Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds United - Post Match Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds United - Post Match Chat

Post by 1964white »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:45 pm From reading most of the messages ( not all ) about Bamford i took it that fans were not wanting to make him into the new messiah but simply wanting to give him credit for what he has done to help the team so far this season.
But for some fans that's never going to be enough as they cant ever forget the mistakes he made in previous seasons. That stick is always being held up high and waiting to beat him with at any given time.
Some fans just cant move on which is sad :(
Indeed Greenn, they can't wait for Paddy to flop, pure jealousy because their favourites are on the bench!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Definitely a lot of Stepford Wives syndrome here ..... this could be a great forum if it allowed debate rather than ridicule ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:36 pm Definitely an insidious air here at times ... a lot of Stepford Wives syndrome.....
Ridiculous this started because a few said a player had a poor 1st half before the goal.

I've never known defending like it.

People are jealous, bitter, haters.

Literally said a player had a poor half :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:32 pm Indeed Greenn, they can't wait for Paddy to flop, pure jealousy because their favourites are on the bench!
You never answered my question

Where was this level of defence when Bamford was missing chances in the Prem and you were slagging him off?

Or earlier in the season when DF was giving him 10 mins a game and struggling? You slagged Bamford off as not good enough for more minutes, remember? It was me and a few others who said it was unfair to judge Bamford on such few minutes . . . Not you.

Crap finisher, never fit, waste of money.

I don't remember you writing out your little lists then.

Can you not see the hypocrisy acting like you were always a great fan?

But now dare say he had a poor half and you go to extreme length and brand other fans jealous and bitter or whatever

:roll:
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:14 pm I think it has more to do with the debate about whether Joseph should be starting ahead of Bamford.

For me currently, I am not suggesting that the situation won’t change, there is no debate to be had. Bamford is playing well and scoring goals. The team is in a rich vein of form and we are in the business end of the season. Under those circumstances - accumulatively. Why on earth do some want to put Joseph in ?
Because he scored two goals in a cup match against Chelsea, if he hadnt scored those goals, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Joseph is now our second choice No.9, a remarkable achievement for a lad who has had precious little competitive football experience.

Why would Farke unnecessarily gamble? I trust him not to though!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:40 pm You never answered my question

Where was this level of defence when Bamford was missing chances in the Prem and you were slagging him off?

Or earlier in the season when DF was giving him 10 mins a game and struggling? You slagged Bamford off as not good enough for more minutes, remember?

Crap finisher, never fit, waste of money.

I don't remember you writing out your little lists then.

Can you not see the hypocrisy acting like you were always a great fan?

But now dare say he had a poor half and you go to extreme length and brand other fans jealous and bitter or whatever

:roll:
Opinions change.

I can't recall slagging Paddy too much when he scored 17 goals in the PL.

I do remember saying we were weakened when Bamford & Phillips prior to our promotion when in the championship.

During his serious injury period, I didn't want Paddy anywhere near the team as he wasn't fit.

I wasn't happy with Bamford, Gnonto or Anthony in our away defeat at Stoke, all three were poor.

It was obvious the Piroe/Rutter combination wasn't working during our dodgy period in December, something needed to change.

Farke gambled on Bamford bringing him back into the first team vs Birmingham on New Year Day. Paddy bangs in the first goal & he & the Leeds team haven't looked back since.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:37 pm Ridiculous this started because a few said a player had a poor 1st half before the goal.

I've never known defending like it.

People are jealous, bitter, haters.

Literally said a player had a poor half :lol:
And you were right, because so did I and he was. We don't see eye to eye a lot of the time but we often reach the same conclusion via different routes...

BTW ... I have Kenny on ignore and it's the best way imo.. and god knows how someone can ask you if you're a Leeds fan, would have thought that was f**king obvious

As I say we're heading toward Stepford Wives territory ... We must do/post what we're told or else

I have not ridiculed anyone that has said Paddy should start, I've been ridiculed for saying Mateo should start ... despite my careful wording I use when I do ... I just think he's a better footballer and for me you start your best players ... I'm a huge fan of Charlie Cresswell but I wouldn't say he should start over Rodon as Rodon is the better player atm ..
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:36 pm Definitely a lot of Stepford Wives syndrome here ..... this could be a great forum if it allowed debate rather than ridicule ...
Where is the ridiculing?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:58 pm And you were right, because so did I and he was. We don't see eye to eye a lot of the time but we often reach the same conclusion via different routes...
Please inform me what Paddy did seriously wrong in the first-half, Faaip?

