England kit

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: England kit

Post by mentalcase »

IMG-20240323-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20240322-WA0010.jpg
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Nike destroyed the St George's flag with a woke version to ferment civil war in the UK... even Rishi Sunak and Keir Stammer are entering the fray... So it must be serious. This could be the end of the world as we know it. Or just another conspiracy theory.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:57 am Good question.
The roast dinner kit featuring a meat & two veg logo.
Naw mate has to be Chicken Balti pie or a Vindaloo with lager. True Brit grub
IMG_20240323_142832.jpg
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:31 pm Naw mate has to be Chicken Balti pie or a Vindaloo with lager. True Brit grub
IMG_20240323_142832.jpg
Chicken Balti pie. Why have I never heard of this
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:40 pm Chicken Balti pie. Why have I never heard of this
Because you are more familiar with Pukka pies.
IMG_20240323_144916.jpg
https://oldtimemusic.com/the-meaning-be ... y-fat-les/
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:58 pm Because you are more familiar with Pukka pies.
IMG_20240323_144916.jpg

https://oldtimemusic.com/the-meaning-be ... y-fat-les/
The other pic looks more homemade to me.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:40 pm Chicken Balti pie. Why have I never heard of this
Pukka pies do a balti pie , a donner kebab pie, I think a Chinese curry pie........a kebab pie I don't dare contemplate, just doesn't sound right to me , the balti pie not too sure either . Don't mind any of those on their own , but in a pie 🤢🤮
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Prisoner37 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:28 am What you describe as Global Capitalism Sara I would argue is Global Coperateism. This is a corruption of Adam Smith's notion espoused in his Wealth of Nations.

You can of course argue that true capitalism led us to this corruption of Smith's ideal.

However the direct alternatives experimented with in Cuba, Cambodia, Venezuela, North Korea, Soviet Union and China haven't been that successful for the welfare of those populations.
Winston Churchill said that democracy is the worst form of government . Apart from all the others.......or something on those lines.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Sean_Nile wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:17 pm Scotland new Euro strip receives an enthusiastic response because it encapsulates both tradition and history.

IMG_20240322_221314.jpg
Actually the Tunnocks one isn't that bad , apart from the shorts. Certainly wouldn't clash with anything .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Sara wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:50 am If you think being 'woke', ie presumably more inclusive of diversity, is what's causing the breakdown of society, and not the corporate capture of all our institutions and the commodification of all aspects of our lives, then I can't help you. The 'culture war' bollocks is a massive distraction to keep people divided; don't fall for it. And is that the same Thatcher who said, 'there's no such thing as society'? Lol
No , I am more with you there than you think....a lot of stuff being thrown at people in an attempt to divert people , divide people so as that they do not know the bigger picture and what is really happening , with you completely there. It's just one aspect, this culture war , you then have scenarios around the world ....and here , this and the next government will just be puppets to a higher and far less accountable people , we can vote a government in or out , others we have no say in . Sham 69 once said " if the kids are united " , never have people been more divided on so many issues....and that plays out nicely for some shadowy institutions.
Or I am just paranoid 😁😁
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:30 pm No , I am more with you there than you think....a lot of stuff being thrown at people in an attempt to divert people , divide people so as that they do not know the bigger picture and what is really happening , with you completely there. It's just one aspect, this culture war , you then have scenarios around the world ....and here, global warming or not , this and the next government will just be puppets to a higher and far less accountable people , we can vote a government in or out , others we have no say in . Sham 69 once said " if the kids are united " , never have people been more divided on so many issues....and that plays out nicely for some shadowy institutions.
Or I am just paranoid 😁😁
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:30 pm No , I am more with you there than you think....a lot of stuff being thrown at people in an attempt to divert people , divide people so as that they do not know the bigger picture and what is really happening , with you completely there. It's just one aspect, this culture war , you then have scenarios around the world ....and here , this and the next government will just be puppets to a higher and far less accountable people , we can vote a government in or out , others we have no say in . Sham 69 once said " if the kids are united " , never have people been more divided on so many issues....and that plays out nicely for some shadowy institutions.
Or I am just paranoid 😁😁
I agree, your vote makes no difference, democracy is gone, if it was ever there. Agendas are set and decisions made far away from anything you'll ever see on a ballot paper. That's not being conspiratorial, it's just an observation of the state of our political institutions.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sara wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:06 pm I agree, your vote makes no difference, democracy is gone, if it was ever there. Agendas are set and decisions made far away from anything you'll ever see on a ballot paper. That's not being conspiratorial, it's just an observation of the state of our political institutions.
Apparently not registering to vote affects your credit rating ..... I'm not registered to vote, no point really. I've lived in the most solid blue seats in the country all my life, so mine has always been a wasted vote and you now need photo id to vote....

I don't give a s**t about my credit rating.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:13 pm Apparently not registering to vote affects your credit rating ..... I'm not registered to vote, no point really. I've lived in the most solid blue seats in the country all my life, so mine has always been a wasted vote and you now need photo id to vote....

Really? How on earth are they connected?

If you look at politics on a basic level I simply can’t vote for people who are multi millionaires. It’s a conflict of interests. I used to vote Green Party but don’t bother any more.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Don't shoot the messenger
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:13 pm Apparently not registering to vote affects your credit rating ..... I'm not registered to vote, no point really. I've lived in the most solid blue seats in the country all my life, so mine has always been a wasted vote and you now need photo id to vote....

Everything will get digitally linked together to mandate compliance in a Chinese style social credit system - that's the direction of travel.

I'm registered to vote, but I never do, so my 'none of the above' at least appears in the non-voter stats.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

I never miss a vote, can’t see how people can complain about things if they can’t be bothered to put a tick in a box. I know my vote will hardly make a difference but if the thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands made an effort maybe it would. Tens of millions died in the World Wars so we can go and vote, use it.
Keeping The Faith
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Sara wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:05 am Forty plus years of neoliberalism has led to the corporate control of the state political system, banking, the media, health, and the erosion of any remaining democratic leverage by the voting population.

With the increase in surveillance, the advances in digital tech, and conflict spreading across the globe, we're heading into disaster. But carry on arguing about the colour of a bit of fabric on a football shirt, that'll put the world to rights.

And no, communism is not the direct alternative to capitalism, it's just another form of authoritarian state control. The alternative to both is freedom from both.
I'm guessing that anarchy is the model that would present you with freedom from both? I do think Noam Chomsky makes an excellent argument for this, but unfortunately expecting enough human beings to not be motivated by greed or power is like expecting stags not to rut.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Orwell was a very insightful soul.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240323-174046_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240323-174046_Chrome.jpg (106.66 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:52 pm I never miss a vote, can’t see how people can complain about things if they can’t be bothered to put a tick in a box. I know my vote will hardly make a difference but if the thousands, tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands made an effort maybe it would. Tens of millions died in the World Wars so we can go and vote, use it.
Nothing to do with not being bothered, I'm withdrawing my consent and validation from a system I don't believe in. If there was a NOTA (None Of The Above) option, I'd tick that.