas. If he recovers, he could get a pre season try out with us. Like Byram did. He's only be a squad player now. But certainly a useful one. Of course he may have other dreams. Maybe he wants to do an Ayling and go somewhere he can be a regular. Or maybe there's another club he wants to retire with. But if he wants to stay with us, then he's certainly worth a squad place.

Strujik will be key for us next season. In either division. I see Ampadu moving back to midfield. Gyabi could be a useful squad member too. We already know there will be a rebuild if we don't get promoted. And if we do, he could be a useful back up after Farke has had more time to work with him.

Don't care what happens in the Ipswich game. I just want us to keep winning.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am Do you think if they draw people might suggest that Ipswich are fading?
This has got to stop...if nothing else, at least use a different word each time you refer to the "f" word. For example,

-weakening
-deteriorating
-worsening
-failing
-sinking
-wilting
-degenerating
-declining
-withering
-languishing
-wasting
-regressing
-relapsing

When you run out of these, come back to me.
In Farke we trust...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm This has got to stop...if nothing else, at least use a different word each time you refer to the "f" word. For example,

-weakfading
-deteriorfading
-worsefading
-fading
-sinkfading
-wading
-degenerfading
-defading
-witheringfade
-langfading
-wastfading
-refading
-relapsingfade

When you run out of fades, come back to me.
Last edited by Jaydog on Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

You're an a** and worse than one of my students, but I'll take it :lol:
In Farke we trust...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm You're an a** and worse than one of my students, but I'll take it :lol:
😁
You need to remember I was one of the few who said Ipswich wouldn’t f…
And now it’s those f…… fault that they haven’t f….
The absolute t….
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm 😁
You need to remember I was one of the few who said Ipswich wouldn’t f…
And now it’s those f…… fault that they haven’t f….
The absolute t….
That's it. We’re starting a f... intervention thread.

I think it’s time to take a long hard look in the mirror buddy. This is a safe space and we wouldn’t be doing right by you if we didn’t hold you accountable for your f..... actions.

In Farke we trust...
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm That's it. We’re starting a f... intervention thread.

I think it’s time to take a long hard look in the mirror buddy. This is a safe space and we wouldn’t be doing right by you if we didn’t hold you accountable for your f..... actions.

I think we both need help tbh
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm I think we both need help tbh
It probably does say something that your obsession has caused my obsession. Thanks for that. You're a real pal :rave:
In Farke we trust...