Plymouth Argyle v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Plymouth Argyle v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:46 pm Watched it a few times, he certainly doesn't try to bring it down, he's always intending to knock it past the defender.
Sorry ?

Please refer to the above ^ on page 22

Please guys n gals, we have enough Leeds fans that only 'see what they want to see'

No wonder there's so many arguments, it's like the guy that just wants DF sacked and refuses to see the truth even if it smacks him right in the face, and if you are speaking the truth, well, Lord help us here.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Not watched but I presume Willy admits it was a slightly fortunate touch.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Why have you not watched :duno:

It's quite easy.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:07 am Why have you not watched :duno:

It's quite easy.
Just up and not ready for Willy yet
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:50 am Sorry ?

Please refer to the above ^ on page 22

Please guys n gals, we have enough Leeds fans that only 'see what they want to see'

No wonder there's so many arguments, it's like the guy that just wants DF sacked and refuses to see the truth even if it smacks him right in the face, and if you are speaking the truth, well, Lord help us here.

Sorry, didn't realise we weren't allowed to have our own opinions on something Kenny. I'll just close the forum down now if speculation and debate aren't allowed.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:53 am Not watched but I presume Willy admits it was a slightly fortunate touch.

It doesn't say what he meant to do, he just says "he got a bit lucky". But we shouldn't speculate on what he means by that because Kenny has decided.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:51 pm Superb control of the dropping ball
I mean it's like this ^ :shock:

I'm like "WTF! ?" ......Does he actually mean that that was a superb piece of control, coz there's isn't a chance of harmony when there's such comments around, something like that is quite astonishing, and if it's a "different view :lol: " then fck me .....well, it's time give up.
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:07 am Why have you not watched :duno:

It's quite easy.
He’s just being modest. He wasn’t going to come straight out and say I’m Messi the 2nd. Mind you after his scuffed goal in the last game as well maybe that’s his thing. Willy “Scuffer lucky sod” Gnonto
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:12 am It doesn't say what he meant to do, he just says "he got a bit lucky". But we shouldn't speculate on what he means by that because Kenny has decided.
I wouldn’t concentrate so much on the “luck” anyway.
His quick thinking is several seconds ahead of the defender. Scuffed shot, who fecking cares. Tbh I think they should be disallowed. Any shot not perfectly hit on the sweet spot of the boot is no goal
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:12 am He’s just being modest. He wasn’t going to come straight out and say I’m Messi the 2nd. Mind you after his scuffed goal in the last game as well maybe that’s his thing. Willy “Scuffer lucky sod” Gnonto
:lol:

Go on keep wriggling :)

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am I wouldn’t concentrate so much on the “luck” anyway.
His quick thinking is several seconds ahead of the defender. Scuffed shot, who fecking cares. Tbh I think they should be disallowed. Any shot not perfectly hit on the sweet spot of the boot is no goal
I'm not saying i care at all, never stated i care, they all feckin count.

I was just more interested in being proven right after quite a few decided to jump into the argument.

Against me, may i add.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:17 am :lol:

Go on keep wriggling :)
He’ll always be Scuffer to me from now on.
I had 2-1 Gnonto yesterday as well. He could’ve scuffed one in his own goal the tight git.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:12 am It doesn't say what he meant to do, he just says "he got a bit lucky". But we shouldn't speculate on what he means by that because Kenny has decided.
And you can speculate all you like, and folk can argue all they like, but i'll still stand my own corner if i feel i'm right, and i'll very rarely hold my hand up when wrong.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:20 am I'm not saying i care at all, never stated i care, they all feckin count.

I was just more interested in being proven right after quite a few decided to jump into the argument.

Against me, may i add.
It seems that you were right. Old Scuffer admitted it. Totally lucky goal. I still say from the last angle on Sky highlights that you could easily believe it was intentional. From the other angles definitely looks fortunate.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:23 am And you can speculate all you like, and folk can argue all they like, but i'll still stand my own corner if i feel i'm right, and i'll very rarely hold my hand up when wrong.

That's fine, you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

He is meaning to control it. Where the 'lucky' bit comes into it is that it fell perfectly past the defender who had committed himself. If Gnonto controls it the same way but the defender doesn't commit then likely the chance is gone.

For me it is just the same as the control in the Bamford 'wondergoal.' Both players are just looking to try to control it as best they can. For both goals the ball then falls perfectly. Given Bamford's usual control I would expect if he tried to do the same thing another 100 times it would fall like that only one or two times.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Has anyone else seen the vidoe of the Leeds mascot getting abuse from plymouth fans, he gives it back big style and shut the bullies up :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:24 am It seems that you were right. Old Scuffer admitted it. Totally lucky goal. I still say from the last angle on Sky highlights that you could easily believe it was intentional. From the other angles definitely looks fortunate.
Whilst watching live i thought " well that's come from nowhere, how's that ended up in the back of the net, this'll be interesting to watch again"

On doing so, my instant thought was "well there's a good example of some good luck" coz i'm always bangin on abart it being good to have it on your side, he totally miss controlled it compared to how he meant to kill it, but it fell fortunate for him to then control and strike, but he scuffs the strike and it ends up in the back of the net !...To then read it was meant, leaves you like :shock: wtf !?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:35 am Has anyone else seen the vidoe of the Leeds mascot getting abuse from plymouth fans, he gives it back big style and shut the bullies up :tup:
I'd like to see that :geek: eagerly

;@)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:37 am I'd like to see that :geek: eagerly
I got it sent from a pal who went yesterday, I think it's on x or twitter as it was. Leeds United mascot x.
I've no idea how to pot vids on.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"