The majority of our team were a bit shoddy in the first 45 minutes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:00 pm Where is the ridiculing?
All over the place, you're probably blind to it as it's not aimed at you
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Cjay dont go banging on about favouritism. When we were looking for a new manager no one that was being linked to us seemed good enough unless it was someone you mentioned. Then you made them sound like world beaters, you brought up all the failings of the mangers that we were being linked with simply because you just didn't like them, never prepared to give them a chance.
Isn't that a sort of favouritism ? or is it just whenever it suits your agenda ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:07 pm Cjay dont go banging on about favouritism. When we were looking for a new manager no one that was being linked to us seemed good enough unless it was someone you mentioned. Then you made them sound like world beaters, you brought up all the failings of the mangers that we were being linked with simply because you just didn't like them, never prepared to give them a chance.
Isn't that a sort of favouritism ? or is it just whenever it suits your agenda ?
I've never read anything from CJay (and we used to butt heads a lot) that's been wrong. Stuff I haven't agreed with but never just wrong. I've been here a long time and I don't think CJay has an agenda either, sometimes relies on statistics more than I'd like but one of the top posters here
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:23 pm Michael is a very funny man, they all have a good sense of humour.

Dan & Michael are married with kids, unsure about Moscow. I know Dan's dad who travels to games from Bridlington.

Also, all three are Leeds blokes I believe & are season-ticket holders, Dan & Michael have worked in the radio/TV media previously.

I don't find them boring & thoroughly enjoy them, one of the best podcasts around, imo!
All about opinions and people have a right to have different ones. The squareball is one of only 2 podcasts I bother with (alongside the BBC one although I have been listening to the Bamford one too). I like the insights from Phil Hay, who generally knows his stuff unlike the chump the YEP got in to replace him. I like Moscow's sense of humour, very dry but also absurd at times. A lot of the time it does drag on a bit though and can see why some people would find it boring. Preferable though to over excited idiots or people who are so far up their own arse they are simply annoying.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:07 pm Cjay dont go banging on about favouritism. When we were looking for a new manager no one that was being linked to us seemed good enough unless it was someone you mentioned. Then you made them sound like world beaters, you brought up all the failings of the mangers that we were being linked with simply because you just didn't like them, never prepared to give them a chance.
Think you will find I highlight plenty of things about players and managers I don't like.

Allardyce, Gracia, even Marsch and Hecky.

Go check

I've defended plenty of players and managers on here including Bamford and including this season when many were saying Farke was right to give him so few minutes as he wasn't good enough for more.

Difference is I don't backtrack depending on which way the wind blows and then jump on the latest bandwagon

Faaip and I have disagreed about almost everything for years, but this is where we are similar.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:45 pm From reading most of the messages ( not all ) about Bamford i took it that fans were not wanting to make him into the new messiah but simply wanting to give him credit for what he has done to help the team so far this season.
But for some fans that's never going to be enough as they cant ever forget the mistakes he made in previous seasons. That stick is always being held up high and waiting to beat him with at any given time.
Some fans just cant move on which is sad :(
The bizarre thing is that it is a lot of the people who stuck by Bamford that are now being ganged up on by people who would have sold him given half the chance but now act like he can do no wrong. The fickle fans are the ones who of course are always right as they don't stick by their opinions from times gone by but change simply because a player hits a purple patch. The same fans who turned on Bielsa, the same fans who creamed their pants over Jesse Marsch, the same fans who wrote the continually injured Firpo off (yet now want to be excused for their opinions on Bamford whilst he was injured).

Bamford is doing well. He does what he does well but has limitations. He would be in the team for me at present but equally, as we have seen this season with the likes of Gnonto and Gruev, if he gets injured someone else, be it Piroe or Joseph, could come in and have a purple patch and be flavour of the month.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:58 pm And you were right, because so did I and he was. We don't see eye to eye a lot of the time but we often reach the same conclusion via different routes...

BTW ... I have Kenny on ignore and it's the best way imo.. and god knows how someone can ask you if you're a Leeds fan, would have thought that was f**king obvious

As I say we're heading toward Stepford Wives territory ... We must do/post what we're told or else

I have not ridiculed anyone that has said Paddy should start, I've been ridiculed for saying Mateo should start ... despite my careful wording I use when I do ... I just think he's a better footballer and for me you start your best players ... I'm a huge fan of Charlie Cresswell but I wouldn't say he should start over Rodon as Rodon is the better player atm ..
Thanks, we rarely agree but do respect someone who sticks to there guns rather then just joining the clique.

I've had him on ignore once but I often read the forum offline if I haven't time to log on and post so it's pointless.

Ahh the which team do you support is a common one, I'm clearly playing the long game.

It is I agree, don't dare say anything that isn't the forum line.

I also never said Joseph should start, nor Cresswell. But nobody who feels he does should be ridiculed or mocked.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:14 pm All about opinions and people have a right to have different ones. The squareball is one of only 2 podcasts I bother with (alongside the BBC one although I have been listening to the Bamford one too). I like the insights from Phil Hay, who generally knows his stuff unlike the chump the YEP got in to replace him. I like Moscow's sense of humour, very dry but also absurd at times. A lot of the time it does drag on a bit though and can see why some people would find it boring. Preferable though to over excited idiots or people who are so far up their own arse they are simply annoying.
I'm looking forward to a podcast relating to Neil Warnock's departure this week, they touched on the subject last week, hopefully more to come, Moscow can go on a bit, but his impression of Warnock is spot on.

Michael does a very fine Farke impression too. :lol:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Kettle pot black, and 2 fans enter the town of Fickledom.

Bias :roflmao: Piroe the only player that can't find his role in the team, aye, it's bias oreet :lol:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:10 pm You have to remember Paddy has had a horrific time with injuries, stop-start training sessions & no pre-seasons.

Paddy does a lot more than just running around.

By making the run his goal came by being in the right place at the right time, not standing statutory on the edge of the box hoping the ball is delivered to him.

His lovely pass to Rutter, who showed no composure, smashing the ball wide, nothing new there!

Paddy's delightful flick/lay off to Rutter in the build-up for our second goal.

Players like Kruev/Kamara have all the time in the world to play a simple pass, Bamford occupies three defenders & expected to produce miracles under lots of physical pressure.

Just give the bloke credit rather than all the unjust criticism he still receives.
I think you do a great disservice to Gruev and Kamara. They are continually moving, just look at their heat maps, so that they are in space when they receive the ball so that they can then pass under less pressure. It is the difference in teams that have a system of playing and have players continually moving off the ball to make it easier for themselves and their team mates rather than teams who are managed by someone who just rocks up and says, 'We are going to play out from the back.'
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:56 pm Opinions change.

I can't recall slagging Paddy too much when he scored 17 goals in the PL.

I do remember saying we were weakened when Bamford & Phillips prior to our promotion when in the championship.

During his serious injury period, I didn't want Paddy anywhere near the team as he wasn't fit.

I wasn't happy with Bamford, Gnonto or Anthony in our away defeat at Stoke, all three were poor.

It was obvious the Piroe/Rutter combination wasn't working during our dodgy period in December, something needed to change.

Farke gambled on Bamford bringing him back into the first team vs Birmingham on New Year Day. Paddy bangs in the first goal & he & the Leeds team haven't looked back since.
You did say Farke was right to not play Bamford for more than a few minutes as he wasn't good enough.

Not just you, many did.

Whereas myself and Faaip and a few others made the point it wasn't fair to judge Bamford on such limited time.

But now we are the haters and bitter ones?

As I said, plenty on here are fickle and change opinions like underpants.

Then pretend they were always of that view.

I can admit I was wrong about Bamford needing to be sold, can those now telling everyone how brilliant he is admit they were wrong for defending Farke when he was giving him so few minutes and mocking those who said he was being unfair on Bamford?
Signed

King Cjay